Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if this "production release" shipped last weekend? The latest timeline for FSD Beta is .5 - 1.5 weeks from now 🤔
(Tweet is from Jun 6)

Edit: I guess the Twitter thread included profanity, the part from Musk that I was referring to was:

"One more production release of pure vision this week, then FSD beta 9 a week or two later."

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this "production release" shipped last weekend? The latest timeline for FSD Beta is .5 - 1.5 weeks from now 🤔
(Tweet is from Jun 6)

OK, I'll keep marching after that carrot...

FSD.PNG

Last edited:
Macros are down.. probably due to halted opening in the UK because of Covid-Delta-Variant that spreads around there & threatens everyone who doesn't have it yet with new lockdowns.

The Fed’s two-day meeting ends Wednesday afternoon with the release of its usual statement and the quarterly projections

Market is waiting for Fed que on next steps ...

• Helpful
Reactions: Don TLR
It looks to be in "kneeling" mode, an under-recognized feature that's going to be a real game-changer in terms of loading and unloading speed and ease, especially difficult objects like motorcycles, lawn tractors, refrigerators and other appliances and even things like brush and firewood. Everyone seems to focus on the fact that the Cybertrucks side-wings make side-loading difficult but the truth of the matter is the sides of modern 1/2 ton pickup beds have become so tall that side-loading/unloading is almost never done anyway.
Not that the following matters to Tesla as CT will sell out with US demand for years to come.

Using Australia as a comparison, most of the Australian pickups (called utes) would be considered midsized in the US. We had around 10 or so on our farm (sold now) at any given time in various stages of repair - new for tasks that required high reliability and roadworthiness, old beaters for short haul trips around the farm. Side loading was used frequently, as was the ability to carry items wider than the truck resting on the sides of the bed. I'd imagine loading sand/gravel in the back of a CT via a loader/tractor would be more tricky as the bucket would need to go over the wings, not just the height of the bed. There's quite a few other tasks I think the wings will make more annoying to perform. Certain truck mods would also need to be redesigned (e.g. stock crates).

1623771085168.png

I don't think the design allows for Cab/chassis sales either - which take up a reasonable portion of the market - and allow for modifications of the bed to suit unique needs.
1623771173497.png

Anywho I don't think farmers are the target market for CT and my thread is ignoring all the benefits in this post a powerful EV would have. But I'd want to test out a CT for a while before committing to it over the traditional shape.

It looks to be in "kneeling" mode, an under-recognized feature that's going to be a real game-changer in terms of loading and unloading speed and ease, especially difficult objects like motorcycles, lawn tractors, refrigerators and other appliances and even things like brush and firewood. Everyone seems to focus on the fact that the Cybertrucks side-wings make side-loading difficult but the truth of the matter is the sides of modern 1/2 ton pickup beds have become so tall that side-loading/unloading is almost never done anyway.
10 year owner of a full size pickup truck here. I have the smallest engine model, 2WD, 6.5' bed. I have carried hundreds of loads from sheet goods, scrap, trash, furniture, rock and soil etc, usually 1-2 loads a month. Of that time, I have side loaded probably 4 times. In all of those cases, rear loading would have taken 15-20 mins more time but would have been possible. So when I get my cybertruck, it will cost me about 10 minutes of lost productivity a year. Not getting gas or oil changes will make up for that within two weeks. In that time, I have put very roughly about $12,000 worth of gas into my truck, so on cheap electricity I would save $9000 over the life of the vehicle, making the cybertruck a no brainer.

Edit: No, the sides of a modern pickup truck are not a major impediment to side loading. And just maybe, side loading on the cyber is actually possible anyhow if the operator is careful. Side loading for me has always been dirt or firewood.

10 year owner of a full size pickup truck here. I have the smallest engine model, 2WD, 6.5' bed. I have carried hundreds of loads from sheet goods, scrap, trash, furniture, rock and soil etc, usually 1-2 loads a month. Of that time, I have side loaded probably 4 times. In all of those cases, rear loading would have taken 15-20 mins more time but would have been possible. So when I get my cybertruck, it will cost me about 10 minutes of lost productivity a year. Not getting gas or oil changes will make up for that within two weeks. In that time, I have put very roughly about $12,000 worth of gas into my truck, so on cheap electricity I would save $9000 over the life of the vehicle, making the cybertruck a no brainer.

Edit: No, the sides of a modern pickup truck are not a major impediment to side loading. And just maybe, side loading on the cyber is actually possible anyhow if the operator is careful. Side loading for me has always been dirt or firewood.
Won't kneeling make it way easier to side load Cybertruck than ICE truck??