Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People who think Gordo is actually 'smart' should really reconsider:

View attachment 673601

Even one of the biggest $TSLAQ had to chime in:

View attachment 673602

Anyone interested in reading about his latest BS...

He probably didn't refresh his screen, or the tesla.cn site just got updated. I'm seeing the correct 0-60 time and top speed on tesla.cn, so don't know what gordo's smoking. As dumb as he is, he doesn't make such blatantly dumb mistakes.

OT. Well I woke up early in this morning, and while expecting another boring day watching the time value of my option calls slowly eat away at their (current) face value (but also expecting a surprise climb, any day, sometime this year), an idea came to me*.

Forget radar, too slow and complicated to integrate with NN / Vision AI.

Something way easier and useful IMHO would be to incorporate a version of convoy assist driving: assuming there will be more and more Teslas on the roads, Tesla HQ would know which cars could share a segment of road driving, and sync their positions so one could follow the other - the advantage would be that the second (third etc) would benefit from the lead car driver's attention.

They would "see" ahead better than the lead car would as that they would also register that lead car's vision info.
More daring even would be to have following cars follow very closely, thus reducing air drag and improving fuel uh EWH economy - since they see / communicate w/ea other they could do so with extreme precision and confidence.

*and I hope some Tesla engineers read this, I'd be thrilled if it were implemented, tho if it makes sense, it probably is in the pipeline already.

PS. IF our political leaders had any sense they would incorporate V2X tech into our infrastructure and accelerate standards for X2X communications. That would really make sense, also actually remove a big chunk of Tesla's advantage, so rescue legacy car makers. Not going to happen of course, Jimmy Carter was probably the last elected political leader who had enough tech common sense and leadership to understand any of this.
Honestly, it is highly valuable, but only when Tesla's reach ubiquity. Could be interesting starting in 2030 if production/delivery targets meet their predictions.

I'd guess you'd need about 80 to 90% locale penetration to launch a feature that has a high dependence on surrounding vehicles.

Reactions: wipster
My state senator recently emailed constituents to say that he strongly opposes closing a coal-burning power plant. I replied to him to complain of his uncaring for our health, and his bowing toward the "rent seeking landlords of the status quo".

Chicago Tribune - this morning: As legislature reconvenes, Illinois is poised to become the first state in the Midwest to ban coal-burning power plants

Excerpt:

Phasing out the combustion fuels — coal by 2035 and gas a decade later — is a key element of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s plans to move Illinois into a clean energy future. If the Chicago Democrat can muscle his legislation through the General Assembly this week, new government requirements would speed up a transition to climate-friendly electric generation and transportation that already is embraced by some in the private sector.

Among other things, the bill would double the state’s commitment to renewable energy, with a goal of raising the amount of wind and solar power to 40% of the state’s electric generation by the end of the decade, up from 8% in 2019.

Several hurdles remain, in particular opposition from five Chicago suburbs and dozens of Downstate communities that during the mid-2000s agreed to help pay off more than $5 billion in debt for the Prairie State Generating Station — one of the Top 10 industrial sources of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in the United States.

Last edited:
You're going to be waiting quite awhile. Sandy buys all his own vehicles for tear-down purposes. Therefore he only does mainstream (read: high sales volume) cars on spec. He has to attract an large audience to buy his analysis (lately, to watch his Youtube vidz). Any small volume car like the Plaid S is going to be a contract job for another engineering company (like M-B) or a hedge banker, and they will NOT allow the results to be released publicly.

As predicted, Sandy Munro just announced via his Youtube channel (45 min ago) that he is launching a crowd-funding campaign to purchase a Plaid Model S for a tear down.

$13 for a bumper sticker, 10K need to be sold to raise $130K for the purchase. Sandy says he'll cover the tear down costs:

Model S Plaid: Sandy's Plan

Cheers!

He probably didn't refresh his screen, or the tesla.cn site just got updated. I'm seeing the correct 0-60 time and top speed on tesla.cn, so don't know what gordo's smoking. As dumb as he is, he doesn't make such blatantly dumb mistakes.

I hesitate to waste any time on GoJo, but the other day he also misinterpreted the May CPCA data in a way that he thought meant that Tesla exported all of its Model 3 production, to which he of course immediately responded with "No MoDeL 3 DeMaNd in ChInA". (The correct read was that all of its exports were Model 3s.)

The dude is so desperate to find a dark lining that he goes off half-cocked all the time these days. So, yes, he does make such blatantly dumb mistakes.

Sandy is going to purchase a Plaid to do a tear down. One hitch is his $$ already set aside for other projects including 2 Cybertrucks so he’s selling 10,000 bumper stickers @ $13 each to purchase a Plaid.

Well worth is considering his contributions to Tesla and the community as a whole. One comment was put the 10,000 names in a hat for giveaways of parts, sounds good and one was to possibly get some Plaid.

Edit,, Dodger beat me by a few minutes..

Since it's so slow today... how about an idea. I know someone who got stranded in their S because of no spare tire, then sold the car right after. Been there myself for a bit after hitting a big pothole on a mountain road going skiing. Ruins one's day when the tire you need is not available for about 200 miles.

Why not have a tire lockbox at each supercharger? It opens with help from Tesla Service. Use and return at a proper Tesla Service Center (sorry Tx). Have a few sizes on hand. At least with a tire or entire wheel in hand, there is hope. Heck, maybe the T-Diners will have the service too.

True, replenishing tires adds to overall costs, so maybe Tesla's trying to solve the flat tire problem first. "The best part is no part" except for spares that we still need. Like having the extra FSD computer, or bringing extra blankets for Mars.

Notice how Elon uses a specific term for "that part of the company building the production equipment or factory (i.e. the machine that builds the machine)": Tesla Automation (the branch providing Tesla with its lead over its competitors).

Other known branches of Tesla:
Tesla Motors (the one most known to WallStreet)
Tesla Energy (the one WS keeps underestimating)
Tesla Insurance (the one almost no one talks about)
Tesla A.I. (the wildcard)

So the current stock price isn't $617, really. It's $123,5 for each of the above branches. 😎 #bullish
Don’t forget Tesla Network—the Gigapress for printing money—which could start seeing revenue this year, e.g. if robotaxis in the Las Vegas Loop are in the network. 😁

Since it's so slow today... how about an idea. I know someone who got stranded in their S because of no spare tire, then sold the car right after. Been there myself for a bit after hitting a big pothole on a mountain road going skiing. Ruins one's day when the tire you need is not available for about 200 miles.

Why not have a tire lockbox at each supercharger? It opens with help from Tesla Service. Use and return at a proper Tesla Service Center (sorry Tx). Have a few sizes on hand. At least with a tire or entire wheel in hand, there is hope. Heck, maybe the T-Diners will have the service too.

True, replenishing tires adds to overall costs, so maybe Tesla's trying to solve the flat tire problem first. "The best part is no part" except for spares that we still need. Like having the extra FSD computer, or bringing extra blankets for Mars.
Lol, put a tiny battery pack in there as well (like the gas can concept) to take back to your vehicle should you need 4 more miles of charge.

Texas is having power problems again. Texas grid operator urges electricity conservation as many power generators are unexpectedly offline and temperatures rise

ERCOT officials said the power plant outages were unexpected — and could not provide details as to what could be causing them.

“I don’t have any potential reasons [for the plant outages] that I can share at this time,” said Warren Lasher, ERCOT senior director of systems planning, during a Monday call with media. “It is not consistent with fleet performance that we have seen over the last few summers.”

For those of us who lived through the California power crisis back in 2001, there's some deja vu. That crisis also had mysterious, unexpected outages at power plants and gas pipelines, as well as sudden congestion on power lines, creating very profitable price spikes in the electricity spot market. Much later it came out that the power crisis was mostly caused by market manipulation. And there's suspicion that what's going on in Texas right now is another round of market manipulation. Perhaps certain power producers saw how profitable a real shortage could be back in February, and are now creating a fake shortage on purpose.

Energy storage will hopefully cut off future opportunities for market manipulation.

Texas is having power problems again. Texas grid operator urges electricity conservation as many power generators are unexpectedly offline and temperatures rise

For those of us who lived through the California power crisis back in 2001, there's some deja vu. That crisis also had mysterious, unexpected outages at power plants and gas pipelines, as well as sudden congestion on power lines, creating very profitable price spikes in the electricity spot market. Much later it came out that the power crisis was mostly caused by market manipulation. And there's suspicion that what's going on in Texas right now is another round of market manipulation. Perhaps certain power producers saw how profitable a real shortage could be back in February, and are now creating a fake shortage on purpose.

Energy storage will hopefully cut off future opportunities for market manipulation.
No kidding! Not surprised.

"ERCOT officials said the power plant outages were unexpected — and could not provide details as to what could be causing them."

On competition:

An OEM could only try to build a better or cheaper EV, never both. Also, good luck trying to do that faster than Tesla.

After Plaid, the “better” part is getting much more difficult, even if you go for Million-dollar price tags.

And after 4680 and structural pack and giga-casting and CyberEverything, the “cheaper” part would be difficult too.

There is no point comparing consumer product without comparing price, and for investors it’s the cost that matters, not MSRP. If someone want to price their offerings below cost so they can at least move a few units, ok, fine, let’s see how long they can continue.

On that, there is no competition, never was and never will. There is a big enough EV market for some startups to survive, but no one would be able to challenge the crown for at least the next decade.

I rest my case.

Stop confusing him with facts!

In US this is also measured from rolling (as the first feet is not counted), in Germany from standstill. Usually costs about 0.1s extra.

For clarity- Tesla only uses rollout for their P models in the US- they don't use it for non-P models. (and they've been doing this a long time- folks were complaining about them doing this since the P85 days- but at least then they made it easy to tell with a * right on the spec, they don't even do that anymore making it a lot harder to realize they're doing this).

Which is legitimately deceptive- every other OEM I'm aware of EITHER uses rollout for all their cars (most American companies for example) or none of their cars (German companies for example) so you can fairly compare apples to apples between trims- Same with car magazines they use the same standard for all results (again usually US mags using rolling, and EU ones measuring without it)-- Tesla does not, continuing to use 2 different measurements depending if it's a P or not....

But Gordon lacks so much basic understanding of... well... nearly anything.... he misses that particular low hanging fruit and instead misreads websites and mistranslates standard and metric.

Last edited:
No kidding! Not surprised.

"ERCOT officials said the power plant outages were unexpected — and could not provide details as to what could be causing them."
Funny because the more shortages they can have the higher the electricity prices will be due to Texas' pricing structure. Peaker plant operators love this. And only the power plants can use battery storage as it's illegal to put it where it might do some good.

Reactions: Duffer and wipster
I hesitate to waste any time on GoJo, but the other day he also misinterpreted the May CPCA data in a way that he thought meant that Tesla exported all of its Model 3 production, to which he of course immediately responded with "No MoDeL 3 DeMaNd in ChInA". (The correct read was that all of its exports were Model 3s.)

The dude is so desperate to find a dark lining that he goes off half-cocked all the time these days. So, yes, he does make such blatantly dumb mistakes.
I don't think he is making any 'mistakes' per se. Like him, and others, a misleading headline, rearrangement of words in a headline, or change in word choice/diction can have an effect-- TSLA has had a high sensitivity to headlines or 'news' and small price movements can generate income for those whose income depends on these minor gyrations. These people are actually super aware of the headlines and know exactly what they are doing. Look at recent headlines about superchargers, plaid model s, or hundreds of other advancements or orders placed, etc and compare that to traditional automakers and the associated headlines. While there may be a 'conspiracy' against EVs, more plausibly, TSLA remains more volatile to 'headlines'. I wonder if algobots are part of this picture...