Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO, Elon's already incentivized for that mkt cap gain. If he owns ~25% of TSLA, his net gain is about $600B (or 3 "Bezos"). Elon's 2018 CEO comp shares have to be held 5 yrs after vesting, and I expect TSLA to go to more like $6T by that time (Robotaxi realized). That's a net gain of $1.35T vs today's Mkt cap.

Elon has shown he is not motivated by money (he's selling his last California home, and lives in a $50K rental house in Boca Chica). Elon will use his TSLA weatlh to finance his dream of creating a colony on Mars. I expect that X.com will be a large part of his financial future, becoming a holding company for all his various businesses.

I also DO NOT expect Elon will ever sell his TSLA shares. Instead, I expect he will borrow against them at low margin rates, allowing their continued appreciation to outpace the slow increase in interest expense.

This is a future I find both exciting and compelling. But I don't think Elon needs more money to want it to succeed.

Cheers!

How do you give a double thumbs up??

You make a half dozen insightful suggestions I agree with, Dodger.

Um... keep up the good work.
;)

You make a half dozen insightful suggestions I agree with, Dodger.

Lol, I remember as a teenage business student taking a course called "Motivation and Productivity" - it was all about structuring a pay and incentives package plus the work environment to maximize motivation in employees. Not just for them to accept an employment offer, but also to use their maximal talents and effort to achieve workplace goals.

Elon creates this enviroment in every one of his businesses. Elon has created his own reward structure to achieve the goals which he himself has chosen. With Elon, the GOAL is the REWARD. External rewards like money are a distant forth place in Elon's motivational environment, I think.

Want to incentivize somebody? Offer Zach $200M to take over as CEO when the time comes (Elon is staying on as Chairman and Chief Product Architect). I suggest that will spur more new effort in Zach than offering $200B to Elon. :D

Cheers!

Guys/Gals...i hate to break it to y'all but there's a new battery sheriff in town: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1623856013258.png

1623855960786.png

The use of carbon fiber in the motor has got me wondering if Tesla will pursue more uses for it in their vehicles, namely the Roadster.

It would seem that a carbon fiber chassis could have way more pro's than con's. Assuming it can be made and recycled sustainably of course.

Also, it is interesting that we didn't come across a JD (Job Description) posting on Tesla for a materials engineer with carbon expertise. I wonder how many they have already?

While I don't think it is highly probable, I could see this as a discussion point for folks to ponder.

I don't think BMW is currently fully utilizing the carbon plan in Moses Lake, WA. I'd bet they could get it for cheap!
We know that Tesla and SpaceX have cross-pollinated beforeI'd bet the carbon-fiber expertise SpaceX has played a role here...

Does anyone feel like $TSLA is just artificially being held down and can break out at any time? Asking for a friend.......
No, I think more like market is being stupid again. Money being diverted from TSLA and into F and GM is dead money. If this is true then even with a monster Q2-Q4 we might not go up much. But, all it does is leaving more upside for the future when F and GM begin to show signs of desperation while TSLA is still kicking ass.

No, I think more like market is being stupid again. Money being diverted from TSLA and into F and GM is dead money. If this is true then even with a monster Q2-Q4 we might not go up much. But, all it does is leaving more upside for the future when F and GM begin to show signs of desperation while TSLA is still kicking ass.
You mean like this announcement from 2018?

1623858104803.png

Market is too stupid to realize there's no room for F and GM to grow. The more money they "invest" in EV, the worse their 10-K is going to look. There's no upsides in growth or gross margin in store for them. Only downhill from here.
Agreed.....my only issue with $TSLA at these levels is that i have scoured the entire neighborhood radius of 50 blocks and gotten all the couches loose change.....i have resorted to going to furniture stores now since everywhere is open. :)

New production ramping up, strong deliveries, and a growing solar business is what these three will watch for in coming months. If all goes well, those catalysts should be enough to drive Tesla stock higher, as long as there is no bad news in the meantime.