Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see this get picked up by the mainstream media:

In a testament to Tesla’s number one priority, safety, all four occupants of the red Model 3 were able to get out of the car under their own power before first responders arrived. All four were transported to a nearby hospital with only minor and moderate injuries.
60-0 mph in 1.9 ms.
Impressive -acceleration!

Kinda begs the question,

What is the maximum air speed velocity of a fully laden Model 3?

African, or European? (ducks. er, swallows)

Further to "revision-to-the-mean" for TSLA, here is a trading summary post-Dec 18, 2020:

No. of shares trades | Value in U$D | Volume-weighted Avg Price (VWAP)

4,068,215,759 Shares traded​
$2,849,654,901,038.25 USD traded​
$700.47 VWAP​

Yes, you read that right: over 4 Billion shares of TSLA traded for $2.85T since the S&P 500 inclusion, at an ASP of over $700/share.

As I said above, we are still WAY oversold.

Cheers!

The Greenspan suit against Tesla, Elon, and Qazi has made some progress towards resolution: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.359812/gov.uscourts.cand.359812.125.0.pdf

All of the federal claims in the TAC are dismissed, as are the state law claims against Musk and Tesla. The dismissals are without prejudice and with leave to amend. It is true that Greenspan has already had three opportunities to amend his allegations, see Dkt. Nos. 20, 70, 103, and two of the amendments were in response to motions to dismiss that put him on notice of potential deficiencies with his pleadings, see Dkt. Nos. 56, 65, 75, 76. Even so, this is the Court’s first order on the adequacy of the complaint, and leave to amend is warranted in this circumstance.

The court is giving Greenspan one more chance to file a fourth amended complaint, but it has to be 50 pages or less. (His third was 428; second was 1,889, first was 1,606; original was 264.)

So hopefully this will be resolved in the next couple of months.

almost @ Beast Mode ;)
Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 6.30.07 PM.png

Unplugged Performance Tweeted this about Pikes Peak qualifier today:

"Qualifying update
@PPIHC
. We’ve been conservative today and comfortably beat our qualifying record last year. Last year our Model 3 clocked an impressive 4:15.09. Now UP Tesla Model S Plaid delivered an ICE crushing 4:10.3! We are still optimizing and will be faster on race day!"

Cathie Wood must be doing something right. Yesterday, Sucking Alpha published a hit piece on ARK's flagship ETF, in which TSLA is the largest holding.

The article brims with fancy jargon, impressive charts and tables, and ridiculous grammatical errors. I skimmed the impressiveness and found this:

Let's take a look at the company's 5 main holdings and what investors can expect.​
Tesla
Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) currently trades at a P/E multiple of above 600. The company has made significant strides in the international EV market but the stock doesn't justify valuation by any means. If you use the company's free cash flow and multiply it by EV/EBITDA then divide it by shares outstanding you'll find an absolute value of $482.04, worth a downside of 29%. The company is still innovative in nature (common with engineering companies) phase and additional shares might need to be issued to expand, which will most likely dilute fair value even further. [sic]​

I confess I stopped there.

I know of several electric vehicle racers racing this week end that will read the article below more than once, and intently look at the photos.

Unplugged Performance Tweeted this about Pikes Peak qualifier today:

"Qualifying update
@PPIHC
. We’ve been conservative today and comfortably beat our qualifying record last year. Last year our Model 3 clocked an impressive 4:15.09. Now UP Tesla Model S Plaid delivered an ICE crushing 4:10.3! We are still optimizing and will be faster on race day!"

Could you please inform me where you found the Ice crushing Tesla? I looked on Amazon and can't find it.

Cathie Wood must be doing something right. Yesterday, Sucking Alpha published a hit piece on ARK's flagship ETF, in which TSLA is the largest holding.

The article brims with fancy jargon, impressive charts and tables, and ridiculous grammatical errors. I skimmed the impressiveness and found this:

Let's take a look at the company's 5 main holdings and what investors can expect.​
Tesla
Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) currently trades at a P/E multiple of above 600. The company has made significant strides in the international EV market but the stock doesn't justify valuation by any means. If you use the company's free cash flow and multiply it by EV/EBITDA then divide it by shares outstanding you'll find an absolute value of $482.04, worth a downside of 29%. The company is still innovative in nature (common with engineering companies) phase and additional shares might need to be issued to expand, which will most likely dilute fair value even further. [sic]​

I confess I stopped there.
And took a shower, with bleach??

After hours volume likely will be ~1.5M

Does anyone know of a source to check historical after hours volumes?

This urgency to acquire shares, even if through after-hours seems short covering.

Is there a TSLA specific influencing factor, or some broader factor?

If it isn’t short covering, and shares are getting acquired with such urgency, then it’s likely not just reversion to mean, but someone’s know something big?

Reactions: Queeg500
During the previous four sessions, TSLA closed above its 200-day SMA (simple moving average) which today is at $616. Today TSLA has soared above its 50-day SMA of $642. There is not much significant news. Somebody must know or expect something.
Seems no one mentioned tomorrow is the day of short interest report for Jun-15th.

Of all the things, shorts know one thing we don’t, and we may never know for sure.

Heh, so yesterday afternoon, when TSLA was in the low 620s, I decided that I had waited as long as I could to sell a few shares for living expenses (I've been considering/prepping for the next leg of my journey). My sell order triggered at market open.

You're welcome!

PS: Don't feel sad for my "underpriced" sale:
1) I never, ever sell at "Market", so it wasn't THAT underpriced ( and at >$3100 pre-split, was it.... really?)​
2) The few shares sold are but a drop in a bucket (not island/mountain sized, but big enough for moi)​
3) I refuse to feel regret (about anything, ever), so you shouldn't either!​

Happy Wednesday!

Edited to say, Yay! This is my 100th post!