Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might be less than one week, if they want some extra revenue for Q2.
Everyone has their own opinion. I tend to view Q2 as a sacrificial quarter. The first half of the year has involved a lot of forward preparation that will pay off in the second half. I would be pushing what I could into Q3. Any personnel issues I would try to clear in Q2, any recalls, any super computer buying etc.

So I have very high expectations for Q3 & Q4. YMMV.

Biden says he will not sign the bipartisan infrastructure bill unless the bill containing the EV tax credits are also passed: ‘We’ve struck a deal’: Biden says agreement reached on infrastructure plan – live

And Pelosi won't introduce the bipartisan bill in the house until the remainder bill is prepared. So it's essentially still one package, just with a political firewall between the components seen as too progressive.
At first this seems like this would prevent anything from passing because Manchin will never support the reconciliation bill. However, I think it's actually a very shrewd move because while the Republican part of this "bipartisan" group agrees to vote for the bill, we can be sure that most of them won't vote for cloture to stop the filibuster that will prevent the bill from ever getting a vote. But this threat by Biden to not sign it might actually trick Republican into letting this part get a vote under the expectation that the reconciliation part will never pass (which is near certainly true, especially if the infrastructure bill does pass).

With this move at least Biden can go back on his word and sign the infrastructure bill even though he won't get the other part. Without this threat he very likely wouldn't ever get either part.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tim S
At first this seems like this would prevent anything from passing because Manchin will never support the reconciliation bill. However, I think it's actually a very shrewd move because while the Republican part of this "bipartisan" group agrees to vote for the bill, we can be sure that most of them won't vote for cloture to stop the filibuster that will prevent the bill from ever getting a vote. But this threat by Biden to not sign it might actually trick Republican into letting this part get a vote under the expectation that the reconciliation part will never pass (which is near certainly true, especially if the infrastructure bill does pass).

With this move at least Biden can go back on his word and sign the infrastructure bill even though he won't get the other part. Without this threat he very likely wouldn't ever get either part.
This is why people hate politics.

This is why people hate politics.
And why we never discuss such here ... :rolleyes:

We are reaching a level of FUD, where it is just too much even for CNBC anchors. If I'm not careful I'll start liking her...
PS: never mind the second part of the segment, that guy, once again, acts like a drunk uncle at the dinner table who starts talking incoherently about things unrelated to the conversation, but everyone remains polite.

We are reaching a level of FUD, where it is just too much even for CNBC anchors. If I'm not careful I'll start liking her...
PS: never mind the second part of the segment, that guy, once again, acts like a drunk uncle at the dinner table who starts talking incoherently about things unrelated to the conversation, but everyone remains polite.

I want my 2 minutes and 32 seconds back.
Once again confirming there is no reason to watch that crap.

I want my 2 minutes and 32 seconds back.
Once again confirming there is no reason to watch that crap.
For those that did not watch this: This is funny. Even the CNBC anchors said in frustration after reading the teleprompter about one guy suing for being charged for parking in a SuperCharger spot after the car has been charged, “Talk about a crank. Just move your car so somebody else can charge. I can’t believe we’re actually doing a headline on like this. What a crank.” Sounds like even the CNBC staff are getting fed up with all the FUD they are made to read.

D55FE427-9B54-4B94-A30F-71A6088132F2.jpeg

Last edited:
This is funny. Even the CNBC newscaster said in frustration after reading the teleprompter about one guy suing for being charged for parking in a SuperCharger spot after the car has been charged, “Talk about a crank. Just move your car so somebody else can charge. I can’t believe we are doing a headline on like this. What a crank.” Sounds like even the CNBC staff are getting fed up with all the FUD they are made to read.

View attachment 677520
They get no points for stating the obvious.

To me they are like a neighbor who blasts obnoxious sounds all night. If they stop for a few minutes....well I still moved out a long time ago.

For those that did not watch this: This is funny. Even the CNBC anchors said in frustration after reading the teleprompter about one guy suing for being charged for parking in a SuperCharger spot after the car has been charged, “Talk about a crank. Just move your car so somebody else can charge. I can’t believe we are doing a headline on like this. What a crank.” Sounds like even the CNBC staff are getting fed up with all the FUD they are made to read.

View attachment 677520
Getting this out now (as rediculous as it is) opens space for response comments later on. Tesla is news. Earlier they discussed the best performers over the last year. Second best performer was Tesla.

Next analyst was asked how their Tesla investment had done but they obviously had missed out on Tesla and diverted their comments to Peleton (Yesterday’s COVID stock) Tesla is likely to be a continuing story as the future unfolds beyond COVID.

So even if the Twitter handle is right, I am not sure it is a big deal.
The most significant part of the Twitter poster's missive was that deliveries were "locked". In the context of your comment, how are you interpreting "locked"? Since he/she refused to elaborate in any meaningful way, I judge it non-credible. How do you interpret something that makes no sense and the person who said it refuses to explain what he/she meant?

Anyone not leveraging their capital by selling puts and/or calls is just missing out on free money
This tells me nothing about your return on investment relative to other potential plays like buy shares and HODL or just LEAPS (and you probably should not post that sort of thing - not even which brokerage you use - publicly)*. If you started with $50,000 and made a million in 2 years, then good for you. If you have to have $20,000,000 account value to cover all those puts or calls you are selling, and they are particularly long-term** (long time till expiration??**) like LEAPS, and all you made over 6 years is 1.5 m, then that's not so impressive. I know that I'm not smart enough to manage puts; I just can't wrap my meat-based software system around that. I sold 2 puts long ago just as an exercise in learning. Learning enough to be comfortable doing a spread?? The wheel?? Fuhgeddaboudit, but at least I know that I don't understand it well enough not to mess with it at this point, and that I need to spend more time in Option Alpha and other tutorials.

I, on the other hand, think I have a good enough handle on, and know my ROI to safely manage LEAPS by buying cheap, far OTM, latest available expiring LEAPS and selling them to buy later expiring LEAPS every year or so, increasing my Delta (and number of contracts) each time, and especially, in my taxed account, by selling year-old (at least 366-day-old for long term cap gains (I'm in the US) that are at least a little positive return rate to avoid WASH tax (did I mention I'm in the US?) -selling year-old LEAPS during a major dip like we had a week ago, so my taxes are lower, and immediately buying cheaper, farther OTM LEAPS that expire 6 months to a year later than the ones I sold. Perhaps the Dunning Kruger effect has me duped, as I started my foray into LEAPS at just the best possible time (late 2019) after being nudged by a much appreciated post (I forget who's) -or two I saw here (I hope we keep allowing trading posts like @Lycanthrope and others' in this Investor's forum, as I'd not have known to look in The Wheel forum when I needed to.

*Careful now. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me. And the stakes are extremely high for many of you on this forum.

**what's the term for that - options that have more time till they expire than weeklies - but still aren't LEAPS? And what do we call a put that, like a LEAP, doesn't expire for a long time?? I call them "longer-expiring", or "later-expiring", but that sounds awkward.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I'm getting a new bumper sticker "Keep TSLA Weird"

Now $663
$663?!!??!? Must be a huge bumper sticker for that price, @obie_fl .
I want one too! 2 problems:
1. Need a bigger mooring, mine is only 2.50 m and the boat is 2.45.
2. Need a Tesla with towing package (Y).

Also might need power outlet by the bridge.
Time will solve these!
A good healthy running start would fix the first one, @Lessmog .

Last edited: