Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not actually sure they CAN announce a stock split that would involve issuing shares that are not authorized to be issued- what (surprisingly little) I've seen written on the topic suggests you can not legally have a split involving shares that aren't already authorized to be issued.

But I'd certainly be happy to see anyone with evidence otherwise present it.
Not Tesla but Nvidia announced their intention to do a stock split at their AGM, subject to shareholder approval. I could see Tesla doing something similar when the date for the AGM is announced including items up for vote, ie increase in shares for a stock split.

NVIDIA Announces Four-for-One Stock Split, Pending Stockholder Approval at Annual Meeting Set for June 3

This was on May 21 when Nvidia was trading just under $600, they've since shot up to well over $800.

So much for a record quarter. :rolleyes:
Moving along, I think I need more chairs, but I was advised to cool it for a lower price yesterday (thanks).
So how about now? Or is something new today happening?
I just bought more. Kind of a rage buy I guess. Or maybe it's a people are stupid and it makes me sad buy.

No I think it was a screw you MM and algo bots buy.
Yeah that's what it was.

For those that don't bother to look at other stocks in the same sectors, as Fred mentioned, both EVs and auto getting hammered toda, $TSLA doing better than most actually
View attachment 682235
Great, whenever a TSLA related sector is falling, you can bet TSLA will be affected!

Please note, above rule is only valid during a downward pressure. If a sector goes up, TSLA will jump to the next falling sector.

So I have almost replied to this tweet, but then I realized it is pointless. We all know Plainsite is not an honest actor, some white knight fighting for the truth corporations trying to hide, but FUD Factory central, a short seller with an agenda. But it is still interesting to see just how stupid they think people are and how they manipulate by omission. Not going to debate the validity of their data as I have no way to double check, but notice the other tweet referenced in their new post.
1625669536416.png

In the old tweet from 2019 they have obtained records for 2017 & 2018 for every manufacturer - that's how they have Tesla registration data as well - and they now say Tesla was actually down in 2020 compared to 2018. But this time they are not talking about other manufacturers and how they have done in comparison. I mean it's not like some major global event has set back car sales in 2020 for the entire industry, explaining a drop like that, right? While Tesla still managed to grow overall sales in 2020, that went along with a global expansion of Model 3 deliveries starting in February 2019, so it is entirely possible, that some specific markets were down in the year of the pandemic compared to two years ago. Not to mention 2018 was the start of volume Model 3 deliveries in California, with 2 years of pent-up demand.

And I haven't even started talking about how ridiculous 20 quality disputes are from 70-80k annual deliveries in the state, that's like 0.03%. Again, it would be awesome to know what is the percentage of such disputes for BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. Without that how do you know if this is a lot, or nothing at all?

Heavy volume...
For those that don't bother to look at other stocks in the same sectors, as Fred mentioned, both EVs and auto getting hammered toda, $TSLA doing better than most actually
View attachment 682235

Alrighty then... so let's crash the auto industry and take Tesla with it today?

Screw this, I'm buying more TSLA! (FYI, I did not set that price unless it was the quote generated automatically, just a happy coincidence I guess.)

1625669411306.png

How much was the Model X to purchase in Japan? I have a long held opinion it’s the cost.
106k USD for the LR, 136k USD for the Plaid. I think other Mercedes / BMW / Audis are more expensive, as Japanese dealers have very high costs with white glove services.
Mercedes GLE 300 d 4MATIC 87k
BMW xDrive35d 86k
Audi Q7 55 TFSI quattro 86k
These are the lowest grades without options, so typically, they fall between Tesla LR and Plaid.

For luxurious segments in Japan, Teslas still lack brand recognition and condo charging. Many millionaires live in condominiums in Tokyo without charging. Some celebrities started buying Teslas, who live in detached houses.

Not Tesla but Nvidia announced their intention to do a stock split at their AGM, subject to shareholder approval. I could see Tesla doing something similar when the date for the AGM is announced including items up for vote, ie increase in shares for a stock split.

NVIDIA Announces Four-for-One Stock Split, Pending Stockholder Approval at Annual Meeting Set for June 3

This was on May 21 when Nvidia was trading just under $600, they've since shot up to well over $800.
It actually would be as simple as a board approved (or not 😆) tweet. Stock split secured pending shareholder approval.

I just bought more. Kind of a rage buy I guess. Or maybe it's a people are stupid and it makes me sad buy.

No I think it was a screw you MM and algo bots buy.
Yeah that's what it was.
For me it was a F***-y** purchase. As if I got shot early in a western quickdraw, so I shot back anyway saying "Yuma..."

“ Ford clearly borrowed a few ideas from Tesla: panoramic fixed-glass roof, unconventional door handles, vertically oriented center display. While these highlights aren't particularly original, Ford managed to make the cabin design feel fresh without resorting to gimmicks or trying to pass off cost-cutting measures as innovation the way Tesla does. And unlike in, say, a Model Y, there's no learning curve for driving a Mach-E. The gear selector doesn't double as the cruise-control switch, like it does in Teslas. There's a simple instrument cluster in the driver's line of sight.”

I find it funny you find it amazing. You have at least driven and experienced a Tesla, right? Only the most stupidly stubborn (or plain stupid) wouldn’t be able to see how much better a Tesla is in every logical and illogical way to any other everyday car (and many special cars).

It might take a bit of time for a segment of the population to get out of their own way, but eventually their innate nature to follow the leader takes over. Do we really still not understand ourselves as individuals and as a whole?
I shouldn’t be amazed, but: Germany, no MY, VW T-Killer. I mean, this has to be super embarrassing for VW.

“ Ford clearly borrowed a few ideas from Tesla: panoramic fixed-glass roof, unconventional door handles, vertically oriented center display. While these highlights aren't particularly original, Ford managed to make the cabin design feel fresh without resorting to gimmicks or trying to pass off cost-cutting measures as innovation the way Tesla does. And unlike in, say, a Model Y, there's no learning curve for driving a Mach-E. The gear selector doesn't double as the cruise-control switch, like it does in Teslas. There's a simple instrument cluster in the driver's line of sight.”
"......and thank you to our sponsors."

Great, whenever a TSLA related sector is falling, you can bet TSLA will be affected!

Please note, above rule is only valid during a downward pressure. If a sector goes up, TSLA will jump to the next falling sector.
Yes, I often wonder if this is the case - yesterday in early trading the EV stocks were down and $TSLA with it, the EVs recovered, but the autos fell and $TSLA seemed to latch onto that trend instead. I wonder if this is an algobot configuration, "either/or" kind of thing