Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"......and thank you to our sponsors."

"And unlike in, say, a Model Y, there's no learning curve for driving a Mach-E"

Learning curve as in regen braking where you take your foot off the gas and the car slows down or too much tech that you can't figure out? Someone please explain this to me like i am 5 please.

Seems like MM's are pushing down before earnings announcement.
Should start to run when that is announced - I keep refreshing the Tesla IR page waiting to see it (along with refreshing this page constantly)

Question- is the announcement 2 weeks before earnings or 3 weeks?
I believe it is 2 weeks. Q2 2020 they announced 2 weeks before ER call.

Last year was held on July 22 with the date announced on July 8. If they continue the recent shift from Wednesday to Monday the earnings call could be on either the 19th or 26th, otherwise the 21st or 28th. The 19th feels a bit early so I'd say either of the latter dates. This would put an announcement as soon as tomorrow.

"And unlike in, say, a Model Y, there's no learning curve for driving a Mach-E"

Learning curve as in regen braking where you take your foot off the gas and the car slows down or too much tech that you can't figure out? Someone please explain this to me like i am 5 please.
The Tesla has an interface lacking all those convenient buttons and knobs. It’s kinda like when they came out with those phones that didn’t have buttons or a dial pad. Steep learning curve.

Oh wait…

I shouldn’t be amazed, but: Germany, no MY, VW T-Killer. I mean, this has to be super embarrassing for VW.
We’ll see if they’re embarrassed enough to do something about it. Not holding my breath.

Here’s the thing, though, Tesla is ‘German’ now. There will be Germans making Ys presumably before year end. The population can get behind that and claim support for a German automaker however accurate especially if they play a significant role in the European version of Model 2.

You just need to throw people a bone and they’ll find a way to rationalize virtually anything. The brilliance or outright luck in choosing Germany for the European Gigafactory can not be understated. Tesla is about to be able to claim the highly regarded ’German Engineering’ moniker. Yeah, VW is toast. 🤣

Should start to run when that is announced - I keep refreshing the Tesla IR page waiting to see it (along with refreshing this page constantly)

Whenever in doubt....always go with '2 weeks' 😊

Take it with a grain of salt but.....

1625673226154.png

Had the same thought yesterday.
For Q1, they announced on April 9th for April 26th Monday.

If we assume Monday as Conf date and 2 weeks lead - it looks like we will see announcement of Fri July 9th.

Yes, I often wonder if this is the case - yesterday in early trading the EV stocks were down and $TSLA with it, the EVs recovered, but the autos fell and $TSLA seemed to latch onto that trend instead. I wonder if this is an algobot configuration, "either/or" kind of thing
Seems that way.
The daft algobots can S.Elon's.C 😝

On a side note, I wonder how that AI fund is performing, the one which sold at the right times for profit and bought back into TSLA big recently

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I guess this is an alternative to adapters for opening up the Supercharger network:

I'm pretty excited about them opening it up to other EVs. They can charge a higher rate for non Teslas and use that cash to grow faster. Once the world is 100% EV, it'll be a huge source of steady earnings (especially if they reduce their costs by installing solar panels at the supercharger stations).

Some napkin math:
  • ~1.5 Billion cars worldwide now, let's assume 2 Billion EVs in 2040
  • Assuming 30% of them use superchargers twice a month
  • Assuming $10 per charge at 50% profit margin, that is $30 per quarter
  • = 18 Billion in earnings per quarter
That is 25x Q1's earnings, just for superchargers

I'm sure those numbers are way off, tons of assumptions there, but it seems promising

Take it with a grain of salt but.....

View attachment 682252
Not too much salt. I believe this person has a source that works at Tesla Shanghai. Likely a lower level associate.
Their predictions are usually very close but sometimes slighty off indicating that the source gets information periodically.
So I see it as a lower level associate who does not have direct access to information daily but gets information from secondary meetings or at the water cooler.

Not too much salt. I believe this person has a source that works at Tesla Shanghai. Likely a lower level associate.
Their predictions are usually very close but sometimes slighty off indicating that the source gets information periodically.
So I see it as a lower level associate who does not have direct access to information daily but gets information from secondary meetings or at the water cooler.
Let's all hope the water cooler info is relevant enough to warrant a green day :rolleyes:

I think CPCA numbers are coming out tomorrow, so they are just probably referencing that.