Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really stretching for the character count here when the only thing they can come up with to pad their article is an attempted dig at Tesla.

For those that dont want to click:

View attachment 682643
The Flying Spur Hybrid will be able to accelerate from 0 to 60mph in 4.1 seconds, according to Bentley. That’s slower than what Tesla claims for the Model S Plaid, which it says can go from 0-60 in 1.99 seconds, but that’s a feat that’s only feasible under very specific conditions.

Yeah, without those VERY SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, it's a snail-like 2.19 seconds....

Brooks literally did NOTHING special in this video. No cheetah, no warm-up, no launch control, SOC was ~80%. Simple mash the accel. BTW it's a short and worth watching video!

Last edited:

Is Tesla a Buy? Chamath Palihapitya answers, "Yes."

Bloomberg - July 5:

I recommend everyone watch this video. At least twice. Chamath is great, but the second time around just look at those subtitles. They're gold.

oh dear.png

My brokerage's news feed - 12 minutes ago:

Tesla Could Trade 'Well Beyond' $900 Price Target Says Morgan Stanley Analyst

2:55 pm ET July 8, 2021 (Benzinga)

Amid rising Chinese regulation concerns, the growing consensus is that Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) will face increased scrutiny in that market.

Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas said Thursday on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" that the firm has long expressed concern on the role of government policies, yet Morgan Stanley continues to recommend Tesla.

Tesla's success in China should not be the main reason investors own the stock, he said. Although there remains the opportunity for Tesla in China, Jonas is focused on the company's ability to increase the number of vehicle models it offers.

Tesla could increase its model lineup "from just four today to maybe 24 in the coming years," Jonas said, adding Tesla could address markets for vans, trucks, SUVs and fleets.

The Morgan Stanley analyst has a $900 price target on Tesla, but he told CNBC that as the company expands its model lineup and generates increasing recurring revenue from its software-as-a-service offering, the stock could trade "well beyond" the $900 price target.

Is Tesla a Buy? Chamath Palihapitya answers, "Yes."

Bloomberg - July 5:

If you ask Chamath if it's time to buy anything, the answer is always Yes. Especially his SPACs. You should always buy lots of those!

I like Chamath a fair amount but he's basically running an endless scam with all those SPACs and he's lucky the S Elon's C isn't a real government regulatory body or he would have been shut down a long time ago.

If you ask Chamath if it's time to buy anything, the answer is always Yes. Especially his SPACs. You should always buy lots of those!

I like Chamath a fair amount but he's basically running an endless scam with all those SPACs and he's lucky the S Elon's C isn't a real government regulatory body or he would have been shut down a long time ago.
Why do you refuse to allow me to view your TMC profile?

FUD really is at toxic levels these days....

1625772390393.png

Nice image. Nice headline. It's a dumpster-fire of an article that isn't worth the click that I used to get some RIDICULOUS quotes...

"Teslas are normal, which is fitting because the company behind them is itself normal — and by “normal” I mean evil — in all-too-familiar ways."

"Reports of Tesla’s abuse of both labor practices and its own workers have been around for a long time, but the company’s evil is now both familiar and a matter of routine. Musk forced his plant in Fremont to reopen mid-pandemic and got hundreds of workers infected with COVID-19 in the process. Now Protocol is reporting that same plant was a terrifying haven of open racism, with painted swastikas in the bathroom and one Black worker at the plant testifying that he had been called the N-word “approximately 100 times” at work, including by his own supervisor."

"The luster is off of Teslas now. They’re as common, and in some cases as damaging, as the vehicles they aspired to replace. Whatever innovative spirit the brand possesses is mostly illusory and propagated by Tesla fanboys, who are the least reliable gauges for what Tesla does now and what Tesla will become."

I don't share this stuff because it's worth the electrons it's captured with, it's just amazing how raging this FUD war is!

Last edited:
1) Assuming a Tesla primarily charging in a home garage: How much time spent per year at Supercharging stations?
2) Assuming an ICE car: How much time spent per year at gas stations?

BTW, it takes me longer than 5 minutes at a gas station. Much of this is due to my bank insisting that I pay inside the store, since my credit card data were once stolen from a gas station pump.
I use to visit these fine facilities every 5 days for a fill up. Living in the midwest means 1/4 of the year at or near freezing temp. If added up with optimum filling speed means I spent 6 hours filling gas. Probably could add another 6 hrs waiting in line since Costco is my usual spot.

Added bonus was my wife would leave me to fill her gas guzzler. When we got her new SUV I told her she had one choice of car- color choice of a Model Y. Unlike other times I showed her who is BOSS.

Love people’s arguments about road trips that’s done maybe couple time a year. I take the “full tank” every time.

View attachment 682670

Nice image. Nice headline. It's a dumpster-fire of an article that isn't worth click that I used to get some RIDICULOUS quotes...

"Teslas are normal, which is fitting because the company behind them is itself normal — and by “normal” I mean evil — in all-too-familiar ways."

"Reports of Tesla’s abuse of both labor practices and its own workers have been around for a long time, but the company’s evil is now both familiar and a matter of routine. Musk forced his plant in Fremont to reopen mid-pandemic and got hundreds of workers infected with COVID-19 in the process. Now Protocol is reporting that same plant was a terrifying haven of open racism, with painted swastikas in the bathroom and one Black worker at the plant testifying that he had been called the N-word “approximately 100 times” at work, including by his own supervisor."

"The luster is off of Teslas now. They’re as common, and in some cases as damaging, as the vehicles they aspired to replace. Whatever innovative spirit the brand possesses is mostly illusory and propagated by Tesla fanboys, who are the least reliable gauges for what Tesla does now and what Tesla will become."

I don't share this stuff because it's worth the electrons it's captured with, it's just amazing how raging this FUD war is!

This is an unfortunate article written by a well-known writer with a relatively large audience in the Bay Area. It illustrates how the disdain for Tesla is seeping into mainstream progressive thought, especially in the Bay Area which is in the midst of a new type of class war. Tesla is the IT possession for the "haves." Notice how the author didn't use any facts or data. He's spouting off opinion/commentary, which is his shtick, but unlike paid writers, he's doing it simply because he's been manipulated to think otherwise. In other words, the FUD works on some people.

My take on this morining is that hedgies are feeling threatened, vulnerable, and lashed out in the Pre-market. BTW, smallish volume so far for such a large move. I expect TSLA will open around its MA(200), then buying interest will take over.

Cheers!
A most excellent prediction! Thank you.

I use to visit these fine facilities every 5 days for a fill up. Living in the midwest means 1/4 of the year at or near freezing temp. If added up with optimum filling speed means I spent 6 hours filling gas. Probably could add another 6 hrs waiting in line since Costco is my usual spot.

Added bonus was my wife would leave me to fill her gas guzzler. When we got her new SUV I told her she had one choice of car- color choice of a Model Y. Unlike other times I showed her who is BOSS.

Love people’s arguments about road trips that’s done maybe couple time a year. I take the “full tank” every time.
My post was about how filling up at a gas station can usually be done in 5 minutes or less. That's it. At no point did I say I missed gas stations or that I didn't recognize the value of charging at home.

It is difficult to have rational discussions when people create strawmen and claim other posters are saying things they did not.

Reactions: nativewolf

View attachment 682670

Nice image. Nice headline. It's a dumpster-fire of an article that isn't worth click that I used to get some RIDICULOUS quotes...

I didn't click, but is the name of the "journalist" listed?

Yeah, without those VERY SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, it's a snail-like 2.19 seconds....

Brooks literally did NOTHING special in this video. No cheetah, no warm-up, no launch control, SOC was ~80%. Simple mash the accel. BTW it's a short and worth watching video!
Tesla should put a launch timer app in the Toy Box...