Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. The rates of change and tipping points are hard to get a handle on.

For example, Tesla and Elon are moving extremely quickly relative to what is a slow industry. Are they moving faster than regulators are typically capable of moving? Probably. But how much faster will the regulators move when their legacy automakers are in the midst of, ah, rapid unscheduled disruption?

"How did you [vintage automakers] go bankrupt? Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly."
Bastardized from Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
FTFY

A RUD is a RUD. ;)

Last edited:
DF51ADCF-C2E4-4012-8047-0CA5C6A8325E.jpeg

4680's production level cells is a big deal. Which car is getting them? If Elon mentions in the ER that they have production level cells we should get a nice bump. I am tempted about buying some Yolo's.

I'm hoping it's the Cybertruck and Tesla Semi.

Disrupting the pickup and semi markets is absolutely the quickest way to lower transportation emissions for a given kWh value of battery supply.

Hi all,

since we are still in weekend-OT mode: the GME folks are discussing of issuing NFTs as a dividend to expose how many "fraudulent" shares are out there. I know Overstock did issue a crypto dividend aimed at doing the same - with mixed results.

I still like the idea of issuing a dividend, that's of very limited cash-value but not easy to "fake". What do you think of issuing a token that allows for 1 mile (or half a mile) of Supercharging for each share? I don't believe the TSLA insiders would really care, for big funds it's probably not a useful benefit but many retail investors own cars and might find it a useful dividend (without costing Tesla too much). So in my mind this wouldn't prevent short-selling (big funds might not care about super charger miles), but it would limit the shenanigans involving retails shareholders.

Thoughts?

tl;dr: What do you think of TSLA issuing a crypto dividend that's worth 1 mile of supercharging per share?

Hi all,

since we are still in weekend-OT mode: the GME folks are discussing of issuing NFTs as a dividend to expose how many "fraudulent" shares are out there. I know Overstock did issue a crypto dividend aimed at doing the same - with mixed results.

I still like the idea of issuing a dividend, that's of very limited cash-value but not easy to "fake". What do you think of issuing a token that allows for 1 mile (or half a mile) of Supercharging for each share? I don't believe the TSLA insiders would really care, for big funds it's probably not a useful benefit but many retail investors own cars and might find it a useful dividend (without costing Tesla too much). So in my mind this wouldn't prevent short-selling (big funds might not care about super charger miles), but it would limit the shenanigans involving retails shareholders.

Thoughts?

tl;dr: What do you think of TSLA issuing a crypto dividend that's worth 1 mile of supercharging per share?
Sounds like a good way to expose these folks' activity shenanigans behind the curtain. Why not?

Even better if it could be accomplished in such a way that it costs Shorty something, i.e.: they have to pony up some amount for each synthetic share they control. Every time the dividend is exercised. Maybe twice a month or so? 😏

Even if it were $0.0001/share the accounting burden would be a thorn in the side for them.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good way to expose these folks' activity behind the curtain. Why not?

Even better if it could be accomplished in such a way that it costs Shorty something, i.e.: they have to pony up some amount for each synthetic share they control. Every time the dividend is exercised. Maybe twice a month or so? 😏
Well the whole point would be that it is something that money can't buy but doesn't cost Tesla much. I mean, I do trust my broker (ha!ha!) - but it would be great to be issued with a token that I can enter on Tesla.com and which would confirm that I indeed have real shares. If I get then credited a mile (or given the number of outstanding shares probably a fraction of a mile) with an option to use them myself or donate them to Tesla (or any other Tesla user) - I guess it would compel quite a few people do check for themselves...

Well the whole point would be that it is something that money can't buy but doesn't cost Tesla much. I mean, I do trust my broker (ha!ha!) - but it would be great to be issued with a token that I can enter on Tesla.com and which would confirm that I indeed have real shares. If I get then credited a mile (or given the number of outstanding shares probably a fraction of a mile) with an option to use them myself or donate them to Tesla (or any other Tesla user) - I guess it would compel quite a few people do check for themselves...
If the mechanism could produce a clear view of the number and owners of synthetic shares, I'd be tickled to see that data revealed.

and now it has swung back to "that's definitely not a 4680 pack". It's kind of interesting that in the last 24 hours the speculation went from "it's a 4680 pack" to "that's not a 4680 pack" to "it's definitely a 4680 pack" to "it's definitely not a 4680 pack". There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.

It’s like an episode of Vera, where you have to work out which character is telling porkies to make all the puzzle pieces fit.

Either Bill Wright is wrong, or TheMightyFuji is wrong.

FAC4040D-3252-47BD-8047-3CF5B438679B.jpeg

It’s like an episode of Vera, where you have to work out which character is telling porkies to make all the puzzle pieces fit.

Either Bill Wright is wrong, or TheMightyFuji is wrong.

View attachment 683540
Bill is pretty sure about 4680s in a battery pack that he worked on. May or may not be this picture with all the signature and it really doesn't matter. What matters is 4680 is ready for prime time.

Bill is pretty sure about 4680s in a battery pack that he worked on. May or may not be this picture with all the signature and it really doesn't matter. What matters is 4680 is ready for prime time.

I’m def ready to get excited about 4680. I can’t see Austin and Berlin being ready to ramp, then jamming on the brakes with “now where are those 4680 packs?”. That would be nuts.

Even TheMightyFuji’s last words in that screenshot are “The 4680 packs look nothing like this”. Good to know. When we do see a 4680 pack we‘ll recognise it by its unrecognisability.