Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the first Tesla today at a new service/delivery center in Boise, Idaho. it's a Model Y surprise for the wife's bday this weekend. She barely knows what a Tesla is, or that the company has secured our early retirement so I'm hoping it doesn't shock her into a catatonic state when I reveal both in a few days. Though I've followed the company religiously since first buying the stock 3.5 years ago, I'd never sat in a tesla until today and just trusted the experiences of many longtime Tesla owners on this board that it would be a good thing. All I can say after driving one is it's a sh*&load of fun but it's also just the next logical car for everyone to have that brings driving into the 21st century. Thanks for the umpteenth time to this community for all the valuable information over the years, thanks to Elon, and thanks to all Tesla employees.

Picked up the first Tesla today at a new service/delivery center in Boise, Idaho. it's a Model Y surprise for the wife's bday this weekend. She barely knows what a Tesla is, or that the company has secured our early retirement so I'm hoping it doesn't shock her into a catatonic state when I reveal both in a few days. Though I've followed the company religiously since first buying the stock 3.5 years ago, I'd never sat in a tesla until today and just trusted the experiences of many longtime Tesla owners on this board that it would be a good thing. All I can say after driving one is it's a sh*&load of fun but it's also just the next logical car for everyone to have that brings driving into the 21st century. Thanks for the umpteenth time to this community for all the valuable information over the years, thanks to Elon, and thanks to all Tesla employees.
Holy crap, congrats to you and your wife, let us know how it goes!

Congrats!

Could you please, post in MY Delivery Times your dates as well as if you got the Bioweapon Defense Air Filter? Any other upgrades?
July has been very quiet in terms of MY deliveries. Thanks.

I've no idea why anyone listens to these people reporting any negative unproven garbage that comes along.

The May Chinese 50% drop in orders, the use of damaged cells in model 3, the 'muddy field of China', the car parks full of undelivered cars etc etc. yet every new piece of trash from them is picked up and ran with by every news agency.
To be fair, you have people on both camps speaking unproven "garbage". I'm still waiting for the stock split and the 4680 batteries which are in the model S plaids. Or did we all forget about that :p

Volume today was nearly 40% lower than the average. How does the entire market in a coordinated fashion shrug off an ER this quickly? In theory when you get a huge dump of information, opinions should change. I'm puzzled by the mechanics of it.
The only thing I can think of is, anyone who wants to be in TSLA already is. We got some new retail traders interested but the big funds already have their shares. They aren't buying more. Hence the low volume. It's the only way I can explain it. Hedge funds will gobble any dip sub 600, but not buy anything in the 600's.

So basically buy the dip and accumulate. Second half of the year will send us up if Q3 is better than Q2 (It should be with model S in the mix) Berlin and Austin open up and better 4680 news. I'm thinking December is where we'll really shine.

Did they try to tie their earnings beat to EV's? No, I didn't think so
Ford Earnings came from something called Other Income. Ford had an Operating Loss in Q2 but this "Other Income" got them profits.
I am sure it is all on the up and up - nothing shady like regulatory credits. 😉

1627525386548.png

Ford Earnings came from something called Other Income. Ford had an Operating Loss in Q2 but this "Other Income" got them profits.
I am sure it is all on the up and up - nothing shady like regulatory credits. 😉

View attachment 689395
Damn....Farley and Levine must have conspired to buy $BTC at the lows! 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

I STILL ain't sat in one. But I got enough money from investing in TSLA for just the last 20 months to make me quit worrying about my retirement (which I was in before I put money in TSLA).
I am trying very hard to wait on my Cyber(nota)truck. Now, at 65 I am starting to empathize with young people trying to remain virgins till their wedding night. It gets "harder" the "longer" it goes.

Didn't they got like $900mil from Rivian investment? sorry I only glance so I have no good facts on this.
I think the Rivian gain was in Q1 but they have not published their 10Q for Q2 - so no info in Other Income yet.
Maybe they booked more "unrealized" Rivian gains in Q2.
Crazy how Telsa can't book unrealized Bitcoin gains but Ford can book unrealized Rivian gains on their investment.

Last edited:
To be fair, you have people on both camps speaking unproven "garbage". I'm still waiting for the stock split and the 4680 batteries which are in the model S plaids. Or did we all forget about that :p
AFIK 4680's were supposed to be in the plaid+ which got cancelled.

I dont think I've heard any official statement on a stock split yet other than perhaps by Elon on twitter. TBH I dont really see the relevance of a stock split to anything.

I was in the mood for some fast-food this afternoon, so I went out for some Yogen Fruz. Ended up buying a Tesla Model Y instead...

Model Y.Order Confirmed.2021-07-28.masked.jpg

Pearl White, LR AWD, 19", Tow package, 7-seater, FSD. (std w. 'bioweapons defense mode' HEPA filter, no radar, 530 km rge). About $82K CAD for est'd November delivery (get in line now, folks).

BTW, the full-vision FSD package performed spectacularly on the highway portion of my test drive, and (at least for now here in Canada) FSD costs the equiv. of only $8,880 USD ($10,600 CAD).

Model Y.Exterior.masked.jpg

Spectacular Motor, can not wait! Will pay all cash; selling zero TSLA shares to fund this. :cool: :

Cheers!

P.S. I ran every day this month except on my birthday. Looking forward to many years (decades?) of spectacular hiking trips in our fantastic National Parks across N. America (I have a park passport). FSD is going to see a lot of miles with this Motor, as will the SuC v3 network.

V. happy. :D

I was in the mood for some fast-food this afternoon, so I went out for some Yogen Fruz. Ended up buying a Tesla Model Y instead...

View attachment 689412

Pearl White, LR AWD, 19", Tow package, 7-seater, FSD. (std w. 'bioweapons defense mode' HEPA filter, no radar, 530 km rge). About $82K CAD for est'd November delivery (get in line now, folks).

BTW, the full-vision FSD package performed spectacularly on the highway portion of my test drive, and (at least for now here in Canada) FSD costs the equiv. of only $8,880 USD ($10,600 CAD).

View attachment 689415

Spectacular Motor, can not wait! Will pay all cash; selling zero TSLA shares to fund this. :cool: :

Cheers!

P.S. I ran every day this month except on my birthday. Looking forward to many years (decades?) of spectacular hiking trips in our fantastic National Parks across N. America (I have a park passport). FSD is going to see a lot of miles with this Motor, as will the SuC v3 network.

Ooh I didn’t realize you were a monolith. I mean, not that there’s anything wrong with that. I just.. I didn’t know

Anyway, congratulations on your new sweet ride!

View attachment 689412

View attachment 689415

Cheers!

Seriously happy for you. We just sold our beloved 3 year old Model 3, and now have empty nest syndrome while waiting for the next month or so to pass while our Model Y gets built. Such AMAZING times ahead for all of us! :p:cool: