Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could believe a complete body in white, but a complete car with suspension, motor, seats, steering wheel, screens, etc? I find that really hard to believe. Maybe they could bring over everything but BIW from Fremont and assemble a car in Austin, but hard to believe they have a mostly functioning assembly line working.
Have you forgotten the sprung stucture ('tent') general assembly line creation speed (out of spare parts)?

Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill that could broaden US EV market finalized, set for Senate vote this week
Only 2,700 pages of light reading. Let me get right on that.

So much for the market's tepid reaction to Tesla's quarterly results that everyone was bemoaning last week. Write this sentence three times on the blackboard: "Short term SP moves may have nothing to do with changes in business or financial fundamentals."

Or, to quote someone wise and good-looking from last week...

5078277.jpg

Loving the price action but can we go one week without it being blatantly obvious based on the weekly call expiration where the stock will be tried to held down???

Tractor beam right back to 720 every time it tries to break higher. I hope there's some surprise news later this week that's blows up the MM's this week. Never in all my investing years have I see a stock's trading be so consistently obvious where a stock get's pinned to on a weekly basis based on the options.
I believe that TSLA is the ticker with the largest associated options market on North American exchanges by volume. It is heavily dominated by options trading for this reason. So it's something we just have to put up with, so to speak.

StreetInsider - 1.5 hours ago: KGI Securities Starts Tesla (TSLA) at Outperform

Excerpt:

KGI Securities analyst Jennifer Liang initiates coverage on Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) with an Outperform rating and $855 price target, suggesting 24% upside.

The analyst commented, "Tesla will continue to stay ahead of the pack in the midterm; opportunities thrive for those with unique business models and strong competitiveness. We expect Tesla to maintain its leading position in the global EV space for at least the next 3-5 years...

These Chinese/etc cars are perfectly licencable in the EU with very few tweaks required. Most of them would fit in the L6 category, some in the M category. Depending on which category the regulations vary. Motorway access will depend on which category, that was one reason why the original Smart design changed so much between concept and launch. Good examples of the higher end of this range are the Fiat 500, the Toyota Aygo (aka Citroën C1 and Peugeot 107/108), or for that matter the SmartForTwo, all of which have everything you are suggesting are absent. Just watch the Chinese improve their product designs to comparable levels, the pace of change is very fast indeed.

Plus, you can use them as golf carts!

/s

Teslarati - today: Tesla mobile app redesign previews new UI and integrated Tesla Shop access

Excerpt:

With the redesigned mobile app, Tesla is essentially giving electric car owners easy access to available software and hardware upgrades for their vehicles. This could prove strategic, as purchasing add-ons for vehicles would become far more convenient. The fact that the new Tesla App seems to highlight specific accessories for an owner’s car model makes purchasing relevant items from the Tesla Shop easy as well.

Be grateful for the life you have. Help others who ask for the help, it turn they will be grateful and will help others. But don’t waste a second of your limited time on those whose purpose is to remain stubbornly ignorant, or to propagate misinformation, lies, or other evilness.

Could not agree more.

A podcaster that I regularly listen to made a statement last week "if you find yourself complaining about things more than 2-3 times a day, get your head checked, because it's probably you". People don't seem to understand how much of their own happiness and fulfilment is in their own control. Not letting those that stubbornly refuse to accept that reality from sucking your own finite energy is a big part of that.

Only 2,700 pages of light reading. Let me get right on that.

Grab the Tequila. Easy.

Perhaps I have an unreasonably high standard because, in 47 years of driving, I have never had a chargeable accident.
I am amazing that that is still true for me after 60 years.
My Progressive contact told me a couple years ago that Tesla cars were much less likely to cause an accident, and less likely to be in an accident than were 'other cars'. She did say that repair costs for Tesla were comparable to other predominately aluminum cars. Prior to her work as a claims adjuster she had worked with actuaries so appeared to know much more about it than did typical insurance company employees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could believe a complete body in white, but a complete car with suspension, motor, seats, steering wheel, screens, etc? I find that really hard to believe. Maybe they could bring over everything but BIW from Fremont and assemble a car in Austin, but hard to believe they have a mostly functioning assembly line working.

My thoughts as well. I can see that the stamping facility is ready, That was the 1st area of factory enclosed.

Is process the following:
Stamp body panels
Makes front and rear casts
Attach panels to casts
Paint
General Assembly including structural pack and motors.

I forget have we seen front casts made yet?
Is equipment/lines in place to attach panels to casts?
Is paint shop enclosed enough to eliminate contamination.
Assume structural pack and batteries created in Fremont.
General Assembly area seems so wide open we would have video of equipment.

Although it still makes me nervous to see so much of the factory open to the elements and all the dust/dirt floating around. I would think they would want to get pavement poured to minimize contamination in casting areas to keep dust/dirt down.

Reactions: UncaNed
These Chinese/etc cars are perfectly licencable in the EU with very few tweaks required. Most of them would fit in the L6 category, some in the M category. Depending on which category the regulations vary. Motorway access will depend on which category, that was one reason why the original Smart design changed so much between concept and launch. Good examples of the higher end of this range are the Fiat 500, the Toyota Aygo (aka Citroën C1 and Peugeot 107/108), or for that matter the SmartForTwo, all of which have everything you are suggesting are absent. Just watch the Chinese improve their product designs to comparable levels, the pace of change is very fast indeed.

Sigh, there is no real market in Europe for the kind of EV I'm saying should have it's own category and, if you could buy them in Europe, they would cost nearly twice as much and still wouldn't compete with what people think of as a car. We don't include electric motorcycles either because they serve a different market.

Now if you want to argue that this style car is going to get airbags, crash test ratings and compete with cars as we know them, be my guest. I don't see that happening, at least not to any significant degree.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Guy in Norway got drunk, then became unconscious while driving down the highway. Another motorist captured video of him sleeping on the steer wheel while the car was in motion. (Click on Twitter link below). Lucky for him he was driving a Tesla. The Tesla slowed down then safely pulled over and stopped. Police arrested him.

Hope this story gets wide publication (I can dream...) to raise awareness of Tesla safety features even for non-Tesla owners.

In the future Autopilot should take breath samples (or brain scans or something) when this happen, then drive them directly to the nearest police station instead of stopping on the highway.

[Tesla Model with internal cabin camera]: "Say, your eyes look bloodshot and your reaction times are off, I'm afraid I'll have to lock out manual control and chauffer you home."

The hotdog maker doesn't care if the jumbo outsells the skinnies. It's the same hoofs, ears and lips going into the grinder.
A skewed Y/3 demand would be very ideal. It would allow the new factories to scale structural battery manufacturing, and any other novelties, on just the Y, then apply the lessons learned to the 3. Otherwise, you would be ramping new technology on two models simultaneously and have to optimize both lines.

The day's volume started off so promising...........The plus side is this is clearly not "THE" liftoff we're all expecting and waiting on. This merely some nibbling.

Which explains some odd behavior in the Calls I have that are spread out over many dates and strike prices. Over 50% of them did not have nearly the jump I would have expected with the rise earlier in the morning.

If I had to guess....someone(fund/investing bank/etc...) just initiated a position or added to their position in a big way this morning, but that most of Wall St continues to sit on the sidelines

Last edited: