Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There hasn’t been any indication that the LFP cells in the Made in China 3 SR or Y SR are prismatic, has there? I thought CATL was already supplying cylindrical LFP cells to Tesla and I’m not sure why that would change.
I think there was an indication that they were prismatic and it may be that CATL doesn't currently make cylindrical cells?

Even if CATL don't currently make cylindrical cells, they will be capable of doing that.

• Helpful
Reactions: CorneliusXX
Is the joke here that its impossible to drive a Lucid Air? :p

I have little doubt there will be a few hundred Lucid Air's out in the wild over the next several months. They need to do that to complete another successful capital raise. If they don't do that, they die. I think there might be 20 of them out there already (in the hands of employees).

It's amazing what one can do with $1.3 billion dollars of investor money. 😉 But that's not what defines a good investment opportunity. I would love it if Lucid could succeed but I just don't see the business case. They started a decade too late. Timing is not all you need when it comes to love, war and disrupting huge established industries. But it is one essential ingredient. I'm not sure Lucid has even that.

People under-estimate what Tesla has already done and therefore they think others can do it too. So far, none have. I have similar feelings about Rivian.

I hope I'm wrong about both of them. But as an investor, I don't like the odds.

I would be interested to see if Tesla can make a structural battery pack with prismatic cells, if anyone can do it .....
Of course they could. But why would they want to? The cells themselves wouldn't contribute anything to the structure. A structural battery with prismatic cells would just be a structural cell holder because the whole premise of a prismatic cell is it doesn't have any structure to the container - it's just a flexible bag allowing the contents to swell and shrink.

• Disagree
Reactions: transpondster
I have little doubt there will be a few hundred Lucid Air's out in the wild over the next several months. They need to do that to complete another successful capital raise. If they don't do that, they die. I think there might be 20 of them out there already (in the hands of employees).

It's amazing what one can do with $1.3 billion dollars of investor money. 😉 But that's not what defines a good investment opportunity. I would love it if Lucid could succeed but I just don't see the business case. They started a decade too late. Timing is not all you need when it comes to love, war and disrupting huge established industries. But it is one essential ingredient. I'm not sure Lucid has even that.

People under-estimate what Tesla has already done and therefore they think others can do it too. So far, none have. I have similar feelings about Rivian.

I hope I'm wrong about both of them. But as an investor, I don't like the odds.
Lucid and Rivian are much better funded than Tesla initially started. Lucid probably already burn thru the initial $1.3bln. After the latest merger they have more than $4bln war chest. Rivian already had total of more than $10bln in funding. Tesla should get more credit than these 2 companies.

They jumped out to a nice lead in the first quarter, but almost let it all slip away. But they held on for the win. This 6 game winning streak is the longest streak of the season so far. Hopefully they can build upon it. Need another 2 wins in a row to get back to 0.500 for the season.

Today
Score:710.92
Margin of W/L:1.18
Attendance:17,002,647
High - Low:15.97
Season
Record:73-75
Total margin of wins:1,345.92
Total margin of losses:-1,340.67
YTD gain/loss:5.250.74%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:7-3
Streak:W6
Avg margin of victory:18.44
Avg margin of defeat:-17.88
Avg Attendance:23,013,344
Avg Attendance of Last 10:21,637,197
Avg High - Low:33.00
Avg H - L of Last 10:22.08

Last edited:
President Biden,

I am writing in reference to upcoming White House event related to new limits on greenhouse gas auto emissions and new electric vehicle sales targets; specifically I’m writing to express my concerns that Tesla Motors was not included.

I believe it is important that I make the following disclosures: I am a retired member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and a fervent follower of the Association for Union Democracy. I am a third generation union member, but more than this, I am an American, I believe in the sanctity of elections.

If free elections and self-determination are the thunderclap of democracy, innovation and ingenuity are the lightning bolts of American character. As a union member I believe in the value of good living wages, I believe in fair elections, I believe in the right to self-determination. Americans ought to have the right to join labor unions; and the right to choose not to.

I am convinced that Tesla Motors was excluded from this event, because they were not part of the United Auto Worker’s political coalition.

I am afraid sir that you have left out the lightning. I hope that you can find a way to embrace good old fashioned American ingenuity.

Indeed President Biden, climate change mandates that we bring our best and brightest to the fight.

Best regards,

Jack Leonard

Elon liked a post about new battery lines in Nevada and Japan. Batteries secured.
3D9295E7-3F97-4999-BFB9-9AB23098D326.jpeg

President Biden,

I am writing in reference to upcoming White House event related to new limits on greenhouse gas auto emissions and new electric vehicle sales targets; specifically I’m writing to express my concerns that Tesla Motors was not included.

I believe it is important that I make the following disclosures: I am a retired member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and a fervent follower of the Association for Union Democracy. I am a third generation union member, but more than this, I am an American, I believe in the sanctity of elections.

If free elections and self-determination are the thunderclap of democracy, innovation and ingenuity are the lightning bolts of American character. As a union member I believe in the value of good living wages, I believe in fair elections, I believe in the right to self-determination. Americans ought to have the right to join labor unions; and the right to choose not to.

I am convinced that Tesla Motors was excluded from this event, because they were not part of the United Auto Worker’s political coalition.

I am afraid sir that you have left out the lightning. I hope that you can find a way to embrace good old fashioned American ingenuity.

Indeed President Biden, climate change mandates that we bring our best and brightest to the fight.

Best regards,

Jack Leonard
Thank you for this, @Jackl1956 - it is brilliantly written and much appreciated. It is too bad this couldn’t be shown to every Tesla owner in the next few days as you could probably add about 1,000,000 signatures to your open letter.

Lucid and Rivian are much better funded than Tesla initially started. Lucid probably already burn thru the initial $1.3bln. After the latest merger they have more than $4bln war chest. Rivian already had total of more than $10bln in funding. Tesla should get more credit than these 2 companies.

I think being funded too generously is actually a disadvantage because it has a tendency to develop a wasteful, less-efficient corporate culture at the most critical part of a company's growth stage. It takes more than generous funding to succeed!

I thought Biden had been giving the Lightning lots of publicity lately! 🤪

/s

President Biden,

Best regards,

Jack Leonard
I'm thinking the meeting had much to do about funding and "solutions" to slow things down (possibly threatening with the risk of bankruptcy and massive unemployment), but I doubt legacy would attend with Tesla present. Meanwhile, I would think the White House already spoke with Tesla on maybe National SuperChargers or Energy Storage. In the end it all depends who's on board in congress, which is why I don't expect any new EV handouts for Tesla... somehow. Sadly, I think this country is still deeply hooked on gasoline, and the change follows the S curve.

I like Emmet. He and Dave have good chemistry and insight. But wtf man.

No. No it couldn't.

Why not? The hardest part of that series of thoughts sounds like a robot being able to open or close the door. I dont think he actually meant drive using the steering wheel. But a tesla driving around and then a robot getting our of the car closing the drivers side door, opening the back door/truck, grabbing a package and then dropping it off and getting back in the car and driving away honestly doesn't sound all the far fetched at this point. With the exception of opening and closing a door its all pretty much stuff that we have all seen as separate things. Hell if its a model x and using the falcoln wing doors or using the hatchback auto open close its almost kinda a missed opportunity if they don't do that.

edit: The most unlikely part of a service like that existing after robotaxis come out is amazon paying tesla for delivery services really.