Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH, this Tesla snub thing is probably going to end up being a net positive.
I agree on this one: The UAW loving folks won't care. TSLAQ has one talking point less. However, moderates, independents and conservatives who care about free markets will hopefully agree that Tesla not being part of the this political dog & pony show was a positive.

Politics is so polarised, so toxic and so contentious right now that NOT being affiliated either way is really a huge benefit.

There are corrupt politicians on both sides, and Biden is certainly one of them unfortunately. He's been wheeling and dealing in politics for 900 years. This super-polarized environment we are in has made the burden of proof for corruption absurdly high if they share the same party as you. Biden was the special interest choice in the primaries for a reason.
Most respectfully, I quit clapping for Tinkerbell to live at age 7. Politics sits at the top of the human pyramid of endeavor, and there will forever be a fight to claim the right to the seat. No, we can't all just get along, and do the one right thing together. Inexplicably, most of you have failed to vote me to be Emperor of the world.

That is exactly what I said. You cannot purchase a Tesla at a Tesla store in Texas. This is about paperwork. There is nothing that indicates where the physical item being purchased is located.

Yes, the employees of Tesla cannot discuss the sale, prices, or anything related to the sale of a car. All they can do is answer questions about the vehicle and tell you to go to the website. That is Texas law.
TRANSPORTATION​
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES​
MOTOR VEHICLE DISTRIBUTION​
ADVERTISING​
RULE §215.261​
Manufacturer/Distributor Sales and Wholesale Prices​

A motor vehicle shall not be advertised for sale in any manner that creates the impression that it is being offered for sale by the manufacturer or distributor of the motor vehicle. An advertisement shall not:
(1) contain terms such as "factory sale," "fleet prices," "wholesale prices," "factory approved," "factory sponsored," "manufacturer sale," or "distributor sale";

(2) use a manufacturer's/distributor's name or abbreviation in any manner calculated or likely to create an impression that the motor vehicle is being offered for sale by the manufacturer or distributor; or

(3) use any other similar terms which indicate sales other than retail sales from the dealer.

The "Dealership license" in states that don't have laws preventing manufacturers owning dealerships are what allow a customer to make their purchase at that physical location. In Texas, a manufacturer is prevented from having their own dealership. So, the customer must conduct the purchase elsewhere. Again, this is exactly what was in the original post.

Great, a "rumor" about shipping out of state and back in that has no basis in any particular statute. I don't think that is all that convincing, except maybe for FUDsters.

If what you believe is accurate, then, how are people in Texas buying Tesla cars now?

What specific statute is it that will result in Tesla needing to ship vehicles manufactured in Texas out of state, then ship them back in to a customer?

If you disagree, show me the legal reference that supports your belief.
OT and already been discussed speculated to death @Right_Said_Fred @AudubonB

You just described corruption.
to sway someone’s opinion with donations.
Yesterday, we saw exactly the effects of it. Politicians talk about the biggest donators even if they are not the strongest agent of change. Failure to acknowledge some company because it doesn’t bribes you is part of the problem.

I don’t know what to think anymore, after listening to yesterday’s Biden’s speech while Trump invited Musk to the American made concertation table. Elon did not stay for long because of the anti Arabic immigration bills Trump passed after but at least he made the effort to invite on the of the greatest manufacturer Americans had since Henry Ford.

there is a probably a good word for that so everybody agrees, establishment.
Political donations are not inherently bribery. They are an aspect of free speech, although I strongly disagree with our Supreme Court decision "Citizens United" case which perverted the practice.

Political donations are not inherently bribery. They are an aspect of free speech, although I strongly disagree with our Supreme Court decision "Citizens United" case which perverted the practice.
I guess you are right.

At the end of the day is just how politics works like Rob Mauer said

I just consider it bribery when one of my colleagues cashes a $100k check in the hospital research funds to sway the hospital to use their implants for years to come.

Did you know what a Tesla was 5 years ago and what it was capable of? Most people didn't. Most probably still don't. I'm not thrilled with the current plan but it goes in the right direction. The previous administration would be proposing legislation to promote coal fueled cars. And nothing has been passed yet, just proposed. EVs being promoted, promotes people to investigate the best technology and that is Tesla. This administration is not anti-science. In the end we win. We all win.
Indeed that is the main issue, and it is also wishful thinking we'd get as decisive/ intelligent a POTUS as JFK, or just an as well educated and unselfish one as Jimmy Carter. [Edit - on further reflexion, fairness - mods let me know if you'd rather I delete all POTUS related words]: Also Reagan on decisiveness - recalling he did go against his military advisors and got the USSR to eventually implode, so ending the cold war.

Other folks have pointed out the best one can do is buy a Tesla* and demo it for friends. It has indeed been my experience in NYC that maybe one of 10 Tesla owners really knows about its tech advances. Most buy it either for prestige, because a friend had one, or because they want the most secure car ( Subarus are second best re security apparently).

(*) I actually ordered a Model Y last July 26th - even tho i haven't sold my excellent but little used Mercedes CLK350 and don't really need a car - it did help move the SP - hah ha

TESLA.MY.order.rs640.55K.jpg

Attachments

• TESLA.MY.order.anon2.55K.jpg
    TESLA.MY.order.anon2.55K.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Most respectfully, I quit clapping for Tinkerbell to live at age 7. Politics sits at the top of the human pyramid of endeavor, and there will forever be a fight to claim the right to the seat. No, we can't all just get along, and do the one right thing together. Inexplicably, most of you have failed to vote me to be Emperor of the world.

Emperors aren't voted though, they are chosen by strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords

Just blocked bunch of people here. If it's not immediately actionable investment content, it does not belong here. Especially the back'n'forth without end.

THIS IS NOT A POLITICS THREAD. TAKE IT TO FACEBOOK.

Further be aware, those who chose to reply to politics troll-bait comments will be blocked along with the originating commenter.

#MODS

I think Tesla Daily expressed my views yesterday well. The event was not to encourage Tesla. Tesla doesnt need to commit to cut emissions or move to electric vehicles and it is true we cant ignore the politics of the situation. California is not a swing state, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania all are and those UAW workers will vote and not just POTUS, but Congress and Senate. We need them to stay Democratic or swing to Democratic more then we need Tesla to get the tax credits back. The future of the Republic is at stake.

Results from poll:

When will TSLA break $900?
August 2021 Votes: 7 5.0%
September 2021 Votes: 12 8.5%
October 2021 Votes: 26 18.4%
November 2021 Votes: 19 13.5%
December 2021 Votes: 19 13.5%
January 2022 Votes: 25 17.7%
Post January 2022 Votes: 33 23.4%

Over 75% of folk think that TSLA will breakout before 31st Jan.

Most of us were too conservative the last time around so...

Seems like very low volume in Pre-Market. The push down is on pretty low dumps of shares.

Macros tanked at 08:30 ET: (doubtless on some economic news headline)

QQQ.2021-08-06.08-30.MacroDip.png

TSLA followed shortly thereafter:

TSLA.2021-08-06.08-30.MacroDip.png

All "Big-Tech" is down; only companies with a moat or a FED account are up:

Components of the S&P 500​

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
1Apple Inc.AAPL6.151914
down.gif
-0.69(-0.47%)
2Microsoft CorporationMSFT5.815102
down.gif
-0.87(-0.30%)