Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A propos Bosch, they have played foul in the recent past. Article from May 2019.

Article is a bit light on the details...

Bosch got asked to develop the device that can cheat for "testing purposes".. So you could activate & deactivate it via software. On delivery they told the manufacturers: You must not enable it, or you will break the law. The manufacturers did anyway.

In Germany you can only get liability on the individual if you can prove that this individual was responsible. And all the engineers got papers covering their asses that they were told (and underwritten!) by management that they should implement it.. :)

Still awful .. but being in Boschs shoes: .. "Well.. would be sad if VW would order these control units in China, wouldn't it?"-kind of situation..

Thats why they only got a small fine.

This is why I believe that regenerative agriculture is the next big problem to solve. I believe the potential for carbon capture in the soil holds the best possibility for our future survival. I just paid to have a local professor of soil biology come speak to a group about how to implement this. It was enlightening.

To keep this on topic, I would love to see Tesla or Elon take this on!
Elon still has the price for best (working!) carbon-capture outstanding iirc...

Whoo baby, look at that SP action right now. Clear attempt by the MM's to push it down at the end of the day but it's showing some resistance!

Can the MM's keep it below 720 to close? Stay tuned for more fast-paced action.
And it's broken the 720 barrier! But will it maintain it to Close??

This further confirms my belief that all short sellers of Tesla are doing so solely because they don't like Elon and nothing at all to do with an objective view of Tesla's business.
Well, take a look at how many four-letter (etc.) words Mr Block uses vs those in Mr Musk’s tweets….with whom would YOU rather entrust your moneys?

When something is in short supply, it needs to be rationed. It's the way it's rationed that's of interest here.
So I think you're missing the mark. We all know COVID brought on a shortage of chips but I don't think Elon would have called two suppliers out by name unless he thought it could affect the dynamic of how chips are rationed going forward. There would be no point in it.
There's no evidence that they are some how sticking it to Tesla while supplying everyone else. Tesla broke records in production and also guided for even more production 2H while companies like Ford saw production cut in half due to shortages. So I don't see how Tesla is a victim of bad faith (or why there are speculations of such scenario).

Yet another Tesla competitive advantage that people are only starting to skim the surface of.

The Tesla charging experience stands in stark contrast to other EV charging stations. This is an example of Elon's 4d chess. Understanding what the customer would need and having the testicular fortitude to build it years in advance, adding substantial value to each sold product, as well as adding substantial progress to the mission.

Innovation meets execution.
Oh, man. I am going to steal that bit.

I don’t believe I saw referenced here earlier today the NYTimes’s article on - surprise! - hydrogen-as-a-fuel being far dirtier “than had been supposed”.

Supposed by just whom?

Link: For Many, Hydrogen Is the Fuel of the Future. New Research Raises Doubts.
... and this must be what explains the government awarding Nikola $2M for Hydrogen fuel development. 🤷‍♂️

Darned good closing action with volume DOUBLE that of yesterday 🤣
That last half hour was very promising. Rising SP on rising volume throughout the last half hour. FOMO, or is there some news coming????

Edit: I sold a couple of CCs right at the close, playing the expectation that the MMs will work hard to bring the SP down for options expiration tomorrow. Which means the SP is sure to 🚀 tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
The price action this afternoon was encouraging, but I'm going to refrain from getting too excited until we really start busting out of this range.

Volume was higher at 17M today (that's good), but still below average. (And that average has been dropping lately). I would expect MMs to drop the price to the desired target tomorrow short of any news.