Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Achieving performance comparable to the 2020 Tesla Roadster is impressive, and kudos to them for being first to preproduction. But at 10x the price it is hardly mindblowing.
I do think that Mate Rimac does deserve a bit more credit.

The Roadster 2020 is not produced yet. When it will be, we can see what it is all about. For now, it is a concept.

Rimac had started with BMW EV conversions not that long ago. In less than 10 years his company just ate Bugatti for lunch. This is not a small feat.
His factory in Croatia is nothing to sneeze at either.

All has been done is small European country right after their Independence War.

It's the weekend, so please forgive me for something just a bit off-topic. Babcock Ranch, Florida is billed as America's first solar powered town. Not so much from rooftops, but a huge solar array just north of the town. Every home garage comes standard with a 240-volt electrical connection for charging an EV. If this is the way homebuilders are headed, Tesla should be a huge beneficiary.

PBS NewsHour - 4 months ago:

Last edited:
Not Tesla related but showing off the incompentacy of Elons' competition. Malfunction potentially from Florida's moisture..even the Aliens from Signs who can be killed with water was okay with Earth's moisture.

Valves are valves. Possible SpaceX buys them from someone. It would behoove SpaceX to make sure similar scenarios do not occur on Dragon.

It's the weekend, so please forgive me for something just a bit off-topic. Babcock Ranch, Florida is billed as America's first solar powered town. Not so much from rooftops, but a huge solar array just north of the town. Every home garage comes standard with a 240-volt electrical connection for charging an EV. If this is the way homebuilders are headed, Tesla should be a huge beneficiary.

Forgive the even more OT response.

I know it’s a Tesla investor forum. But spelled backwards it’s ALSET.

ALSET E-homes builds sustainable living communities and is publicly traded; every home comes with a Tesla in the garage as well as 240v charging capability and dedicated solar farms/ battery storage.

ALSET (AEI) is Currently being destroyed by shorts in the public markets in spite of having more cash on hand than their market value.

AEI is my second largest sustainability focused position and I’m curious if someone here could provide some insight on why they’re so beaten up right now.

Apologies again; if directed to do so I will delete this post or move it to a more appropriate thread. The reason I posted it here is that companies like these are required to move our world toward sustainability. Wall Street does not want to be disrupted. I believe those in this forum feel otherwise.

Best-in-Tesla does a quick description of ALSET starting at 14:45.

Last edited:

ALSET E-homes builds sustainable living communities and is publicly traded; every home comes with a Tesla in the garage as well as 240v charging capability and dedicated solar farms/ battery storage.

ALSET (AEI) is Currently being destroyed by shorts in the public markets in spite of having more cash on hand than their market value.

AEI is my second largest environmentally facing position and I’m curious if someone here could provide some insight on why they’re so beaten up right now.

Apologies again; if directed to do so I will delete this post or move it to a more appropriate thread. The reason I posted it here is that companies like these are required to move our world toward sustainability. Wall Street does not want to be disrupted. I believe those in this forum feel otherwise.

Best-in-Tesla does a quick description of ALSET starting at 14:45.

Both these posts are more on topic than the children-behind-the-wheel discussion.

I do think that Mate Rimac does deserve a bit more credit.

The Roadster 2020 is not produced yet. When it will be, we can see what it is all about. For now, it is a concept.

Rimac had started with BMW EV conversions not that long ago. In less than 10 years his company just ate Bugatti for lunch. This is not a small feat.
His factory in Croatia is nothing to sneeze at either.
Seriously, those trying to downplay this achievement are being ridiculous. If Tesla had built this same vehicle you'd all be freaking out about how amazing it is. Don't be the ugly Tesla fans. At the same time I was figuring out how to convert my 6 wheeler and Fiero to electric Mate was on the DIYElectric car forums figuring out how to convert his BMW. In the same time that I've done a few more tractor conversions he's built supercars and a game changing company.

Seriously, those trying to downplay this achievement are being ridiculous. If Tesla had built this same vehicle you'd all be freaking out about how amazing it is. Don't be the ugly Tesla fans. At the same time I was figuring out how to convert my 6 wheeler and Fiero to electric Mate was on the DIYElectric car forums figuring out how to convert his BMW. In the same time that I've done a few more tractor conversions he's built supercars and a game changing company.

It's under-appreciated how everything that went into that car was purpose-made. No compromises. No shortcuts.

That's the kind of mindset the big automakers will never have. For them it'll be incremental changes and substitutions til they go busto.

My initial reaction was the same. Illegal act, fine him now. On reflection I changed my mind. That girl will be a leader, able to nonchalantly say to her friends “oh I’ve been driving since I was five, nothing to it”.

There is a danger from pushing a pram on a footpath that is no less.

There is a danger from raising timid children, susceptible to be cajoled into trying various drugs by peer pressure.

I speak as one who has taught 7yr olds to sail. Also as one whose parter has two sons, both without a drivers licence through fear. Giving children confidence to handle the world is a great gift.

I don’t expect this comment to pass without a few thumbs down. That’s life.
My father said he would teach me to drive once I managed to start the family farm tractor, an elderly Allis-Chalmers that had to be hand cranked. He was certain his six year old son could not start that beast, but I did it! My father kept his word, so I learned to drive the 1950 Ford, keeping to empty areas.
I would do the same for child who proved they could deal with Tesla as well as that young lady did.
Of course, it's illegal in many places. I would NEVER let any young person loose with a Plaid, NEVER. a child is anybody who's thrilled with speed. By that definition perhaps I should not drive mine. o_O

AEI is my second largest sustainability focused position and I’m curious if someone here could provide some insight on why they’re so beaten up right now.
Sounded interesting until about 14 minutes or so in. There is a red flag in that they somehow using the housing development power in some sort of Bitcoin mining scheme. Red flag. Just sell the power similar to what Tesla plans to do. I wouldn’t go near it personally.

Shorts live to destroy companies. Any company that looks a bit weak (e.g. any new company) allows them to short and pocket the profits down to zero. It didn't work with Tesla but it almost worked with Solar City. This is a problem with the SEC and trading rules that protect Wall Street rather than the investor. The shorts are just taking advantage of non-regulations.

At the Mt Kisco, NY Service Center today. My wife was test driving the Model Y.
I saw 6 parties taking test drives and all for the Model Y. The place was busy.
2 Model S Plaids were ready for delivery and going out this weekend.
My wife ordered the Model Y LR and expected delivery is January. . . . . .#nodemand ;)
1628976957266.png

Sounded interesting until about 14 minutes or so in. There is a red flag in that they somehow using the housing development power in some sort of Bitcoin mining scheme. Red flag. Just sell the power similar to what Tesla plans to do. I wouldn’t go near it personally.
It’s a small position relative to my other holdings ~1%. And I just bought some shares last week when they completed a private funding round and the price dropped from $6 to $1.80.

I’m certainly no Bitcoin bull; but I do see some benefit of using surplus clean energy storage to mine Bitcoin.

Here in California the fat cats that profiteer from our public utility (pg&e) have negotiated to buy back surplus energy for pennies on the dollar. To my simple mind; it makes more sense to use that energy for crypto mining.

But I will certainly take your advice under consideration…after all; that is why I posted it here- to seek input. Thanks.