Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking out loud…

Grimes and Karpathy are posting robo dog pics, day before AI day.

Dave Lee has been talking about Tesla needing a “last 100m” delivery solution.

A rumoured AI day surprise. (Tweeted by the first guy to tweet pic of the invite).

A fleet of noiseless robotaxis planned that has a ready market of people to move for most of the day, but which has nothing to do during the small hours.

An online shopping sector going gangbusters and which will ramp again if deliveries become cheaper and more reliable. (There’s no such thing as free delivery, the cost is merely averaged and moved into the markup).

A quadruped makes sense, unlikely to stumble on ramps, gutters, stairs, and able to jump in the back of an EV. Also cute enough to be non threatening. (noted how Grimes played on the cute factor)

I think Dave is right. We just need a little imagination to see how robodog will pull the parcel from the vehicle and secure it on his back.

Looking forward to the presentation tomorrow.
Bonus points for ticking off Bezos: deliver Amazon packages with Tesla AI. After they are transported to the warehouse on a Tesla Semi.

We know who's in bed with Ford and GM:

1629331898592.png

1629331874901.png

Attachments

• 1629331852505.png
    1629331852505.png
    331 KB · Views: 55
I'm sorry to keep posting these CNBC screenshots, but they keep getting better and better....

View attachment 698378

Confound it! Damn you Elon!

Oh Lora, won’t she just give up?
She’s gotta be paid by the legacy makers right? It’s nonstop with her.

Love the part where she details about the rare coin collector who ordered the plaid but now willing to get the mercedes EQS instead….

Not even in the same league.

This popped up on my YouTube feed:

I enjoyed many of her other videos, but in this video, she seems to affirm that hydrogen fuel cells could be a viable alternate clean transportation solution. She mentions at the beginning that the series was sponsored by Toyota. It seems as if she were really interested in the merits of “hydrogen vs battery electric cars” from a physics point of view, she would have critically examined Elon’s analysis of the two and maybe without Toyota’s sponsorship. She is widely viewed with 2.0 million subscribers.

I’m not calling on anyone to comment on her YouTube video page, but if you do, please keep it polite and civil.

Last edited:
This popped up on my YouTube feed:

I enjoyed many of her other videos, but in this video, she seems to affirm that hydrogen fuel cells could be a viable alternate clean transportation solution. She mentions at the beginning that the series was sponsored by Toyota. It seems as if she were really interested in the merits of “hydrogen vs battery electric cars” from a physics point of view, she would have critically examined Elon’s analysis of the two and maybe without Toyota’s sponsorship. She is widely viewed with 2.0 million subscribers.

I’m not calling on anyone to comment on her YouTube video page, but if you do, please keep it polite and civil.
I've been following her for several years, love her cute youtube physics videos she does, but she just cut ties with her PBS sponsor last year. Then she starts making these with Toyota....gotta get the money from somewhere.....really disappointed with her.

They can make all the hydrogen cars they want, but they will not go 0-60 in under 4 seconds, won't be nearly as low maintenance, you can't fuel them at home, and if people thought range anxiety was a problem with EVs, hydrogen cars will have range paranoia. No one is going to buy them, but go ahead and knock yourself out Toyota et al because it just allows Tesla to sell even more cars (and subscriptions).