Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all their advertising dollars, they could easily squelch the publicity if they wanted. They don’t want, which is why you’re hearing so much about it.
I thought that was what I said. 🤷‍♂️

Sure, they could play it on the down low, but no, issue a warning here, another fire photo there, people will be stampeding into the ICE showroom. The smell of fear and money wafting across the sales manager's desk.

Which, in their heart of hearts, is what they really want because it is all they know how to do.

This is B_A_F, right?

Reactions: Queeg500
View attachment 710317

Investing aside, I am so glad that companies like Tesla are out there pushing every boundary simultaneously.

Performance
Value
Safety

Looking at GMs list of what you can or cannot do, I admittedly would be jumping back into an ICE vehicle were it the only EV.
Has a Chevy Bolt ever been driven farther than 259 miles in one go? Seems like a silly warning 😉

(WTVO) — Gov. JB Pritzker signed Illinois' clean energy law on Wednesday, which includes a $4,000 rebate for residents to buy an electric vehicle (EV). Gov. JB Pritzker said his goal is to have a million EVs on the road by 2030, and the state is offering one of the highest rebates in the nation.

Good news my CyberTruck became $4000 cheaper! Couldn‘t find if there is an income limitation. Whatever still a big win for everyone looking to get into EVs.

It looks like this was HB 3506
Goes into effect Jan 2022 thru Dec 2026
Does not appear to have an income limit, only that you cannot roll any credit (if any) forward to future years

I have a strong viewpoint of the Max-pain being of little concern for the SP on the close Friday. Only because the creep upwards has been so so beautiful to watch.
So what really do the other aspects of "Triple witching" seem to indicate. Completely disregard Max-pain. What is know about the other stuff?

No call wall of any significance below 800? The Open Interest call walls at 750, 760, 770 and 780 add up to the same height (80k) as the giant put wall at 700 (as of end of day yesterday). Doesn't the area under the curve matter as much as the height?

Also, today's volume chart shows an 80k call wall at 760. Won't much of that show up on the Open Interest chart tomorrow?

I'm new at this, so you tell me.

At the risk of upsetting the max pain police, obviously we need to see the update in the morning.....

I don't see us getting pushed back to $750, so if we're gonna move forward.... I was just thinking there's not much of a wall til you hit $780.

Any way we slice it, movement tomorrow will depend on volume. Crazy low like today and maybe we do get pushed back to $750. But I think avg volume(~20M) means the MM's have to let it drift up to $780. And I think we'll see a good volume day tomorrow.

Just guessing obviously!

Chamath is rather optimistic on every single thing he invests in. He’s your classic “Talking your book” investor. If you add up all his prognostications about how much annual revenue of all the “future industries” he invests in, the total becomes several times larger than the entire global economy. maybe he’s including future alien or multidimensional customers or something, or maybe sentiment AI TESLABOTS are gonna have a hankering for consumer items as well.
Elon said on AI day that maybe there isn’t really a limit to the economy. I tend to agree.
If you look at a chart of GDP over the last century; I suspect nobody would’ve thought that we would be where we are now.

The current trajectory of the curve; it’s pretty steep. Disruptive technology and innovation unlock new value in the economy.

Chamath is definitely smarter than I look!
66EC9529-4CDC-447C-80AE-4CFD964C5A0F.jpeg

Last edited:
@FireMedic is the new avatar the ZGI from I4?

Sure is. I ordered 10. One for all the space lovers in my family.

I think they’ll make great Christmas presents, and certainly benefits a worthy cause.

I'm smelling a big day tomorrow.

Incoming Zen: (for the general investing Public)

Stepping back, there are two TSLAs: the one before the Model 3 ramp hit the Income Statement, and the TSLA we know today.

If you got in anytime before Oct 24, 2019, congratulations. If you didn't, what are you waiting for? This "car-ride" will last at least until 2030. After that, it'll be the "TeslaBot-ride" for 10+ more yrs.

To the Moon? Inspiration4 is just the start. Just wait until Inspiration 2040! :D

sc.TSLA.Rge.2019-10-23.to.Present.Model3ramp.png

Cheers, and GLTA!
Lodger

Last edited:
oh boy
Sizeable improvement in unprotected left turns, although still a long way to go.

Anyone remember Truman show?
How great would it be if Tesla had a fake intersection of this kind somewhere, with a bunch of drivers (or remote cars) that are all on AEB.
You could do this over and over and ... somehow in between let the mothership learn on the data ...

I dunno - I just feel there is something still missing here - maybe it's hardware resolution, cpu power .... I just hope this gets better soon - clearly not ready for public rollout - maybe with avoidance planner to route around such difficult manouvers