Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

TL;DR: "Wedbush analyst Dan Ives. Ives, a Tesla bull, believes the company’s delivery numbers could grow by as much as 300,000 vehicles in the next year, as the company focuses on meeting the one million vehicle delivery mark this year."

[Sigh] : Bears

Last edited:
View attachment 710684
Over 7.2M shares traded at the closing cross. Nice
Wow.. ~28 million volume day. And that was a mini gamma squeeze at the end. The 750 and the 755 call sellers got smoked, with a few of my 755s in there (no regrets). Who's ready for next week?

All the more impressive given the macros.

I think for all the Fridays we blame MM for manipulating Tesla down, today is probably one of those days where they helped. The macro environment is absolutely abysmal today. If today was a typical day, it would have been an easy -3 to 5% kind of day.

Also good thing the Vix did not hit 21 at the close. I am nervous about next week actually.

Reactions: phantasms
I've been thinking about this "reverse" capability coming in 10.1. Seems like there's some risk. The car inches forward to see, but is hesitant. The driver is able to use the accelerator to convince the car to go when it might not. The driver might accelerate heavily after the car peeks out to clear on coming traffic quickly. What if this scenario develops at the same time that FSD decides to back up in reverse?
I think Tesla AI would need to also agree to proceed in order to continue under human direction. Similar to when it prevents someone from driving off an embankment (which happend and Tesla stopped the car). However, there's not much time, so reverse could be important.

If the human does go for it, I'd say it puts the vehicle in a defensive mode and stopping from crossing traffic would be one option, same with accelerating faster than the human who just screwed up.

The main reasons for 520 miles is so you can drive the more scenic (or shorter) routes, or not have to go out of your way if a Supercharger location is out of service

Isn't Lucid planning to have a fast charging network? I think the 520 mile range is because they will be able to call it a "Coast-to-Coast" fast charging network with only 5 charge stations. 🤪

On the FSD Button, I'm going to stare at the road and be a great co-pilot for max points. Next, speed matters through intersections. Something like this:

Win:
1,000 points - FSD Early Adopter (experience matters)
500 points - Taking over to avoiding an accident.
100 points - Stopping at a crosswalk with someone standing there but not on the road yet.
5 points - Allowing it to change all 6 lanes of the freeway on it's own.
1 point - Stop without pressing brakes.

Lose:
10 points - Hands on wheel warning.
100 points - Eyes on road warning (we'll see)
500 points - Use of phone not hands-free.
1000 points - Accelerate/speed towards a yellow/red traffic light

Revoked - Drunk and hits an emergency vehicle... Not a good candidate!

Great week. Hope this keeps up. Next few months are going to be very exciting. Congrats to those who bought leaps few weeks ago.
I think Jan 2023 1500s are even cheaper now than a few weeks ago. They are worth less than 25% of what they were in April. For buyers of LEAPS, might be worth looking into. I'm waiting to sell them, but not until they are at least double what they are now.

Are we really back to calling people who mention poor service 'crybabies'? This is embarrassing. It is WAY too early to be smug about Teslas long term build quality. I own a 2015 model S. An amazing car, but with terrible panel gaps, the fancy powered door-handles broke and needed replacing (under warranty), the glue on the chargepoint door would melt in the sun and stick the door closed, the rear headlights still fill up with water even after tesla fixed it.
The car became almost unusable until i upgraded the screen at my own expense. The brakes have squeaked constantly since it got new (referral wheels).

Tesla customer service in my experience has been erratic, contradictory, and sometimes dreadful. They keep replying to me every few weeks (but only after I complain loudly) assuring me they are 'looking into' whether I should be compensated the cost of an emmc replacement after I paid about $3000 for a new screen to fix the teslas-fault bad component on manufacture.

I love my car, and will get a model Y. I have seven figures of tesla stock and love the company, but to be honest, their customer service is awful. We dont know how well built the cars are yet, because frankly most of them are new. The left scroll wheel on my steering wheel started intermittently failing yesterday. What state will the car be in another 5 years?

When we have 10 year old model 3s, and Ys that are still flawless, yup by all means be smug, but to brush all customer service concerns aside and call anybody with any criticisms of the company as a 'crybaby' is a disservice to a forum that is supposed to be for investors, not fanboys.

Oh and BTW still in 2021 all UK Teslas web browsers think we are in the Netherlands. People have complained hundreds of times, they still cannot be bothered to fix that.

Are we really back to calling people who mention poor service 'crybabies'? This is embarrassing. It is WAY too early to be smug about Teslas long term build quality. I own a 2015 model S. An amazing car, but with terrible panel gaps, the fancy powered door-handles broke and needed replacing (under warranty), the glue on the chargepoint door would melt in the sun and stick the door closed, the rear headlights still fill up with water even after tesla fixed it.
The car became almost unusable until i upgraded the screen at my own expense. The brakes have squeaked constantly since it got new (referral wheels).

Tesla customer service in my experience has been erratic, contradictory, and sometimes dreadful. They keep replying to me every few weeks (but only after I complain loudly) assuring me they are 'looking into' whether I should be compensated the cost of an emmc replacement after I paid about $3000 for a new screen to fix the teslas-fault bad component on manufacture.

I love my car, and will get a model Y. I have seven figures of tesla stock and love the company, but to be honest, their customer service is awful. We dont know how well built the cars are yet, because frankly most of them are new. The left scroll wheel on my steering wheel started intermittently failing yesterday. What state will the car be in another 5 years?

When we have 10 year old model 3s, and Ys that are still flawless, yup by all means be smug, but to brush all customer service concerns aside and call anybody with any criticisms of the company as a 'crybaby' is a disservice to a forum that is supposed to be for investors, not fanboys.

Oh and BTW still in 2021 all UK Teslas web browsers think we are in the Netherlands. People have complained hundreds of times, they still cannot be bothered to fix that.
So are you going to bathe in your anecdote and sell like Neroden or....is there a point to any of this in the investor forum?

I'm not saying Tesla build quality is perfect, or their service is perfect. I'm saying they are within industry standard if you zoom out from the anecdotal view and look at the big picture.

Interesting. My 2015 Model S was still absolutely perfect/flawless when I sold it 4 years later for the Raven.

Are you filtering the data you use? That point (min payout) sounds like Max Pain which is still at $700. A $750 close looks like an additional $390 million in payouts (non-hedged).
View attachment 710454
As you allude to, the main problem with max pain is that market makers DO hedge their positions and anything deep-in-the-money on either side is very likely to be mostly if not fully hedged. They are more likely to take on risk in the vicinity of current prices because small moves are far more realistically achievable. It's one reason something like a delta-payout analysis within a weighted window of the current price may be a better predictor than looking for the global peak.