Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget about the lack of electricity either. We had low winds for a few weeks and one of the main interconnects to Europe blew up.
Loads of wind power in Scotland, but interconnects to English "National Grid" maxed out

Oh and loads of our energy suppliers are/going bust, so moved to much higher priced rivals. talk of going from 70 to 10 suppliers in a few months

Tesla solar/powerwall looking more tempting, and therefore EV/Teslas

You might be thinking, "why don't the Brits convert their cars to run on gas like the Americans?"

Unfortunately, we have a current shortage of gas too. Just a few Brexit teething issues. Nothing to see here.
Lol! I think you might be getting your gases mixed up! Joking aside, I used to run my cars on gas, LPG to be precise, back in the day. Always wondered why it didn't catch on more, it was just over half price fueling and gave out less noxious stuff than Petrol or Diesel. My V8 Audi's ran great on it, just a little power loss but not so you'd notice with a bigger engine. Sorry, realised this is off topic!

TSLA trading up at a multiple relative to US Tech macros in the early Pre-market:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,333.75 +15.00 (+0.10%)
As of 5:26AM EDT. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Sep 27, 2021 05:37 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$777.08 +2.69 (+0.35%)
Pre-Market Volume49,869
Pre-Market High$777.79 (04:02:27 AM)
Pre-Market Low$774 (04:00:00 AM)

Cheers!

8A62C5BE-EABB-4BF7-9E41-F45B4C1932AA.jpeg

The master of soft pressure is at work. Here (imo) he puts the USA on notice…
Without Tesla success, America will have not a single top ten player in the new energy game.

TSLA is a $700B market cap blue chip which is a top 10 holding in the S&P 500. It's not some bupkis meme stonk with market cap under $10 billion. WSB can't move TSLA and they are welcome to try for the memes. Even KoGuan Leo and his 1.2 million shares purchase had no obvious effect, what will a few WSB YOLO'ers buying calls possibly do?

If TSLA wants to go up, it will go up. WSB will have nothing at all to do with it.
Good to have WSB on our side against short sellers.

Also, lot of smart people among them 😂
41870CEB-F936-41FA-BB86-6E9C03C52482.jpeg

View attachment 714832

The master of soft pressure is at work. Here (imo) he puts the USA on notice…
Without Tesla success, America will have not a single top ten player in the new energy game.
Yes, if he had said "transportation" the obvious counter would be "we don't need, or want, transportation."

Edit: So the lesson for me is a key to soft is avoiding trigger words, or maybe words that people fully understand, or words that have have baggage. Vocabulary size is helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
The headwinds on FSD are strong. Very strong. Almost hurricane force. Everyone - media, Tesla haters, politicians, Biden admin are united to stop Tesla now. I have never seen a united front against one entity like this. Ever. The confrontation between Musk and NTSB chair will not end in Tesla's favor. This will have a huge, as much as 20%, short term downside impact on Tesla.

Media scumbag queen Lora is now the darling for all Tesla haters.

Blumenthal also lied about his military service. He’s a sleaze.

Chuck Cook - unprotected left turn - has advised some improvements with 10.1.
Gali - monorail test - has advised some improvements with 10.1.

Neither are close to perfect but they are close to being solved problems with a long tail of steady improvements over the next few months.

Any more impossible problems that need to be addressed before we get onto the march of 9's?

It still wont matter.

No matter what you can point to the 70000 a year deaths from human drivers in USA, and Tesla will implement this in other countries, and do so safely.

What will it look like when Canada, Europe etc have it but USA dont?

It does feel like Tesla is now in a race to prove that FSD improves safety. I think the Safety Score will be a large part of this; not only can Tesla point to improvements in public safety when FSD is running, but they can also say "our fleet of FSD beta testers started with a Safety Score median of X, and as a result of our incentives they've increased their scores Y%, which will directly lead to Z fewer collisions per year on America's roads."

Also, the most infuriating part of Blumenthal's tweet is the "untrained drivers" part. Is he aware that Waymo is literally putting driverless vehicles on the road in Arizona? I trust FSD beta with an attentive person behind the wheel more than a LIDAR discoball that can't drive in areas it hasn't premapped.

This might be plausible… if only the way I am driving this week to secure beta access even remotely resembled how I actually drive. I got the Performance model fer cryin’ out loud! How many points can you lose if you max out “aggressive turning”?!?

I don't want to sound smug, but I continue to be happier with EAP. Not only have I saved money, I LIKE driving fast in the city! I like AP for highway driving and sitting in urban traffic (works great doing the accelerator and brakes in a long line of traffic).

Sure, FSD would be great if I want to go for a drink, am sleepy, or had vision problems, but otherwise I'm in no rush to give up city driving, especially if I'm being judged for how much I beat slow cars at lights, pass dumb drivers puttering in the left of two lanes, etc.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have to disagree with Hiro. Mathematicians and many other math aware people have very good intuition of exponential growth. For those who can only comprehend linear growth, behold, the logarithm.
Same here...I'd probably be too stressed to deal with FSD at this stage. I'm perfectly happy with highway AP. I also dont' like to use the auto lane change feature either and just keep it simple!

Reactions: navguy12
Today I came to the realization that Tesla is making watching Football so much less enjoyable.
I used to see a car commercial and wonder/dream how I would be if I owned that car... Tesla doesn't advertise so it is even worse.
I agree...but for some reason I love the new car smirk all the actors driving the car have.

• Funny
Reactions: lafrisbee