Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

52k sold in Sept...............would be huge if true and seeing how it's the last day of the month, I would assume it's accurate. This guy was off last month when he predicted sales a week before the end of the month, but later corrected it on the last day of the month, which was spot on I believe.

One European wrote of not knowing what PBS was.
An answer quickly arrived.
So WHY am I reading a dozen or more personal opinions about CPB, NPR, PBS, Kermit, Miss Piggy and Horseradish Cranberry Sauce ?

End. Now.
But...but...but...it's Kermit.

Dan

Mod edit: You know who: Yeah, and he's green. But so are MY POSTS!

52k sold in Sept...............would be huge if true and seeing how it's the last day of the month, I would assume it's accurate. This guy was off last month when he predicted sales a week before the end of the month, but later corrected it on the last day of the month, which was spot on I believe.
1633018317448.png

FYI that time stamp is one minute past midnight on October 1st in Shanghai, so after the quarter ended.

Below is commentary this morning from Craig Johnson, the chief market technician at Piper Sandler.

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $781.31); Shares have broken out from a multi-month descending triangle/surpassed resistance near $763; recent bullish crossover between the 10-/30- week WMAs; RS has bounced back into positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking; add to positions, a retest of the ‘21 highs near $883 appears likely.

If this turns out true or even close wow does that blow a huge hole in the Bear thesis. They wont be able to say China sales are dying. Or they say this is only because they exported all the cars in July and August. Well then they need to then say that Bulls were wrong when they said that exports in July and August were because of no demand in China, while we were saying it is to deliver in other countries before quarter end. What will they say now?

Reactions: jkirkwood001
If this turns out true or even close wow does that blow a huge hole in the Bear thesis. They wont be able to say China sales are dying. Or they say this is only because they exported all the cars in July and August. Well then they need to then say that Bulls were wrong when they said that exports in July and August were because of no demand in China, while we were saying it is to deliver in other countries before quarter end. What will they say now?
Luxembourg sales were down last Thursday.

They will say that Elon is just using these amazing profit and delivery numbers; quarter after quarter to distract us from the busted growth story in a remote village in Eastern Ethiopia where sales numbers were only up by 25%

Well, he had darned well better be close to correct because if not, throwing out those data can be just as damaging to The Mission as releasing bearish nonsense.

Thus: if his release is close, then well and good. But for now and all future quarters he gets only ONE shot at being grossly wrong and then ALL further reports from him are data non grata on this platform - and everyone is deputized to report to me if any such appear in this thread, thence to be summarily expunged.

Well, he had darned well better be close to correct because if not, throwing out those data can be just as damaging to The Mission as releasing bearish nonsense.

Thus: if his release is close, then well and good. But for now and all future quarters he gets only ONE shot at being grossly wrong and then ALL further reports from him are data non grata on this platform - and everyone is deputized to report to me if any such appear in this thread, thence to be summarily expunged.

Didn’t appreciate how chummy GoJo appeared with this person on Twitter. Makes me suspicious, as we know overestimation is a recent favorite strategy of his.

Hey.....at least you know true price appetite is at $795+!

I'm a bit surprised at the lowish volume so far today. About avg, but I was expecting some share hoarding to start.

Looked like we did early in with a couple 200k+ chomps, but no other such big buyers gave shown up since. Just small ones that Ken Griffin has happily satisfied.

I'm still holding 1(ONE!) spite call @$800 for this week. Hoping to be knocking on $799 by 9:41am tomorrow.

FYI that time stamp is one minute past midnight on October 1st in Shanghai, so after the quarter ended.

Tesla doesn't work that way. The quarter ends world-wide for the entire company at midnight Pacific Time on the last day of the quarter.

It's October 1st on a calendar in Shanghai right now, but it's still Q3 for Tesla China for about 14 more hours... That's 3 p.m. local time in Shanghai, enough 'work-day' time for lots more local deliveries.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I don't get the 100% liquidation though. That seems quite jerkish even if you can 10x somewhere else.

Elon keeps stating hes first in, last out. I imagine this would stoke his motivation even further.

I consider this a short by Chamath even though it technically isn't - especially with all the pumping he did at the start of the year.
All institutional investors are pump & dump "strategists" - just to a varying degrees. Nothing wrong in buying and selling whenever they believe it has reached a high water mark, but what is scummy is dumping in the background while at the same time pumping it in public.

I would not be shocked if Cathy and Ron do the same if and when they decide to sell. It is in the institutional investors genes, not too dissimilar from Shorts constantly creating FUD and spreading lies and trying to sabotage the company.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Helpful
Reactions: Criscmt and PeterJA
Tesla doesn't work that way. The quarter ends world-wide for the entire company at midnight Pacific Time on the last day of the quarter.

It's October 1st on a calendar in Shanghai right now, but it's still Q3 for Tesla China for about 14 more hours... That's about 3 p.m. local time in Shanghai.

Cheers
Maybe financially, but stores arent opening delivering vehicles.

Ford CEO Jim Farley: “I love driving my Mach-E, but I’m not giving up my ‘73 Bronco or my Mustang 5.0-liter coupe but, you know, if I have a third vehicle in the household, it’s probably going to be a Mach-E!”

"Ok consumers. It's a nice car, just not as nice as a gas car."

I think this highlights legacy auto's problem in transitioning. Farley can't tell people to ditch their ICE cars, because they can't (and don't want to) make enough EVs. So they want to keep these as distinct market segments.

You know, they just don't make '73 Broncos like they used to. Why, Jim?