Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that closely watch other stocks (I don't), do any other stocks behave this way, where they are so significantly manipulated?

Both the main indices (NASDAQ-100 and S&P 500) sold off at the end of the day today. Tesla was capped during the day, as we expected from Options open interest data.

TSLA.chart.2021-09-30.16-00.png

For the week, TSLA was up 4% while both major indices finished down at -3% for a gain of +7% vs other major publicly-traded companies:

TSLA.5-Day.2021-10-01.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
I've responded to these types of posts before (nothing bad about your post, just the general sentiment that you conveyed) and I'll just remind people, there's a huge difference in stock action and perception between a company posting earnings that take it's P/E from like 1,200 to 650 (Q1 earnings) or 650 to 375 (Q2 earnings) compared to earnings taken the P/E down from 400 to 200 (Q3 earnings) and from 200 to sub-100( Q4 earnings).
Can you tell inexperienced me what is the difference?

Still holding on to 10/8, 10/15 780, 800 calls ... lotto ..get rich or die tryin calls :) will convert to leaps if things play out my way

The decision to export from China was the best decision of this quarter and am counting on a blow out because of it.

Best of luck, cheers!!

(+Treasury down, BTC up ... so some hope on macros too...)

Last edited:
Both the main indices (NASDAQ-100 and S&P 500) sold off at the end of the day today. Tesla was capped during the day, as we expected from Options open interest data.
I'm not talking about the drop at the end of the day. I'm talking about how it goes up $10, then is brought back to near-zero. Then pops up, then brought back, then as volume wanes through the day, TSLA is held VERY close to 0% for a good portion of the day, which can't be a coincidence.

I'm not talking about the drop at the end of the day. I'm talking about how it goes up $10, then is brought back to near-zero. Then pops up, then brought back, then as volume wanes through the day, TSLA is held VERY close to 0% for a good portion of the day, which can't be a coincidence.

That's capping/spoofing in action. Very common manipulation method to cap any rise in share price

Well, he had darned well better be close to correct because if not, throwing out those data can be just as damaging to The Mission as releasing bearish nonsense.

Thus: if his release is close, then well and good. But for now and all future quarters he gets only ONE shot at being grossly wrong and then ALL further reports from him are data non grata on this platform - and everyone is deputized to report to me if any such appear in this thread, thence to be summarily expunged.
@SPadival: What was the reason for your Disagree to this otherwise well-received post, if you please?

I definitely get the feeling that the only thing keeping the stock up is PD delivery number FOMO. If the numbers aren't great, I fear we go back down and test 700. Fingers crossed on 240k+ deliveries.

All institutional investors are pump & dump "strategists" - just to a varying degrees. Nothing wrong in buying and selling whenever they believe it has reached a high water mark, but what is scummy is dumping in the background while at the same time pumping it in public.

I would not be shocked if Cathy and Ron do the same if and when they decide to sell. It is in the institutional investors genes, not too dissimilar from Shorts constantly creating FUD and spreading lies and trying to sabotage the company.

"I would not be shocked if..." are weasel words for...
  • X has not happened
  • I have no evidence it will
  • I'm suggesting it anyway
So you're suggesting Cathy Wood and Ron Baron are scumbags "not too dissimilar" from saboteurs... just because they are institutional investors? This kind of evidence-free trolling belongs on Seeking Alpha.

Disaster strikes. Norway seems to be running out of Tesla cars. To be specific, unsold Tesla cars. What looked like a sure thing, a new monthly delivery record, with two days to go, might stumble at the line. But, in a dramatic event the record might still be beatable, thanks to a late correction of yesterdays number. That number being 358 instead of the first reported 331 might be enough to save the day. Or month I guess.

Best month ever is still March 2019 with 5,828 compared to this months 5,228 5,582 5,716. So 600 246 112 behind with three two one day(s) to go. Today was 302 358 134.

112 is less than any of the last 14 full delivery days. So may look easy but when the number starts going down the last few days of a quarter it usually falls dramatically. Please come back tomorrow for the conclusion of this drama.

On another note Volkswagen at 3,351 needs at least something like 4,500 cars delivered tomorrow to catch up in the quarterly race.
Oh well. Turns out I was right in predicting the monthly record could survive because Tesla Norway is running out of cars.

Best month ever in Norway will remain March 2019 with 5,828 compared to this months 5,228 5,582 5,716 5,776. So 600 246 112 52 behind with three two one zero days to go. Today was 302 358 134 55. (Yeah, I know the math doesn't quite line up, think it's because the monthly numbers sometimes are updated slightly later than the daily). So the end result might be adjusted by a few but not by 55.

I'll sleep on it before deciding if a recall should be demanded.

Surprisingly Volkswagen,a t number two, failed to catch Tesla in the quarterly race. They ended up 4,400 behind doing only 44,1% of Teslas numbers. They failed even worse in the monthly race ending 4,589 behind which is only 20,6% of Tesla.

Watching Fast Money on CNBS and an entertaining segment came on.

To paraphrase/summarize:

Frank (bullish viewer) on CNBC Asks: Is Tesla ready to break out to the upside and retest 900.
Guy Adami: Chamath running his mouth off did nothing. Frank is on to something.
Bonawyn Eisen: Umm I'm not going to question Tesla valuation. Ride the momentum
Tim Seymour: mumbles. too high valuation. I agree, EV market is way too big. Bigger than expected. This is good news and bad news (umm what?) Tesla keeps surprising with delivery numbers quarter, after quarter. mumbles more.. ummm valuation story.

No one wants a piece of shorting this even though we know CNBS hates our company.

I definitely get the feeling that the only thing keeping the stock up is PD delivery number FOMO. If the numbers aren't great, I fear we go back down and test 700. Fingers crossed on 240k+ deliveries.
So what happens if they’re good? We stay where we’re at for the rest of the year or more or go up for a week then back to 700? Or up and retest the ATH?

Reactions: Lessmog

To paraphrase/summarize:

Frank (bullish viewer) on CNBC Asks: Is Tesla ready to break out to the upside and retest 900.
Tim Seymour: mumbles. too high valuation. I agree, EV market is way too big. Bigger than expected. This is good news and bad news (umm what?) Tesla keeps surprising with delivery numbers quarter, after quarter. mumbles more.. ummm valuation story.

No one wants a piece of shorting this even though we know CNBS hates our company.
Haha I had it on in the background and saw the same segment.

BTW Tim's new logic is that deliveries DO NOT matter anymore.....the entire valuation of Tesla is based on tech/batteries

I wonder if he knows Tesla controls most of the battery supply out there.....🤫

To paraphrase/summarize:

Once the media has established a narrative, it's extremely difficult to turn it around because the media is the business of selling itself as always right about everything so admitting you're wrong is embarrassing and potentially fatal. The media long ago established the narrative that Tesla is doomed to fail, Elon is a crackpot and a fraud, EV's will never supplant dino exploders, etc. They cannot suddenly turn around and say otherwise because that is tantamount to suicide in their own eyes.