Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an example of a more professional set up...

Maybe time for another share split, it was fun last time,.,,
CHESS australia, and some other markets (japan) operate on and end-beneficiary basis. some more stringent than others.
by the way, those markets are pretty much fail-intolerant. meaning a market participant cannot fail to deliver at all without risking a fine. that cuts the shorting nonsense (and overall market volume) down a lot to say the least.

Last edited:
Right start, wrong finish.

You say they won't give up on using those 18650s and you are right.

You then go on about how many other products need 4680s, which is the wrong line of though.

What you should consider is what product can they toss those 18650s in if not the Model S/X? I'd say that is the Model 2 (or Model Q or whatever they want to call the car smaller than the Model 3). Once they are cranking out smaller cars, that is the obvious place to put the 18650s.

Smaller pack, smaller car, less downside in terms of range to using the smaller cells. Perfect place to toss them.

Surely that smaller car will be happening in less than 7 years.

I'm going to say 4680s in Models S/X by 2025. 3 years ahead of your 7 year number. But Elon will reiterate that it isn't happening at least once a year in 2021 and 2022 and 2023 just to fight the Osbourne effect.

Just like he said there wouldn't be a Model S cosmetic refresh for all those years before they finally did it.

Excellent question. Many people, including broker employees who set margin requirements, still have no clue about Tesla.

The Schwab Equity Rating® for TSLA is F: Strongly Underperfom: Sell (immediately you fool). Last month, it got all the way up to D, but alas has retreated again. This august (and August) opinion is based on the following Rationale Behind Our Rating (not ®):

Growth Grade: C​
Quality Grade: F​
Sentiment Grade: C​
Stability Grade: D​
Valuation Grade: F​

The Quality and Sentiment Grades are labeled as most important to the overall grade. Here is Schwab's description of the former (emphasis added):

The Quality component underlying the rating is based on a number of operating performance measures derived from recent financial statement data. Stocks with attributes such as high profitability, high earnings quality, conservative investment spending and better operating efficiency tend to have better Quality scores. Highly-rated stocks within this category may have the potential for price appreciation, as investors perceive that these companies have the financial strength to potentially grow earnings faster than their peers.​

Oh Schwab. Speaking of peers, here are some Schwab Equity Rating®s for them:

GM and Ford: D​

Okay, that's the ballpark, but better than Tesla?

Toyota and Honda: B​
Daimler: A​

Oh Schwab.

In short, yes I have to believe reality will someday filter down to the brokerages... or else their customers who trust them will stampede to ARK.

yes and tesla also gets just an average score by most “ESG” measures ive seen. what a joke.

1633567999689.png

Geez, is Mama Cathie selling all 63,135 shares as a single sell wall limit or strategic shorting every green candle to cap us. :p

Only fund that sold TSLA is ARKK, presumably to fund that 6.7 million share purchase of DNA.

ARKG did sell its own holdings (does not contain TSLA) to also buy more DNA.

Hope she knows what she is doing here.

Last edited:
My broker’s performance (E*Trade) was so egregious the “unsettled” shares were actually captured in my monthly statement. My account value appeared to decrease by 80% as the split share value was captured, but the share dividend was missing.

yeah that’s not good. i had my unrealized PnL messed up overnight from it as well. but the market value was accurate. still it was a bit messy.

View attachment 718591

Geez, is Mama Cathie selling all 63,135 shares as a single sell wall limit or strategic shorting every green candle to cap us. :p

Only fund that sold TSLA is ARKK, presumably to fund that 6.7 million share purchase of DNA.

DNA. Ouch! I'll stick with TSLA.
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 9.38.03 PM.png

View attachment 718591

Oh man, hard to know if that short seller report is wrong on DNA (it is a SPAC after all) but if ARK's wrong on DNA and Tesla does making some sort of surprise announcement tomorrow and/or earnings are blockbuster (greater than EPS of $2), the optics of their decision making will look pretty bad

I believe Q3 is the first quarter where a majority of cars have been sold without radar hardware. Given the sensor, mounting, and wiring saved by omitting radar, that's probably on the order of $100-150 straight to the bottom line on almost every car sold.

And the first quarter where I put in $200 in a bid to get that damn button. Happens to be at the very end of Q3.

Also straight to the bottom line revenue!

Reactions: gene and MikeC
I believe Q3 is the first quarter where a majority of cars have been sold without radar hardware. Given the sensor, mounting, and wiring saved by omitting radar, that's probably on the order of $100-150 straight to the bottom line on almost every car sold.

AFAIK only NA cars had radar removed?

Also we know Tesla has worked around the chip shortage by moving to FPGAs that almost certainly increased costs compared to the cheaper off the shelf stuff they were using before (no way to know to what degree though)

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
DNA. Ouch! I'll stick with TSLA.
View attachment 718607
Buy LOW sell high, man. Ark “lies in wait” (Cathie’s words) for opportunities like this.

DNA was hit with a short attack today and that spooked the market. ARK was an early investor in DNA and I expect they knew very well what they were buying. DNA recovered 10% from this morning’s lows. So I think it was a good strategic buy. But maybe they should have sold something else to fund that opportunity.