Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right on cue a quick pop to 795. I assume this is just massive short covering from MM's shenanigans all week. Is this how the Madoff rule was intended to function for MM's? Certainly seems to have little value other than screwing option holders.

Not nearly enough volume to be MM's unwinding. Plus it was instantly hit with sell orders which tells me MM's are trying to control the upside.

So I'd venture to say it's someone buying. Could be FOMO or someone does know something. 🤷‍♂️

At least we only have 3 hours until we find out

I totally agree that Tesla isn't driven by left or right. In fact it's one of the rare controversial things that has substantial proponents and detractors on both sides of the political aisle.

I'm very liberal too, but I am very cognizant that most (but certainly not all!) journalists are as liberal as I am. At least in the U.S.,they come mostly from my demographic, graduates of the best liberal arts schools. We mostly communicate in our echo chamber. I don't know much about the way the world works, but I know my peeps, and they are to a very great extent liberal and very critical of Tesla and Musk. Have been since day one. Again, I'm not saying all liberals are Tesla detractors. It's a big country! There are lots of types of liberals. What I am saying is that the journalistic community (which happens to be mostly liberal), are overwhelmingly Tesla detractors.

If you think that the bad press Tesla and Musk have consistently been subjected to over the years is because of advertising dollars, you really don't know my peeps. The writers and editors of the best papers and other news media in America are very honest, very dedicated, very hard working. But they have almost uniformly been critical of Tesla, despite everything all of us on this forum know about the positive attributes of Tesla for the future of mankind. It's groupthink, plain and simple.
You know Tesla as well as many people on this forum. Maybe you should carefully examine their thought processes. If they are this wrong on Tesla maybe your "peeps" are wrong on a lot of other issues. The writers and editors of the "best papers" are not honest with respect to Tesla. If they are not honest in this area, their dishonesty may carry over to other areas. It's not "groupthink" it is "group not think" or group self delusion, or simple dishonesty. And dishonesty is usually NOT in just one area of a person's behavior.

The reason, as has been explained 4711 times over 14 months now, is that it neutralises the Market Makers' exception to magic false shares out of thin air, which they can sell to push down the price at will. '

Did you not see this discussed at all here?
800px-Eau_de_Cologne_1280470.JPG

This smells better than the need for our endless repetition of basic facts.

Not nearly enough volume to be MM's unwinding. Plus it was instantly hit with sell orders which tells me MM's are trying to control the upside.

So I'd venture to say it's someone buying. Could be FOMO or someone does know something. 🤷‍♂️

At least we only have 3 hours until we find out
Yeah I'm just purely guessing, but it's awfully convenient the timing of this within the scope of this week's action. MM's buy and I assumed day traders then sell to snatch up a quick profit?

Yeah I'm just purely guessing, but it's awfully convenient the timing of this within the scope of this week's action. MM's buy and I assumed day traders then sell to snatch up a quick profit?

MM's are in an interesting positions here. Likely spent a huge amount of money over the past 4 days to cap. Do they let all that money spent go to waste?

Which is why I don't think it's them and I do think they're capping in hopes that the shareholders meeting is a dud and they can control the stock tomorrow. I don't think they'll try and stop 800 today, just keep it close enough to try and drop it tomorrow (and hope for a macro sell off)

Edit: Ok who know now. Volume is exploding higher

Last edited: