Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not really expecting much. Updates on the current business, current known products and known factories. Last year they tied the annual meeting to battery day, but in prior years the annual meetings were very uneventful. Boring even for someone that follows Tesla closely.

Elon has commented that he likes any product announcements to be separate. My expectations for tonight are pretty low.

It was a good meeting, but I really was expecting a few more surprises. I feel like we mostly knew everything here already.

Well it met my expectations.

No. I was referring to the fact that on the call they mentioned very specifically that they were having trouble moving from small scale production to larger scale production.

From the same transcript.
Yeah, that was in the part I quoted. Nowhere is it stated they were "basically dead in the water". They found an issue and were engineering around it. A delay, not a killer.

Yeah, that was in the part I quoted. Nowhere is it stated they were "basically dead in the water". They found an issue and were engineering around it. A delay, not a killer.
#1 it is not the part you quoted at all. (Edit... NM, your post was cut off above what I quoted I see you included a bunch in there)
#2 "Dead in the water" and delayed are the same thing. If you are delayed you aren't moving forward. If you are Dead in the water, you are not moving forward...

#2 "Dead in the water" and delayed are the same thing. If you are delayed you aren't moving forward.

No if you are delayed it means you wont meet your deadline , it does not mean you are making no progress, just slower than expected.

Dead in the water means there is an issue you dont know how to solve thats stopping any progress.

Increasing Fremont production by the factor stated would be phenomenal. Any ideas how they plan to accomplish that? I don’t mean to sound negative. I believe Elon, I’d just like to know how.

Cells/packs - CATL LFP/4680/2170 - more production for GF Nevada.

Car bodies - front and rear castings for Model Y, new Model S/X production line.. maybe moving Model 3 to castings?

The thing I am not sure about is paint - they should have 2 operational paint shops, but painting capacity was always a production limitation..

Last edited:
Driving side streets at 8am to a local car inspection appointment, I pass an elementary school where kids are waiting for a crossing guard about to stop traffic. Out of the gaggle of 4th graders comes a chorus of chants of “Tesla, Tesla, Tesla”.

You can’t buy this sort of generational awareness.

Where did this happen? Your profile just says "USA".

Well it's obvious where the attack on Tesla's reputation is focused now.

Shareholder proposals are always the dirty laundry that one just has to grin and bear. Every company has them, I'm actually surprised Tesla doesn't have more of this garbage. I think I trust Tesla to do the right thing, more often (and without outside oversight) than any company I've ever invested in.

In the end, these shareholder proposals are big nothing burgers and don't stand a chance of passing. I wouldn't want to invest in a company that required that kind of babysitting just to meet my standards.

I know we want to get to the main show, but I actually appreciate hearing from other shareholders and view it as an equitable and appropriate use of time.
Gives an opportunity for a voice and for people to vote.

Sustainability is a real issue that isn’t easily defined. We did, however, get sustainable interiors due to a request during one of these meetings years ago.

Except that getting "sustainable interiors" probably wasn't due to the shareholder proposal because they only carry weight if they can get substantial ballots in favor. It was due to economics/customer preferences/ doing the "right thing".

In the end, these shareholder proposals are big nothing burgers and don't stand a chance of passing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't two of the shareholder proposals provisionally pass?

Martin said:

"I declare the polls are now closed. Based on the proxies that we have previously received, I'd like to announce on a preliminary basis that our stockholders have approved the recommendations of the Tesla board on all agenda items except item 2 regarding the reduction of director terms to 2 years; item 5 for an advisory vote regarding the reduction of director terms to 1 year; and item 6 for an advisory vote regarding additional reporting on diversity and inclusion efforts. While over 99 percent of shares present entitled to vote on item 2 did so as recommended by the board, unfortunately less than 66.7 percent of our total outstanding shares which were required to approve this item submitted votes for this item."

The board was for item 2, and against item 5 and item 6. So I interpreted that as item 2 failing and items 5 and 6 passing.

Edit: WSJ confirming it: Tesla to Move Headquarters From California to Texas, Elon Musk Says

Early tallies suggested that shareholders had signed off on a nonbinding proposal to cut board members’ terms to one year, from three, and a call to publish additional information on Tesla’s diversity and inclusion efforts.

Last edited:
EM too ashamed of his safety score to reveal it😂

He honestly didn't know what it was. Reading between the lines I got the feeling his Tesla account might be so unique he doubts he even has a safety score. but he didn't want to say that because he honestly didn't know how that applied to whether he has a safety score and that it would be viewed as the billionaire being 'special". Never mind that he's the CEO!

But you can be certain his Tesla account is not like all of our accounts.