Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why Elon would want to do this. He isn't a fan of having his companies be public (I can understand why, particularly with Wall Street's behavior and the questions at the start of the shareholder meeting.)

So I don't know why he would voluntarily put more of his companies into that situation
I’m pretty sure he wants to keep SpaceX out of the public markets for certain. I think he’s suggested Starlink might IPO, but no hint that SpaceX would. Doesn’t want to have to answer to public investors for his long term vision there. Doesn’t want to deal with shorts and other BS.

If he IPOs Starlink, he can benefit from the SpaceX halo on a company which Wall Street can love, one with a reliable revenue stream and predictable goals. That would be a big fund raiser for SpaceX and give him the ability to reward employees his employees with publicly traded options.

Not as much as those who wrote the far out-of-the-money calls in 2018 and 1019. Creating the contracts does not make them investment grade. And, if they were structured to be investment grade, the returns would be very low.
I consider out of money call writing the same as setting a price target you are willing to sell but rather make income in the mean time.

That's 2 CNBS segments with bullish Tesla comments/analysts in one day....Should we be worried going into Q3 earnings now??? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Maybe a bit OT but I know that all of you are successful in your fields and maybe have some ideas for me.
I work as much as I possibly can (~110-115 hours a week) and invest everything I can into TSLA. Ever since my investing portfolio surpassed the multimillion dollar mark, I moved my goal to 8 figures. I can’t for the life of me, figure out how to get there though. Anyone have any ideas? Real estate and owning a business are the only other things I can think of at this point. But I’m not so sure about either of those.
I know it’s not all about money, and I’m so so grateful for everything I have, but I think…”if so many people in the world figured out how to achieve 8 figures within a few years, maybe I can too.”
Curt knows things non Tesla, too. Look at the list he provided...

Try to cut back to 80 hours a week or even less.

I once audited a course at Stanford called ME284 Cardiovascular Bioengineering. There were a few striking images with supporting facts that will be important to you.

1. People in wheelchairs are subject to lower aortic aneurisms where the lower aorta swells and ruptures and you bleed out. If you look at the arterial tree you will see tiny femoral arteries. Everywhere an artery branches into two parts the flow area of the two branches wants to match the flow area of the feeder. This means the velocity is the same through the branch system with each unsteady beat of the heart. If the femoral arteries do not have the same cross sectional area as the lower aorta you get something akin to water hammer with every beat of the heart. This high blood pressure in the lower aorta stretches it and thickens the walls of all the organs that feed off of it. Mass transfer gets worse and everything suffers performance wise. If you sit in a chair all day, how are you different?
  2. Blood vessels are adaptive. They will change diameter based on the shear stress the lining of the artery experiences. Faster flow = higher shear stresses = increased diameter over time. It is actual signaling from the endothelial cells that line the artery - they did experiments confirming this.
  3. Cycling on a stationary bicycle increases the femoral artery flow rate by a factor of 10 (or something big). That means, over time, cycling should lower blood pressure by eliminating water hammer where your lower aorta branches.

Start doing things that increase the blood velocity in your femoral arteries. Get involved with USA cycling. The high performance coach there has some insanely effective structured workouts.

For what it is worth, during WWII Boeing was trying to make as many bombers as possible. It was important. They found that if they worked people more than 50 hours a week the defect rate went up such that net airplanes produced went down. The magic number was 50 hours for physical work on an assembly line. There is also a time to find and repair factor that may be different on airplanes than on other things. But mistakes go up after 50 hours...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a bit OT but I know that all of you are successful in your fields and maybe have some ideas for me.
I work as much as I possibly can (~110-115 hours a week) and invest everything I can into TSLA. Ever since my investing portfolio surpassed the multimillion dollar mark, I moved my goal to 8 figures. I can’t for the life of me, figure out how to get there though. Anyone have any ideas? Real estate and owning a business are the only other things I can think of at this point. But I’m not so sure about either of those.
I know it’s not all about money, and I’m so so grateful for everything I have, but I think…”if so many people in the world figured out how to achieve 8 figures within a few years, maybe I can too.”
The important questions here are:

1. How old are you?
2. Do you have a family?
3. ”if so many people in the world figured out how to achieve 8 figures within a few years, maybe I can too.” - You are talking about the top 1% household net worth in the US or the world. Maybe focus not so much on the $$, but more on what makes you happy :)

1633723023291.png

The important questions here are:

1. How old are you?
2. Do you have a family?
3. ”if so many people in the world figured out how to achieve 8 figures within a few years, maybe I can too.” - You are talking about the top 1% household net worth in the US or the world. Maybe focus not so much on the $$, but more on what makes you happy :)

View attachment 719296
1. 31
2. Pharmacist. Not married, no kids, don’t own a home. No debt.
3. I feel like sometimes, what makes me happy is working toward and achieving a goal. I think I need new, non monetary goals…😅

1. 31
3. I feel like sometimes, what makes me happy is working toward and achieving a goal. I think I need new, non monetary goals…😅
High five to a fellow pharmacist!

Btw being at 31 with a multi million dollar position in Tesla and I assume you have probably a quarter of a mil in a retirement account will have you hit 8 figures in probably 10 years time without adding on any extra risk,

Also you'll also find out there's a gigantic diminishing in return on goods/services where the more you pay, the less improved quality you get. Eventually money just becomes score in a video game. You already did the heavy lifting by working 100+hours/week, it's time to scale that down. I have to 24h already.

I’m pretty sure he wants to keep SpaceX out of the public markets for certain. I think he’s suggested Starlink might IPO, but no hint that SpaceX would. Doesn’t want to have to answer to public investors for his long term vision there. Doesn’t want to deal with shorts and other BS.

Remember that nut job Shlabooshka and the Shorty Air Force whackos? Can you imagine the havoc that SpaceX shorties would try to cause during launch ops with light aircraft, drones, RIBs, etc? No thanks.

I don't know how old you are, but you have to keep in perspective age and time in the market. A million at age 40 is different than a million at 50. Look at how much the general indicies have performed over the last 10 - 20 yrs. Sure probably not going to repeat 2010 - now, but should probably get 7% average return a year. I'm at 40 with several mil, at some point I should just throw most of the money into QQQ and watch it appreciate 3x to 10x ish over the next 10-20 years. That would get me close to 8 digits without really having to do anything.

Just enjoy life while you get older and let your money get there.

Edit: Oh you're 31. Easy peasy. Buy and hold QQQ. Whenever there is a major recession, move into TQQQ :D

Regarding, yesterday's meeting: Me thinks, Elon now is a master of sandbagging.

We've been hearing folks insist TESLA IS SANDBAGGING on:

Cybertruck
Semi
Roadster
The 25k car
Robotaxis
Austin production start
Berlin production start
Refreshed S/X

and probably 10 more things I'm not thinking of right now over the last year or two.

And turns out most of them are still... basically on time for the original planned schedule... and the few exceptions are late.

Tesla generally tells you the fastest they're gonna get something done- and then does their best to execute against that. Sometimes they hit the date. Sometimes issues delay them (supply chain, or simply finding a given FSD approach isn't working and they need a rewrite).

Why do people keep not believing what Tesla actually tells them and insisting there's some magical sandbagging that never happens? Is it JUST because Y managed to come in a bit ahead of schedule that everyone is sure they're SECRETLY AHEAD ON EVERYTHING AND JUST NOT SAYING?

1. 31
How do you even work 110 to 115 hours a week? That's an average of 16 a day, 7 days a week?! I can honestly say I don't think I've ever worked more than 60 in a week in my life, and I'd consider a particularly busy week anything over 50!! But I'm British and we're a little more laid back. ;) (Or I'm probably quite lazy!)

As for your goal, doing nothing at all beyond sitting on TSLA should see you there in 10 years or so, assuming you are only just into multimillionaire status.

1. 31

@31 I was still paying my college bills
@70+ money will no more than a safety crutch ... hopeful nice retirement and don't have to work at walmart ;)
.. I am in transit in b/w the above two ...

enjoy life, each day every day.

typed and deleted rest of opinion - because I ain't no expert :) . cheers!!

We've been hearing folks insist TESLA IS SANDBAGGING on:

Cybertruck
Semi
Roadster
The 25k car
Robotaxis
Austin production start
Berlin production start
Refreshed S/X

and probably 10 more things I'm not thinking of right now over the last year or two.

And turns out most of them are still... basically on time for the original planned schedule... and the few exceptions are late.

Tesla generally tells you the fastest they're gonna get something done- and then does their best to execute against that. Sometimes they hit the date. Sometimes issues delay them (supply chain, or simply finding a given FSD approach isn't working and they need a rewrite).

Why do people keep not believing what Tesla actually tells them and insisting there's some magical sandbagging that never happens? Is it JUST because Y managed to come in a bit ahead of schedule that everyone is sure they're SECRETLY AHEAD ON EVERYTHING AND JUST NOT SAYING?
Tesla certainly doesn’t sandbag on delivery dates for certain.

They do seem to sandbag on production capacity estimates. Not time to ramp, but the final production numbers. They’ve hinted at Texas being capable of producing a million vehicles a year but it seems like they are preparing for much much more than that eventually.