Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chargers are a problem, there shouldn't be that many broken, but unlike the SC network these are show ponies meant to make headlines and appease the green brigade rather than work and charge cars.

I'm surprised at the quality of the ioniq entertainment system seemed very laggy etc.
They are all like this. Even the 6 figure eqs has a pos processor running all them screens. Watching the representative launching Tetris on the system was painful. There's more processing power when my mom uses her abacus.

This series continues to be interesting generally, with its references to the launch customer. The 15 gigapress orders that was stated in the first episode and mentioned here a few days ago, seems to be mostly/all Tesla. I wonder whether the gigapress began in the minds of IDRA or of Tesla.
We might never know, but IIRC the aluminum alloy used in the gigapress was developed by SpaceX. On the other had the ones built at LK might also be going to other Chinese OEM's than just Tesla. There are likely tons of order for the sizes just below, and new large press size variants are appearing rapidly.

My guess is that LK and IDRA are revolutionizing large presses mostly for EVs, mostly in China, while the very largest ones, like the upcoming 8000 ton one for Cybertruck, may well be mostly or all for Tesla.

Presses seem to be mimicking wind turbines. Only too much might be enough. So far it seems the limits have not yet been reached in either case.

For Tesla all this seems to be expanding the technological lead since no legacy OEM is likely to follow any time soon.

@Curt Renz can confirm, but looks like a pretty classic "Bullish Pennant" formation to me.

Indeed, following the runup from the June 2019 bottom, I read the formation from December 2020 to May 2021 as a Bullish Pennant. That appears to have been the setup for the current Uptrend, which at first was riding then began drifting above the 50 & 200-day Simple Moving Averages. Both patterns are described in my book chapter "Uptrending Patterns" subtitled "The Trend Is Your Friend".

Indeed, following the runup from the June 2019 bottom, I read the formation from December 2020 to May 2021 as a Bullish Pennant. That appears to have been the setup for the current Uptrend, which at first was riding then began drifting above the 50 & 200-day Simple Moving Averages . Both patterns are described in my book chapter "Uptrending Patterns" subtitled "The Trend Is Your Friend".
Literally, that book sits on my desk for daily reference.

Since Curt won't promote it himself, anyone interested can grab a copy on Amazon:

Quick and easy "vacation" read or something to read when you have a weekend off.

Since Curt won't promote it himself, anyone interested can grab a copy on Amazon:

Quick and easy "vacation" read or something to read when you have a weekend off.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

So then, $817 by Thursday, October 28, 2021.

#PREDICT

So then, $817 by Thursday, October 28, 2021.

#PREDICT

Curt can talk about this better than I, but TA is just a method of indication, not any kind of guarantee. Especially not with something as manipulated as TSLA. And TA should always just be one tool in your toolbelt, not the end-all and be-all for trading.

Still, we're at the narrow end of that pennant, my "not advice" is that a breakout to the positive is looming.

Even though it is not Easter, it might be a good time to talk about Easter Eggs and their role in maintaining steady demand for Tesla products.

People like golf and games that produce a result that changes with nuance. Tesla has worked to make their cars as addictive as golf.

Here is an example from the streaming radio, disengage here if you think you already know how to play the radio.

The key is song AND artist. In the search for the mellow station that will help me reach my goal I tried:

1. "Play Easy Does It by Count Basie" includes Corner Pocket, Moten Swing, but a lot of stuff I skipped over.
  2. "Play Don't get around much Anymore by Louis Armstrong" includes Can't take that away from Me with Ella helping, Night and Day, and What'd I Say? from Ray Charles.
  3. "Play Herb Alpert a Taste of Honey" delivered a reimagined version followed by some good George Benson, while "Play A Taste of Honey by the Tijuana Brass" required no reimagine.

The point being that if you don't like the Chipmunks singing Home on the Range, which frankly, they know nothing about, and are willing to work at it, the radio is full of Easter eggs that make the car addictive - like golf.

"Play Vehicle by the Ides of March" Includes Chicago, Blood, Sweat and Tears, The Doors, Three Dog Night, Edison Lighthouse...
Lots of Apollo NASA images in this tribute to 1970.

I think the yoke is to support full screen video when FSD is mature...

No demand lull if they do it right.

Funny, the infamous Gregw on twitter who bought a model 3 and claimed tesla was a con and never got anywhere close to the stated efficiency and caused quite a stir....

Had changed is brake calliper springs and pads and these were too strong, rubbing on the disks and generally trashing his efficiency. He was literally driving round with the brakes on.

I see more VW all-hands-meetings in the near future…

No matter which angle you look at it, VW is done.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.22.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.21.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 9.22.32 PM.png

A picture of the new 18650 battery pack in the Model S Plaid has surfaced on Reddit:

s5js91ngjjs71.jpg

Only 5 modules in the current pack vs 18 in the previous pack.
Hmm, wonder what that blue sheet is, could it be a fire retardant material in a Model S pack?
:cool:;)

Reactions: scaesare and 22522
Have I missed it? Has anyone taken the time to go thru everything out of the GigaBerlin videos to see if there are any hidden things?
You know, the stuff in two years from now when we will be going, "OMG 4d CHESS!"
IMO most surprising was the seats apparently mounted on the battery pack before it is married with the car body, no more robots reaching inside the car...

Other notable mentions:-
  • 2 new paint colors?
  • A look at the 4680 structural pack... (some debates about the cooling mechanism)

More generally the amount of information and access that was available was surprising... more being gradually revealed as people trawl through video footage would not be a surprise..

You know that'd work so much better if he wouldn't start every drive with the speed setting at +5 MPH over the speed limit.

He's doing 30 in a 25 and wonders why it can't handle it (and also doing 35 in a 30). Drives around for 30 minutes with multiple disengagements before he turns it down to +1 and is doing 26 in a 25 and it's working better.

To add to the fun every drive I ever see him do he starts at +5, apparently that's what he leaves it at between videos.

But he doesn't seem to get that running over the speed limit is not proper behavior for FSD Beta.

IMO most surprising was the seats apparently mounted on the battery pack before it is married with the car body, no more robots reaching inside the car...

Other notable mentions:-
  • 2 new paint colors?
  • A look at the 4680 structural pack... (some debates about the cooling mechanism)

More generally the amount of information and access that was available was surprising... more being gradually revealed as people trawl through video footage would not be a surprise..

2 new paint colours
Actual reveal of a structural 4680 pack
New adaptive headlights.

Was there any Easter eggs? Dont know, we got a really substantial look at what they've been doing there, enough to scare you if you already build cars in Germany.

I forgot where I saw this, but I heard there was a third color that will be available as well, but wasn't shown. The third color is a khaki like color. Of course, take it with a grain of salt because i don't even remember where i heard it from lol.

Reactions: AZRI11
I forgot where I saw this, but I heard there was a third color that will be available as well, but wasn't shown. The third color is a khaki like color. Of course, take it with a grain of salt because i don't even remember where i heard it from lol.

No false rumour, a car was spotted in that colour but its a primer