Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA up ~2.5x vs. macros in light early Pre-market trading:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
14,726.75 +26.25 (+0.18%)

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 12, 2021 05:32 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$795.39 +3.45 (+0.44%)
Pre-Market Volume23,547
Pre-Market High$796.45 (05:26:30 AM)
Pre-Market Low$790.61 (04:01:24 AM)

The battle for 800 resumes in a few hours.

This one seems fitting on multiple levels!

In 1937 a group of Chinese soldiers and draft dodgers puts up a four-day defense of a Shanghai warehouse complex just as Japanese forces are overwhelming China.

Attachments

• 933D154F-7393-4E85-8080-88A54520B688.jpeg
    933D154F-7393-4E85-8080-88A54520B688.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 78
Given new Cali mandates I think now is the time for the Tesla leaf blower spacex edition. Handles leaves, home invasions, etc. I live in Cali and these machines seem to rank around #2 as public enemy on the local chats. If Dyson isn’t working on this he’s nuts. Use an intense but well noise shielded liquid nitrogen production system in the cybertruck and then pipe it out through plastic tubing to the handheld unit which has a multi-element resistive heating system to expand the gas into a compelling force. 50kW later you have a relatively quiet sod or neighbor’s curious pet remover. 800 would be secured. O Jew or gentile before turning to face windward consider Elon who once was as strong and handsome as you.

This tweet from @avoigt and I also think it was mentioned in a video by Gali. Can't be sure as I've watched and read so much about the fair recently. To be clear actual production parts will be produced on site. My understanding is that many of the parts on display for the factory tour were imported but this won't be ongoing once production starts.

Correct, actually according to the media, the authorities approved the production of 250 bodies last Friday. That's a huge benefit because Tesla can now finally start calibration of the stamping machines. More about that in my next video that I hope to publish today.

And what was their source? Nobody I spoke with said they were imported, it also doesn't make sense.

Stamping is operational, for all parts. They have a permit for limited production of parts. snice Friday they also have a permit for the production of 250 cars. There were some imported body's, but they were wrapped in foil and stored away.

[edit]
Imagine you've just build a multi million dollar stamping machine, with all the stamps ready. And you have permission to produce parts (limited) and then you import the parts?
[/edit]
That's not quite correct

I had an exclusive factory tour with the Director of Policy and Business Development Europe through Giga Berlin and he as well as other Tesla Managers at the line confirmed to me that not a single part has been produced so far and all are imported from China. The only exception are the casting parts.

Because the approval from the Brandenburg authorities seemed to be available since Friday the earliest they could start producing parts is Sunday but because of the Giga Fest all that was positioned and placed for visitors it is likely earliest yesterday Monday, Oct 11th

Did you have the case of TSLA options at various strikes and expiry traded around the same time?
I traded TSLA options both in taxable and IRA accounts within the 30 day window.
Were your TSLA options (assuming all call options) treaded as different securities by Tradelog when the strike and expiry were different, or were they all treated as equivalent security?
Short answer is yeah, I've had all those scenarios. Sometimes treated as equivalent. Sometimes not. DM me if it would help if I pull some examples or if you have questions.
You do know that he reads this thread, right?

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif
So? Perhaps the criticism could have been worded slightly more politely, but Rob has thick skin and to his credit is very open to constructive criticism.

Do you think that Giga Fest was organized at last weekend before beginning of test / preproduction? Is it a coincidence, that on 14th of October is the deadline for last complaints? That a factory worker said they can start (test) production in two hours after approval?

On the other words, is Tesla starting it's money printing machines at the end of this very week?

Short answer is yeah, I've had all those scenarios. Sometimes treated as equivalent. Sometimes not. DM me if it would help if I pull some examples or if you have questions.

So? Perhaps the criticism could have been worded slightly more politely, but Rob has thick skin and to his credit is very open to constructive criticism.
Seems like it would be possible to set up a driver profile for FSD testing to make it easy get the settings optimized consistently. That would be one option that might be useful In the early parts of the learning experience.

And what was their source? Nobody I spoke with said they were imported, it also doesn't make sense.

Stamping is operational, for all parts. They have a permit for limited production of parts. snice Friday they also have a permit for the production of 250 cars. There were some imported body's, but they were wrapped in foil and stored away.

[edit]
Imagine you've just build a multi million dollar stamping machine, with all the stamps ready. And you have permission to produce parts (limited) and then you import the parts?
[/edit]
A senior European Tesla Manager is my source - he knows what he talks about. It makes total sense because without a construction permit production steps are not allowed!

2 other senior line Managers at the factory line confirmed it too

Its incorrect that they have a permit for 250 cars, what they have a permit for according to 1 media source (can't find anything official) is 250 bodies.

It does not matter if Friday an approval was in, they wouldn't have any time to produce a single part when they prepare the County Fair

Sorry but I must say that your comment reveals you don't know a lot about how a factory is planned and getting started. The 250 units are not even for real production but to start the calibration process of the stamping machine. Without proper calibration and adjustment, you do get not usable parts. The 350 body permit has nothing to do with producing 250 finished vehicles. In order to be able to install all machines, you need stamped body parts. Thats one of many reasons why you import them from other factories. That's not unique to Tesla but every automaker makes it that way.

Literally, that book sits on my desk for daily reference.

Since Curt won't promote it himself, anyone interested can grab a copy on Amazon:

Quick and easy "vacation" read or something to read when you have a weekend off.
Ordered!