Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Worried to death." Speaking from personal experience, worry is a contributor to most ailments, from cancer, to heart desease, to mental illness. If this is how you feel after TMC offers continuing support of execution of Tesla's mission in the next several quarters and fiscal years, I would suggest you have too much exposure to TSLA. There is nothing wrong with selling at these levels, although as per my previous sentence things for Tesla (not necessarily representative of TSLA true) are looking up and the future of BEVs is much more certain than even a couple of years ago.
My advice is you is to not use leverage (may be forced to sell during a down cycle), do not go "all in TSLA", spread your risk and carry a long term horizon for your investments (one year minimum), and don't invest any money that you can't afford to lose. It may be a good idea to take a break from watching the markets daily and to take a break from TMC.
You will know you have the right amount of TSLA when you are able to sleep well at night, regardless of the daily gain/loss drama in TSLA.
Wishing you and your family all the best in health and happiness. Fortune (zeros in your bank account) is not a requirement for either.
It may be a good idea to take a break from watching the markets daily and to take a break from TMC. -

1634328389108.png

Secondly, stop watching the ticker if you’re emotionally attached to money/emotional about money. Just go about your life, make it a good life, invest as much as you can afford in TSLA along the way without negatively affecting the good life you’re leading and forget about the investment.

Come back here in 2025 some time and tell us how life has been going for you.

This is such good advice.

I've mostly decided to treat my TSLA as my charity fund to support clean energy and other environmental agendas dear to me. This also includes buying Tesla cars that I otherwise would never consider, but that is the much smaller fraction of my donations.

Last edited:
Another blowout victory. This team is on a roll going into the end of season playoffs. Five wins in a row and 7 out of last 8 to hit a season high 15 games over 0.500. As good as they are now, it won't be long before their two new draft picks from Austin and Berlin join the team. The current scouting report is that these picks are destined to be superstars.

Today
Score:843.03
Margin of W/L:24.71
Attendance:18,316,988
High - Low:20.86
Season
Record:107-92
Total margin of wins:1,661.79
Total margin of losses:-1,524.43
YTD gain/loss:137.3619.47%
Price/52 week high93.6%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:8-2
Streak:W5
Avg margin of victory:15.53
Avg margin of defeat:-16.57
Avg Attendance:18,537,114
Avg Attendance of Last 10:18,060,784
Avg High - Low:29.21
Avg H - L of Last 10:17.34

Last edited:
Amazing week for TSLA. :)
It's been a great ride so far, but we are reaching the steep part of the S curve. Hold on tight! Also, I sat behind you on the shuttle to the Dual motor event, wanted to talk to you but I was driving one of the cars at the event. Good memories!

huh?
The Cyber(nota)truck is going to use a lot of model 3 parts? Same castings..nope. Same windsheild washers... ah, hell nope. Same headlights..nope. Same tires...no. same batterypacks? Same skins? Same seats...oh hell no. Same what? oh yeah I got it..same Door handles...let me see the pic of the Cyber(nota)truck's door handles again?
Now that is over...
It seems as though Elon is creating a new skateboard for a different line/classification of vehicles. The Roastuder will use more Model 3 parts than the Cyber"nota"truck.
Electronic components, motors, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Congrats to everyone that 'rage bought' these last 6 months when TSLA was down because of what seemed to be relentless and unlimited FUD....we definitely showed our spouses who has the brains in the family!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Wish I’d “Rage Bought”. I did add some back a few weeks ago and also loaded up on some vertical spreads, but should have lightened other positions and loaded up. I might just do that now even at the higher prices.

This is why I think the Ultium is just marketing gobbledegook. With the 4680 we have a pretty good understanding of the improvements that Tesla is making to the battery. With Ultium it is not clear. I did see a reference to a wireless BMS for Ultium somewhere which is the only real innovation I have been able to uncover other than the modular packaging.

Mainstream consumers will care about range and price.

And if the battery packs fire frequency is so high it affects safety reputation. .001% of fleet catches fire per year or .005% of fleet catches fire per year is irrelevant.

The technical details about cells and packs is gobbledygook to mainstream consumers.

The difference in efficiency is negligible in terms cost of electricity so American consumers won't care. They don't care very much about fuel cost when gasoline is under $5/gallon.