Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(\_/)
( •_•)
/ >
Rocket

FUD Headlines: "SEC - Elon Musk using secret Twitter signals without Tesla Board Approval."

Don't think this was a Tesla tweet. Maybe a SpaceX tweet with those new arms that will catch the Starship rocket when it sets down after it's wee trip to space is completed.

Or maybe just a silly answer to the latest Twitter craze - replying letting the bunny hold what you would like it to hold

(\_/)
( •_•)
/ >🚘

I strongly believe that Tesla will be the biggest company 2030, if not already 2025.
So, everyone selling even 1 share today will regret it deeply.

Of course, enjoy life, stay healthy. Sell if you need to have a good life. HODL everything you can if you don't need it right now.
Time is worth everything, money is just something that can give you more freedom.

This is true but there are some fundamental limitations on optimization that stem from architecture complexity.
ICE cars are fundamentally more expensive than EV, simply because of the higher number of necessary parts.

ICE went through a century of optimization already, EV is only through its first decade.

That's all true but it doesn't forgive legacy auto for their lack of innovation in so many areas including the innovation of moving to electric when the time was right. The failure of legacy auto is their burden to bear, it shouldn't be apologized for based upon the platform they use since they chose the platform themselves and were free to migrate at any point. The government even incentivized them to move towards electrification and they told us there was no demand. Shameful. even if it was a misjudgement, unforgivable if it was willful.

Tell us you're a moron w/o telling us you're a moron...

The German automaker's electric Taycan model line has outsold the Tesla Model S and X by a better than two-to-one margin through the first three quarters of 2021, which saw the brand's overall sales rise 13%.

They really have no clue about Tesla or are being deliberately disingenuous. My guess is a little bit of both.

A securities-backed line of credit is another option for low interest access to cash. Mine through TD Ameritrade is 1.5%
That’s how I’m rolling. One limitation with mine though (E*Trade) is that cash transferred from your brokerage account (e.g., from stock sales) can only be used to pay down the loan amount.

So I’m just balancing increasing the loan amount (for income) as a function of the portfolio balance (e.g, <10%, far below the limit). Also I pay off the (low) loan interest every month. And I never sell a share.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL

The German automaker's electric Taycan model line has outsold the Tesla Model S and X by a better than two-to-one margin through the first three quarters of 2021, which saw the brand's overall sales rise 13%.

They really have no clue about Tesla or are being deliberately disingenuous. My guess is a little bit of both.

Bingo. Let's completely ignore that nearly no X's were sold in 2021 till this weekend, and no S's till June.

Clickbait BS for their base.

I am actually pleasantly surprised by the lack of drama of FSD rollout. It is now in the hands of thousands of regular Tesla drivers for several weeks, and no major (or any at all!) screwup happened. While statistically SOMETHING must go wrong sooner or later, this lull definitely shows that FSD is better than I imagined. Yes, there are bugs and illogical maneuvers, but these are obviously minor compared to the pluses. And the market recognizes this - i.e. the recent rise is probably also due to increased trust in Tesla FSD.

Rather than split the stock, could Tesla spin the Energy side into its own company (TWATT) and issue Tesla shareholders a 1:1 (or pick a ratio) dividend of the new Tesla Energy shares?

Such a move would finally allow me to comfortably diversify my portfolio beyond one stock. :rolleyes:

You just pointed out how owning TSLA is already more diversified than other tech/high growth stocks. Tesla will be disrupting multiple industries, energy is the only one I can think of that's larger than transportation.

Lol, I thought this was an old example at first. It's only 3 hrs old!

I am actually pleasantly surprised by the lack of drama of FSD rollout. It is now in the hands of thousands of regular Tesla drivers for several weeks, and no major (or any at all!) screwup happened. While statistically SOMETHING must go wrong sooner or later, this lull definitely shows that FSD is better than I imagined. Yes, there are bugs and illogical maneuvers, but these are obviously minor compared to the pluses. And the market recognizes this - i.e. the recent rise is probably also due to increased trust in Tesla FSD.

I don't understand the line of thinking that FSD beta is dangerous. When sitting in the driver seat you have full access to the brake, throttle and steering wheel instantly, whenever you want. Warren Redlich recently pointed out that a beta version of FSD is less scary than teaching your 15 year old with a learners permit to drive because you have to sit in the passenger seat and have no access to the brake or throttle and very limited access to the steering wheel. Yet we teach millions of new drivers to drive every year and no one is freaking out about it.

Last edited:
I don't understand the line of thinking that FSD beta is dangerous. When sitting in the driver seat you have full access to the brake, throttle and steering wheel instantly, whenever you want. Warren Redlich recently pointed out that a beta version of FSD is less scary than teaching your 15 year old with a learners permit to drive because you have to sit in the passenger seat and have no access to the brake or throttle and very limited access to the steering wheel. Yet we teach millions of new drivers to drive every year.
Agree. But the entire TSLAQ community, most of the press, UAW, as well as lets be honest Biden, are waiting for the smallest hint of an accident to put FUD on Tesla, to limit FSD.

Bingo. Let's completely ignore that nearly no X's were sold in 2021 till this weekend, and no S's till June.

Clickbait BS for their base.
I think the more appropriate way of saying it is that no Model Xs were made until Q4 and virtually no Model Ss were made until Q3, therefore, duh, none were available to sell until those points in 2021.

Reactions: traxila and capster