Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who else is on Team 99?!
DA0CD909-3E43-4EB3-9F22-F0134649AAF9.jpeg

Reactions: jschwefel
Yes.

I was highly leveraged with options starting with the 420 tweet and into and through the promised ridiculously fast M3 ramp. If Tesla had executed at the time and TSLA had run the way it finally did in 2020, I would be a centateslanaire.

Instead I suffered margin calls, heavy losses and almost got wiped out. Lost everything I had made in that first brilliant run in 2013 and more.

I am privileged because I centered myself and was able to recapitalise and leverage up again, although not as aggressively. Regardless, TSLA made me back all my losses plus, plus and it is still cranking, baby!

Wanted to point out that it has been a bumpy road for all long time holders, but some more than others.

I have no doubt that there are plenty of people out there that took losses in TSLA, gave into the FUD, gave up and are watching from the sidelines now wondering what happened.

If anything saved me in the end it was my refusal to give up on BEVs. The reason I had gone all in on Tesla was electric cars. Electric cars, dammit, and if I had to, I would go down with the ship buying them and betting on them. Convictions matter always and some times in the right ways financially too.

We are truly on the way to a world of electric cars and new possibilities! Thank you Tesla and Elon!
Thanks for your post. It IS about BEVs.

I developed a presentation on BEVs and in my research I looked at the history energy and industrialization. The transition from external combustion (steam) to internal combustion could have pivoted a couple different directions.

There were a lot of factors but in the end we went with continued development of reciprocating pistons and all the compounding problems that came with them. BEVs finally correct for that mistake.

In similar fashion, technology could run with LiDAR and suffer through all the ensuing problems for decades or we could solve vision instead. Vision is the better (not easier) path to autonomy.

BEVs are the less wrong future.

This may be off topic, but as it's a Sunday I'm sure the mods will be lenient. ;)

I wanted you all to know that I still don't yet own a Tesla!, but... my target to buy one is a share price of $1000, at which point I'm going to buy an S. :)

I'm getting quite excited now as it could be as soon as the end of the week, I really hope it's before Christmas!

Yup, hope you get your early Christmas present! :D

This may be off topic, but as it's a Sunday I'm sure the mods will be lenient. ;)

I wanted you all to know that I still don't yet own a Tesla!, but... my target to buy one is a share price of $1000, at which point I'm going to buy an S. :)

I'm getting quite excited now as it could be as soon as the end of the week, I really hope it's before Christmas!
I'm afraid you will have to wait quite a while for S... not because of SP :)

Order today and the SP will be around $2k by the time it arrives. :)

I really hope you get one. It’s less than 10% away. Won’t take long.

Order today and the SP will be around $2k by the time it arrives. :)
I just can't bring myself to spend £92k on a family car though, it's not about affordability anymore, I just can't do it! I've decided on a budget of £55k and to be honest, even that is freaking me out a little, it's hard work sometimes being a Yorkshire man lol!! I might rethink my budget for the roadster in a few years time...

8DB91D0C-4F98-4F00-9552-2F02C882F6AC.jpeg
We’ll, I wasn’t expecting this this morning. My Model 3 is number 5977 delivered in February 2018. I purchased FSD and received the computer upgrade sometime ago, but the cameras are still original. Given all the talk about early models needing the cameras upgraded, I didn’t think I’d be getting 10.3 even though my Safety Score is 99.

Wow! This is incredible! After me driving the car for almost four years, now it drives me!!! What Elon, Andre and team have accomplished is truly amazing.

Cheers!

View attachment 725010We’ll, I wasn’t expecting this this morning. My Model 3 is number 5977 delivered in February 2018. I purchased FSD and received the computer upgrade sometime ago, but the cameras are still original. Given all the talk about early models needing the cameras upgraded, I didn’t think I’d be getting 10.3 even though my Safety Score is 99.

Wow! This is incredible! After me driving the car for almost four years, now it drives me!!! What Elon, Andre and team have accomplished is truly amazing.

Cheers!
Only ap 2.0 cars need camera upgrades

Last edited:
View attachment 725010We’ll, I wasn’t expecting this this morning. My Model 3 is number 5977 delivered in February 2018. I purchased FSD and received the computer upgrade sometime ago, but the cameras are still original. Given all the talk about early models needing the cameras upgraded, I didn’t think I’d be getting 10.3 even though my Safety Score is 99.

Cheers!
Nice

Give us your impressions!