Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And did we ever decide if Teslanaire meant you had made over a $ million on TSLA lifetime, or in one day? Asking for a friend :D
Saw this earlier today from a friend... now makes so much more sense!
FCkoGh2X0AcrLoN

Congratulations to all the HODLers on the way to the 4 comma club.
A lot of Teslaquila will probably be spent today....

What a day! I missed the weekend gloating session because I was busy house hunting. Signed the contract yesterday 😁

As the great man Elon Musk once said, time is the ultimate currency. So spend it wisely.

Oh.. and I double nailed it 😂 (tweet was before premarket. Not a prophet, just got lucky)
NOT-an-investment advice: Unless there’s WW3 or Mayor Pete runs the US logistics system into the ground, $1000 SP is going to be a walk in the park by year end.
1635195989969.jpeg

(what an incredible day - I'm busy sending rosy updates to the family members whose investments I manage for them - none as TSLA leveraged as me, but still, a very good day for the family :) . I hope my old work buddies - that I finally told to "BUY TSLA!!" on May 14th when it was only $579 - will buy me a dinner. Or a nice bottle of wine. Or something - c'mon guys..?):

View attachment 725724

That is insane, TSLA market cap almost equal to all the other car makers, COMBINED (yes, blame Lars).

Heck, Tesla might as well built 4 more factories now.

Why would anyone heavily invested or all-in TSLA bother having a financial advisor? I don't know Andrea James of course but she strikes me as someone who knows a lot more than any "financial advisor" whose main job is to influence people to diversify. Looking back, if I had asked anyone other than myself and TMC for advice, I would be orders of magnitude worse off than I am now.
The large brokerages will often assign you one automatically. We have one too - he insists on having "financial review conversation" with us twice a year. Its an entertaining waste of time for me - I don't listen to anything anyways. He was advising me to trim profits on TSLA last year around June/July since our portfolio is too concentrated in TSLA. I said nope, it was fine if the stock lost 50%, I wasn't selling any. Then he tried to convince me to buy put options as insurance on the portfolio - I told him that was a waste of money. He is a nice guy, very young and easily flustered. He has probably classified me as a difficult client, but I can see that he is quite interested in my investment philosophy now. I think he is learning more from me than the other way around. My husband does listen to some extent, although he is slowly changing to follow my path as well.

Nowadays, on the rare occasion I have to call the brokerage, they inform me that my account qualifies for an "executive financial advisor" I always decline, no point in wasting more time on someone I will never listen to anyways.

TMC forums have been life-changing advisors for me in my financial journey. All the knowledge that has benefited us and given us financial security has entirely come from these forums.

Why would anyone heavily invested or all-in TSLA bother having a financial advisor? I don't know Andrea James of course but she strikes me as someone who knows a lot more than any "financial advisor" whose main job is to influence people to diversify. Looking back, if I had asked anyone other than myself and TMC for advice, I would be orders of magnitude worse off than I am now.

Related story, logging into Fidelity today it shows a red stop light and says

your investments may be too aggressive.

If you're retiring in REDACTED years, a change now may improve your retirement outlook

Yeah thanks I think I'm good...

Ha! Actually it did............ I cannot tell a lie, I actually sold a few shares today just before close after holding out the last few weeks from the mid $700's to do so. What a great day! We had helped my brother get a 25 kW ground mount solar system + storage, and we bought my daughter a Model Y recently and needed to make some payments on both of those. The good news is that with this run-up I sold stock that we bought in 2013 for about $3,000 this afternoon for $103,000 today. Ridiculous isn't it? $100,000 gain on that $3,000 investment. But that is how TSLA Math works, as many have already pointed out. Yes it would have been worth much more down the road, but my brother's solar system has already saved 14,355 lbs of CO2 emissions............the same as planting about 108 trees, and my daughter will soon be driving a model Y. I won't live forever, and I do want to plant the trees now under which shade I may never be able to sit - as the ancient Greek saying goes. Besides, I said those were 'some' of the shares we bought in 2013. And those shares are like Queens in the card deck in the movie Rain Man................ "There's lot's of them". Enough in fact that we will be adding an extra scholarship for an Environmental Studies degree for our local high school from our TSLA funded 501C3 we started this year this coming spring if this holds (we were able to give 2 scholarships from that 501C3 this spring already. Thanks Elon & Team!).

virtuous cycle ... buying my kids Tesla's was rattling around my brain today ... caring for the planet begets more caring for the planet ... and the cycle continues

In other words, refuse delivery and revert to the back of the line with whatever the current pricing is at that time.

This I don’t agree with. My EDD has slipped as reliably as rain in Seattle (details below).

Been waiting over a year (battery day order for Plaid) and early last week my advisor stated likelihood of car prior to mid November was low.

So I planned my trip to europe with that in mind. Now, over the weekend I get news to pick it up the day I fly out?

You propose I go to the back of the line and pay $12k more because they can’t get me an EDD I can plan around? Uh uh.

1635197543432.png

Bought 100 shares, prior to the stock split, at $199.05 in 2015 shorty after wife purchased an "S" model as we were very impressed with the car.
When buying the stock, our financial advisor then stated that it would be a foolish buy. I then asked him if he had ever driven a Tesla? He said no.
Made him buy the stock against his wishes. That said, the best stock purchase I have ever made.

Andrea James is one of the OGs who put up a stand for TSLA at Wall Street back in the early part of the decade with much more conviction. The flak Cathie Wood took back in 2018 seems nothing compared to it.

The large brokerages will often assign you one automatically. We have one too - he insists on having "financial review conversation" with us twice a year. Its an entertaining waste of time for me - I don't listen to anything anyways. He was advising me to trim profits on TSLA last year around June/July since our portfolio is too concentrated in TSLA. I said nope, it was fine if the stock lost 50%, I wasn't selling any. Then he tried to convince me to buy put options as insurance on the portfolio - I told him that was a waste of money. He is a nice guy, very young and easily flustered. He has probably classified me as a difficult client, but I can see that he is quite interested in my investment philosophy now. I think he is learning more from me than the other way around. My husband does listen to some extent, although he is slowly changing to follow my path as well.

Nowadays, on the rare occasion I have to call the brokerage, they inform me that my account qualifies for an "executive financial advisor" I always decline, no point in wasting more time on someone I will never listen to anyways.

TMC forums have been life-changing advisors for me in my financial journey. All the knowledge that has benefited us and given us financial security has entirely come from these forums.
Twenty years ago I had 2,000 shares of AAPL. My broker kept calling me telling me that wasn't safe to have so much of my assets in one company. I finally sold half of it to get him off my back and I made more money than the position cost me to begin with. He's a an executive VP now, but still my advisor, so he has a flunky call once a year now and leaves a message that if I have any questions or want to schedule a call with him. Any way it's a learning process. I learned to ignore professionals' advise. It was an expensive lesson. Today was a really good day that came almost halfway to making up for that mistake 20 years later in a single day. Cheers to all the Teslaires.