Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know after hours movement doesn’t mean anything, but still, what’s happening?
17C9ECD8-8FDA-4F58-B6BE-0CC36BFD1195.jpeg

Last edited:
Gary Black's last pull out of TSLA in the mid $800s after peaking in January 2021 measured well with the unexpected six month delay of GF Berlin and GF Austin and significant delays with the Model S & X Refreshes. The new GFs are now imminent and the Refreshes are here, so it is a no brainer that TSLA should be back at its ATH now and resume its climb. Another 40% pull back is no longer in the cards, although minor pull backs are normal and can be expected for a healthy market. How will this play out? Gary Black will lose this one and regret his latest pull out of TSLA, and will buy back in at a much higher price than today. Those in TSLA will prosper. That's how it will play out.
When he pulled out, i was thinking to myself "Gee...you're gonna buy in at a higher price" and then $TSLA declined and he got back in at a lower price (made him look like a genius) and now its at its ATH. I mean, do we here really care when he pulls out? We just go along our merry way, adding along the way, and then ride the rocket to new ATH's next month, next year, in 2 years, etc.

Elon and Tony Seba have been clear showing how renewable energy implementation will reduce the cost of energy to practically zero.

Because the cost of energy is a significant part of the cost of everything sold, this energy transformation will be how funding for UBI will be much easier to accomplish.
Serendipity, here's Tesla Economist' latest on how UBI might work in a Tesla world

Robert Reich at it again with his monthly "Elon Musk is too rich" verbal gonhorrea.

What's wrong with these politicians. Tesla cap gain, or Elon wealth gain has nothing to do with Union. Just like saying: "You guys are very efficient, why don't you be a bit more lousy now that you are making a lot of money"

This is how China eats our lunch :)

Last edited:
85B4BAFF-5CD1-4BEF-8AA2-482C1B7A4327.jpeg

I think news of the even higher price target is what drove the sharp rise at 7 PM . The timing matches.
This is likely to point the way to more PT rises from other analysts since many with buy rating for Tesla have price targets below the current SP, according to a Gary Black tweet this afternoon.

E2ACE6AB-C00D-4EF3-88A7-A9D97F378818.jpeg

Last edited:
So is the AH action simply from rising PTs or what?? Quite a leap in the past hour or so.
Market calculated that EM doesn’t need to sell his shares

Not seeing anything else that could be the cause ….

+ Piper's prior PT for past year was 1200, until recently was like highest on street(IIRC). Even AJ PTs don't cause this much of a stir after hours ;)

Last edited:
Not sure watt's up in the After-hrs, but TSLA surely is: (nearly 20 bucks to $1,057) :D

View attachment 726499

TSLA After-Hours Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 27, 2021 07:22 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1054.31 +16.45 (+1.58%)
After-Hours Volume684,239
After-Hours High$1058.87 (07:09:33 PM)
After-Hours Low$1036.25 (04:00:51 PM)

Cheers!

Piper Jaffrey's new PT of $1,300 which came out at 18:45 ET clearly affected TSLA in the After-hrs, peaking at $1,065 at 7:36 pm with strong volume for late in the session:

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Oct 27, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Oct 28, 2021 04:00 PM ET.

Consolidated Last Sale$1061.01 +23.15 (+2.23%)
After-Hours Volume824,605
After-Hours High
$1065 (07:36:18 PM)
After-Hours Low$1036.25 (04:00:51 PM

Should be interesting to watch the affect on the Pre-market tomorrow.

Cheers!

Forward Observer

Curren thought. . .

Toyota does not want to go electric due to the number of job losses. Failure to think of job loss due to overwhelming EV purchases by human public ~ losing sales in fossil fuel. From my view.

Tesla block buster sales/deliveries 1Q21

Ford, un-event sales (sales were in-events) of EVs, thinks human public not really interested. Failure to demonstrate commitment towards EVs.

Tesla block buster sales/deliveries 2Q21

GM CEO claims they can for sure lead the EV market by 2025 +/-. Failure in leadership.

Tesla block buster sales/deliveries 3Q21

I have either lead or taught leadership all my life. Do not let the retired rank of Major fool you. The fossil fuel CEOs are managers, and in no way leaders. The only leaders, are Elon, Rivian, Nio, or Lucent. The commoner, like me, know what we want regardless of mouthpieces.

Purchases by companies like Hurtz are demonstrating leadership, not follower-ship/management.

Tesla has always had a block buster 4Q

No surprise, these companies have spent decades doing as little as possible as late as possible to meet regulations to the letter (or cheat them).

They dont hang around long enough to be responsible for their actions, the people that hire them wont choose someone who will throw out everything they have now to build something new.

If you look up Toyota in the dictionary it'll send you direct to the sunk cost fallacy.

An interesting tweet from Gary Black - the second tweet here too:

Text in tweet:

How will this play out?
Most of us here think very little of most analysts with their mostly silly price targets. I will never forget Adam Jonas $10 to $500 price target a few years back when the stock was in the 200's.

So Gary is now an analyst of the analysts and this is supposed to be meaningful?