Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MM's not wasting anytime.....immediately trying to get control. Pretty bold of them to keep 1,050 within sight.

If volume keeps up, good luck with that ;)

Hedgies/wedgies (initial) goal for today will be the Upper-BB, already in sight at $1,052.85

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-10-28.10-15.png

MMs will have been delta-hedging all week, and shouldn't give a rip by this point.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Gary once again making himself look silly. Tesla was already the most heavily traded stock out there options-wise except for micro cap stocks. It's not "unsettling" that the volume would go crazy on a big move in the stock 🥱

This is what I dislike about Gary. When he sells some shares, he has no problem posting misleading articles/information to try and get himself a lower entry price. He did this same crap back in Q1 when he sold. He immediately started posting bearish articles on Tesla.

I'm rooting for Tesla to continue higher and form a base over 1,100 so Gary has to pony up if he wants the shares he sold back.

Yeah licking my wounds here....earlier this year I thought it wise to 'diversify' my share holdings which were all in Tesla (since 2014)

So I pulled out $35k from Tesla and invested in Cathie and Tasha at ARK.

Tesla up nearly 50% and ARK down 25% or something - painful

I should have just HODLed as I've done with Tesla so far. Damnit....

ARK funds are about 1.3% of my brokerage account and have almost tripled in value since late 2019/early 2020 when I built the positions. Around a year ago, when ARK funds were on a screaming tear and people were amazed, I cautioned that, over time, funds like ARK's can only be expected to grow in the neighborhood of 15%/year.

What matters is not the performance of a few months but that over years. ARK funds have been wildly outperforming my expectations and I'm upping my long-term expectations to 20% or more annually, averaged over longer, multi-year periods, regardless of when one enters the position. Those who entered earlier could see much higher returns. I'm basing this on the strengthening of my thesis that the world economy will benefit greatly from the transition from the industrial age to the age of technology and new technologies will garner the bulk of the gains. But investing takes time.

I would never take a large position in such funds (although I think most individual investors might be well served to own such funds in place of market indexes) and 1.3% of my portfolio is not very significant. Personally, I took the positions just to force myself to have a stake in the hopes that I could take a larger interest in some of the individual components of the funds (besides TSLA,, LOL). I don't need to own ARK funds in order to do this (ARK holdings are published for all to see) but I've found that having a stake, no matter how minor, can help stimulate a lazy investor like me. 🤫

This is what I dislike about Gary. When he sells some shares, he has no problem posting misleading articles/information to try and get himself a lower entry price. He did this same crap back in Q1 when he sold. He immediately started posting bearish articles on Tesla.

I'm rooting for Tesla to continue higher and form a base over 1,100 so Gary has to pony up if he wants the shares he sold back.

I keep hearing here he sold his shares but don’t recall him posting that this time. He did post that he sold $1250 covered calls for this week.

Off topic:

I would appreciate some thoughts from others on my situation. Please do not reply here. Instead, please send a private message to me if you are willing to share your thoughts.

I'm purchasing a house and need to sell some shares for the down payment. I could take a line of credit loan from the broker. I dislike taking on more debt, but there are opinions here that tsla may run up for the remainder of this year. I realize no one knows for certain, but I'd like to read some thoughts or ideas on how best to do this. I've never sold a single share so this feels a bit wrong, even though it has been in my plan since I sold my last house in 2019 and put much of the equity into tsla.

First world problem.
Actually, I would also be interested in this topic as well. For my REQUIRED RRIF withdrawals which began when I retired this year, I'm moving shares to a non-registered account, and only selling the minimum # of shares to cover the withholding tax. Yesterday was my first ever sale of TSLA shares that I've been holding with diamond hands since Jan 2016. It was relatively painless when I looked at what they actually cost me almost 6 years ago.

Currently Island shopping, and taking Flying lessons to keep me occupied in the mean time, hoping to soon join the airborne members (@OrthoSurg , @BornToFly, +?) of this community.

I would also like to add my voice to the chorus of Thanks for the invaluable contributions to this forum by so many intelligent, articulate individuals from such a wide range of back-grounds, experience and geographic locations, which gave me the confidence not only to hold through the tough times, but to go all in during the darkest days of early 2019.

Edit to add: 10 years ago, the situation I'm in today was in-fathomable. Thank-you TSLA! Thank-you TMC!

🛩️👨‍✈️

I keep hearing here he sold his shares but don’t recall him posting that this time. He did post that he sold $1250 covered calls for this week.
He did, not all, but he did.

Unless he deleted the tweet, it should be there. I saw the tweet myself of him saying the stock had run too far on Monday and that he sold some of his position.

I will say though, he might have already bought back those shares over the past couple of days. If he did, he hasn't posted it on twitter.

Last edited:
I find this forum's analysis of stock price movements interesting. If I understand correctly, it goes something like this:

Stock price goes down: "Darned market manipulators"
Stock price goes up: "Finally the fundamental truth about the stock could not be manipulated any longer."

Dunno, seems kind of simplistic to me..

Right....when Mike Tyson stops punching me, it only makes sense that he's helping me feel better when he stops.

Hold your horses on all those island purchases. Craig Irwin says the stock is headed to $250

That just does not compute. His price target is $250, current price is over $1000, so more than 400% overpriced, clearly that SCREAM SELL.
Yet, he reiterates "Neutral" rating. Clearly, he can't even agree with himself -- total disconnect from reality. Reality distortion field cranked to 11.

Gary once again making himself look silly. Tesla was already the most heavily traded stock out there options-wise except for micro cap stocks. It's not "unsettling" that the volume would go crazy on a big move in the stock 🥱

This is how bulls turn to bears (or even full out TSLAQ). They make a bad call and then instead of owning up to their own mistake and buying back in, they blame their loss on Tesla and start to hate the company. I’ve seen it many times on Twitter and from Youtubers. Humans are funny creatures.

This is how bulls turn to bears (or even full out TSLAQ). They make a bad call and then instead of owning up to their own mistake and buying back in, they blame their loss on Tesla and start to hate the company. I’ve seen it many times on Twitter and from Youtubers. Humans are funny creatures.
Very much true, but in this case, I think Gary was clearly hoping for a strong pullback and was day trading. I just think it's in bad taste to use your twitter account with your followers to try and add to the selling pressure to get in a slightly cheaper share price.

He did, not all, but he did.

Unless he deleted the tweet, it should be there. I saw the tweet myself of him saying the stock had run too far on Monday and that he sold some of his position.

I will say though, he might have already bought back those shares over the past couple of days. If he did, he hasn't posted it on twitter.

I’d be curious to know if anyone else saw that tweet. I didn’t see anything like that, and he’s been bullish all week. If he sold, I’d expect a bunch of people calling him out about it in the comments and I don’t see that at all.

I have mentioned multiple times. TSLA price action have been in pretty tight ranges the last few months. This means all buying are well paced and calculated, and not from impulse. I am pretty confident that SP spring back yesterday and today are again real and will hold. Let's wish Gary good lucks :)

....or former posters whose names start win "N"...