Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mid-afternoon musing:

I’m beginning to think that my aspirations to create a Zambian Institute of Technology & Science might not be a very good one.
Would you only teach black heads? or white heads too? Maybe just any head that pops in?

Is it fur uncles or for other extended family members?

boy i'll really go overboard on the puns sometimes.

Held my shares. Master of my domain.
Impressive restraint.
D809F445-ED17-46BB-A59C-27BE0AA10E1E.gif

Last edited:
Anyone else here feel a tad uneasy having a considerable portion of their net worth tied up in a company controlled by a 50 year old adolescent?

Have you seen the number of re-tweets? There ain't no such thing as bad publicity.

ATH also means all Shorts are underwater;)
Additional benefit: all Longs are green. Even those that bought in at yesterday's ATH. ;)

Condolences. I'm curious (FOMO being a thing, and all), what was the approx. change in price on those contracts between Oct 20th and 29th?

It is so hard to catch a top!

Cheers!
I sold 1325 CC 2 days ago with a end of November expiry. I wanted to see how fast I learn how to manage a losing position it seems.
No kidding. I gave a ride to a 30-something guy over the summer. He had a nearly brand new Toyota adventure vehicle that he seemed quite proud of (probably a trust funder) and liked to hike and ski. He seemed to be above average in intelligence and life skills. After he had ridden about 5 miles and complemented me on the car he added that he had no idea Tesla's were such nice cars. At some point I mentioned how nice it was to not have to go to gas stations. This confused him and he wanted to know how much gas the tank held. I told him it didn't use any gas. His jaw dropped but obviously he didn't fully believe me because I still had to confirm twice more that it was 100% electric. He kept saying "No gas?" in disbelief. This was after I had driven him 5 miles and he heard how quiet it was. His mind was blown! I could see the wheels spinning in his head as he tried to come to terms with a car that didn't have a gas tank. How he had not heard of this, I'll never know because he seemed like a normal person of above average curiosity and intelligence.

I think I was blown away that he didn't know about BEV's almost as much as he was blown away that BEV's were possible and actually existed. He thought all electrified cars were hybrids. This was only three or four months ago! The speed of this transition to BEV's is going to blow away even Tesla bulls.
this reminds me a colleague I studied with who works in another hospital. After 3 days on call working like crazy, he thought he deserved to treat himself and stopped at the Audi dealer coming back from work and he bought without really thinking an Audi RS3. We had a conference 2 months after where I lifted everyone in my Model 3 in the morning. He said he regretted his compulsive buying and should have bought a Tesla instead. He didn’t know how nice the interior was and how incredible was the performance. One of the other guys I lifted I trained with ended up buying a LR Model 3 3 months later after that test drive and he has been enjoying it ever since. He will be purchasing a Model Y for his wife to replace her Subaru Forester next year.

What a week. Four wins by an average of almost 41 points. The stands have been packed with more than 1/3 more fans the last 10 games than the season average. A season high 21 games over 0.500. Just amazing performance by the home team. TSLA is now up more than 57% YTD.

Today
Score:1,114.00
Margin of W/L:36.96
Attendance:29,758,122
High - Low:42.00
Season
Record:115-94
Total margin of wins:1,945.03
Total margin of losses:-1,536.70
YTD gain/loss:408.3357.86%
Price/52 week high99.9%
Best Win:115.18Oct 25