Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Celebrating the new TSLA All Time Highs:

PXL_20211101_212710767.jpg

This is from inside my newly constructed Cybrtrck-inspired house
LarUAJijB78r7ZlSBXVr0j5eG2v8GAxsJjK9khN74Hw0OgFwC1XSlYfb7gDSPLKphBnymM0XO9wu2LW-Ry1OPzdJAdHMzaJ84UXtzVwfoVp0ceozdl-C47qGllpW8Fe3IBYJw9f7ugFENpGJXQO3NacZkyBRsndwqDP4InfFMAXSW149poETbp_Jndle1GeSqThXXuTGpji-iYuu4eL0318cYYzzbf0rKTQco3Og0s-7j7Vs6lKSuOM1RKlKq9fnKBQ6W-X9gJLFr60-I59T3NSMfajMVMWNyDLrbWYYqmlNzZ0-WU3lySX5j3RdR0CFM2z4Cj3QsLHuPUQP8vNnlGLRAiy6znY5BFIV6gm3Td1dt76k-vwWTED2MRoeZrr-LDKHcJexv7ose4QIRnuYhOplpOZdfx-lpH_2wDS4sH82_bWqrWtwN9Nf8bYiQZgJ7yZ_czg5aHjDa8JiLHk-mZPu6y0U-GDbUC2-_CEs5gerLYGmDi5sEJLp2sGjzP5_JR_3hw4KeFl_LRu49gkERPjCNS_C7K-cIQwGtYI0xP8vr63lhoo7DAaNG4W6rv8lcsl4jJuQqCv74nNNFCDaX3DbEEVKDuuTvJ6dJec9-OUY9mEcIdOBFMk58oez78Cc6GbPryHwwB0kduzOBMNoYY8D-9sDnZNj4Cjrg6c4Os81JuddW5dvbM2OxzYB7Bu5UvPhxUpV0CqsdIfIhEGHnU0x=w948-h711-no

Another 39% higher, and Tesla will surpass Amazon to become the 4th largest U.S. stock.

(assuming Amazon stays where it is)

At that point Stephanie "I don't follow Tesla, can't recommend it" Link might have to start paying attention
Will Bezos throw another tantrum when this happens? We shall know soon but the suspense is killing me.

From CleanTechnica:

To use these stations, EV owners need to download the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher). Here are more details:
  1. Download the Tesla app (version 4.2.3 or higher) for iOS or Android and create a Tesla Account.
  2. Select “Charge Your Non-Tesla” and find your Supercharger site.
  3. Add your payment method, plug-in your car, select a stall and tap “Start Charging.”
  4. Select “Stop Charging” to complete your session.
Note that you have to select the actual charging stall that you plan to use, unless unlike Tesla drivers who can just plug in at any of them and charging starts automatically.
Gridserve's is similar, but gives you the option of remembering car. From memory this is in both app & from charger screen (demo, not sure if live yet).

Therefore, I suspect that (for CCS - which communicates VIN)
1) Payment method is remembered in Tesla App for non-Tesla owners (as it is for Tesla owners)
2) App can be set up to remember vehicles
3) Some CCS systems that should do this don't or aren't reliable
4) Tesla + software prowess, it'll get done IF it can be done
5) I think there will eventually be CCTV, AI & all sorts to look at how many spaces are needed (different charge port locations), number plate recognition and apply idle fees/notifications depending on how full the site is. Empty site, park like Bjorn Nyland, cover 3 spaces minimum, try for 4. Busy site, pay idle fess for blocking extra stalls. Full, pay lots of idle fees or move on.
6) New sites will be more versatile, non-Teslas will be encouraged to navigate/use these

What a day....
I just want to take a moment to thank my fellow TMCers/Investment World peeps. When we bought our Model X several years ago; everyone around us thought my husband and I were crazy. How dare I buy such an expensive car!! However, after driving it--and I mean on Day One-- the world sort of whooshed by and I had the "butterfly moment" (a la @lafrisbee) I couldn't stop talking about the car and the company; to the point that I'm sure I alienated a lot of people, lol!

You all helped me to stay obsessed. Your insight, inquisitiveness and conviction got me through many a crazy TSLA spell. I read this site first thing in the morning, as well as my last waking moment each night. I've turned to the forum on celebratory days and on "What the.." days. To each and every one of you, from the bottom of my heart-THANK YOU.

Napkin math says that Elon is now wealthier than Bezos and Gates combined…

He's closing in on the all time American record...

With a peak net worth of approximately US$418 billion in 2019 dollars, American oil magnate John D. Rockefeller is the richest person in American history, and the richest person in the post-Industrial Revolution era.

Reactions: capster
Anything that rises that fast will come down before it rises again. So for people like me there is still opportunity to buy more on a pull back. TSLAQ and the media will help me get there. They aren't working hard. Maybe Missy, Homendy and Biden will help.

You could have used that logic last week... And you'd have been wrong.

S&P is up 0.18%, and Tesla contributed 0.20% points to that. Any institutional investor benchmarking to the S&P 500 without 2.3% allocated to Tesla is failing. They can't just hold other megacaps or other automakers and hope to keep up with their benchmark. They must have specific exposure to Tesla.
Financial Institutions and their Mutual Funds and Investment Bankers compete vigorously against each other. In order to stay relevant they must carry the market movers. I remember Nortel Networks (a public telecommunications and data networking equipment manufacturer) had the largest market cap for a Canadian company ($100B) back in 2000. At the time ALL of my Mutual Funds carried the maximum weight of 5% of NN, not just my Science & Tech Mutual Funds, but non related Medicine, Financial, Oil & Gas and other non-related sectors. If the fund managers were not carrying the winner of the day, they were not competitive with their returns to their Customers and would lose their business to other Financial Institutions who were carrying the winner. This is now happening with Tesla. Every fund manager needs TSLA. As more and more funds are allowed to purchase TSLA for their Customers (i.e. once Tesla turns Investment Grade another tranche will unfold, once PE Ratio falls <200 another tranche will unfold, and so on) fund managers will want to be first in, and they will want to maximize their exposure (most funds are limited to 5% weight of any one company although others such as Ark Invetments are higher). There are thousands of funds that currently are unable to buy TSLA today due to self imposed or government mandated conditions. As these conditions are met, TSLA will be bought with both outstretched hands. Count on it.

Now that TSLA already zipped pass the PT, they will raise it again soon, and TSLA will sure race to beat it again. Talking about self-fulfilling prophecy :)

That’s not how things work. Price targets and ratings are based on a company’s performance, not on the stock price. Price targets are raised when a company’s financials improve (usually after earnings), not because the stock runs higher than the price target. In fact, a big run-up past an analyst’s price target can result in him lowering the rating from buy to hold or even sell.