Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“The sound of Tesla bears wailing and gnashing their teeth is audible from 50 paces.” 🤣

So, essentially, Winter is going to be particularly hard on those bears going into hibernation without stonking up on fat to get them through the cold dark days to come.

Likely to hear their stomachs grumbling from 50 paces as well. 😏

Last edited:
Yeah, Max Pain is up $35 to $1155, Highest Call level up up $100 to $1,300 (over 28K Open contracts at that strike). Then, there's the Pre-market action (here's til 8 am)

View attachment 729546

Nope, Nothing to see. :p

Cheers!

Definitely a storm is brewing - or the pressure is ON - either it pops today or it pops next week or at the latest next month, at least once +5% say, all the way to 20%. Note [self patting myself on the back, then again you could have done so too, like some who were kind enough to let me know] I did call that 1200 break point and a clear 99% winning lottery ticket.

FIN.SCHWB.options.1150C.Nov05..211028.1054.jpg

Part of my HFT analysis predicting a 1300 - 1850 range (90% prob) by Dec 31

Alas I did NOT follow my own advice ( per Jesse Livermore see above) and sold too early for some meager 3X return.

.. OK back to "work" .. some folks still have a hobby to attend to - my non advice: don't bet against the incoming tide going UP

PS. for @Knightshade: no worries, I bought more tickets, this one was really to encourage folks to pile up and help with that 2nd Gamma Squeeze that was going to happen anyway (and it did, hah ha).

I know this is subjective, but to me the spartan Tesla interior is "premium feeling". Less clutter and buttons, most functions elegantly integrated into the single screen, it just feels well thought out to me and very customizable while still being future proof to a large degree. "Normal" interiors with lots of buttons and switches and gizmos feel terribly outdated to me now.
I know this is subjective - but there are quite some things you can't get in Teslas today that people value:
- active matrix headlights
- heads-up display
- TACC with LaneAssist >150kmh
- premium Seats (ventilated, length adjustable, side-wall adjustable etc..)
- more color choices than my hand has fingers ;)

The seat part is the one that bugs me personally - so if German SuC open up I might consider an Audi myself - selling my Tesla but not my TSLA ;)

Peter Rawlinson wants to let you know that Tesla's 4680's aren't a big deal.

That's hilarious. Not only is the battery itself a more efficient design, but more importantly the manufacturing process of the 4680 is the truly tremendous breakthrough.

Either Peter is being devious or he actually doesn't understand this. Either way it's a bad look for him as the Lucid CEO.

That's hilarious. Not only is the battery itself a more efficient design, but more importantly the manufacturing process of the 4680 is the truly tremendous breakthrough.

Either Peter is being devious or he actually doesn't understand this. Either way it's a bad look for him as the Lucid CEO.
Well if we look at the full quote from the article:

""I do think there's an upside to going to large format." he says. "That would reduce internal resistance, and that's a valuable step forward. But people are looking at 4680 as this huge breakthrough, and that's a fantasy.""

The format itself is a step forward - Tesla scaling their own manufacturing of cells is a breakthrough, but I wouldn't object too hard with his quote.

I looked away for 2 mins and the SP dropped over $10. MMs really want to set the tone early.
They think 1225 is easy money today....we shall see! I'm gonna set a few orders and walk away today. We need a breather just like the stock.

In retrospect, Elon tweeting to cool down the SP run-up was absolute genius. We're letting the market catch up a bit and get comfortable with this new reality. Tons and tons and tons of funds still need to buy in order to get the balance they need. I'm not worried about anything pushing us into a real correction.

4Q looms large and with it a potential upgrade out if junk bond status. That's massive. And then there's the next split.......

@Gigapress, you numbers don't lie, however calculating based on driving one million miles is not realistic. Personally I plan to keep my Model 3 for 30 years and average 12,000 km per year (total 360,000 km) increasing my cost basis X3 as someone who drives one million miles on their Tesla. Also, although 12,000 km per year is average for driving annually, most owners will trade their Tesla in for a newer model after three, five or ten years, thereby again increasing the cost bases by several X times. Agree Tesla's proposition is much more efficient than ICE, just not quite as high based on real conditions for most all owners.
That’s for personal ownership by the original, private owner.

The real value will become apparent with commercial (Robotaxi and the like) fleets where the cars aren’t sitting idle most of the time. Also the value in the second hand market in developed countries as well as a second, long life in markets in the rest of the world. Finally, there’s the value in the battery in stationary storage if the body and/or chassis fails first.

I know this is subjective - but there are quite some things you can't get in Teslas today that people value:
- heads-up display

The seat part is the one that bugs me personally - so if German SuC open up I might consider an Audi myself - selling my Tesla but not my TSLA ;)
- TACC with LaneAssist >150kmh -> Tesla have this autopilot can drive the car to 150 km/h more is not autorise by regulators not the fault of Telsa
- premium Seats (ventilated, length adjustable,etc..) -> On new S -X is comming back
- - active matrix headlights -> If you visited when Berlin made is party the new cars have the matrix led but it's not use for the moment but it's a matrix led projector.

- heads-up display

It might be helpful if you also looked at it from the other perspective and listed all the things you can’t get in a non-Tesla vehicle.

I assure you the list is more vast and includes far more important everyday features that a larger group of people can appreciate than the elites who would buy the vehicle you’ve described.

Let’s just take the group of people who both own a car and a dog, and the ability to now take that dog with them at anytime of year, anywhere in the world, and leave it unattended inside the vehicle knowing it’ll be comfortable and safe.

Let’s just take the group of people who both own a car and a dog, and the ability to now take that dog with them at anytime of year, anywhere in the world, and leave it unattended inside the vehicle knowing it’ll be comfortable and safe.
But not a cat...because cats are mean and will claw up the interior.

- TACC with LaneAssist >150kmh -> Tesla have this autopilot can drive the car to 150 km/h more is not autorise by regulators not the fault of Telsa

This is simply not true.

There's no regulatory limits on this in the US and AP is still limited to 90 mph (roughly 145 kmh)-- and on vision-only cars the limit is even lower (again not due to regulation at all).

This is a limit of the system- not regulation.

- premium Seats (ventilated, length adjustable,etc..) -> On new S -X is comming back
- - active matrix headlights -> If you visited when Berlin made is party the new cars have the matrix led but it's not use for the moment but it's a matrix led projector.
This is a really important topic for TSLA dominance, "What is TSLA's 'Model T oil drip' or 'lack of color choice' or motivation dissatisfier?"

Whenever I explore things that motivate space for another brand (invite competition), I discover that the TSLA reason is sound. And the right choice for the business.

This is really dangerous topic, as it is about pet peeves and some people cannot let go.

To make the pet peeve topic safe for the forum members, I would suggest as Robert's rules of order:
  1. The case must be labeled.
  2. The case must be presented in a single power point slide
  3. That slide must be presented as a thumbnail image
Further, the case can only be presented once.

Since I have no gripes about my Tesla, here is an example of such a post as a template for future emotionally dangerous TSLA oil spot issues. Please note the brevity, ease of scanning, ease of documenting (you just download the thumbnail) and it forces the poster to do work by making the power point slide:

Title: Mad at Maxxis
Motivation: They have the best tread compound for clay soils, but they are lagging on XC tread patterns because of "Not invented by me 'the designer'" syndrome.​
Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.37.38 AM.png
Final last word: The Bontrager XR3 should their design. It copies the Maxxis Minion corner blocks in a fast rolling, high confidence, edge-to-edge tread block design. They are such idiots!
If people are willing to actually do the work, an Oil Spot Complaint thread could be spawned. I could not find a legitimate fault with the vehicle that has not been addressed. Putting the work requirement up front should act as a qualifier. Maybe things will get better signal to noise wise.

Well if we look at the full quote from the article:

""I do think there's an upside to going to large format." he says. "That would reduce internal resistance, and that's a valuable step forward. But people are looking at 4680 as this huge breakthrough, and that's a fantasy.""

The format itself is a step forward - Tesla scaling their own manufacturing of cells is a breakthrough, but I wouldn't object too hard with his quote.

He’s right in that the format itself is only a small improvement, but people use “4680” as shorthand for the slew of improvements that are present in the new cells (tabless design, high nickel, high silicon, structural, dry electrode, etc).