Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Weekend mitigation from the houses that want the SP to be up ;)

I Spy with My Little Eye 👁️ Something with the Initials "BAF"

You got it . . . .Jefferies has a price target of $1,400 and upside target of $1,600 with GAAP EPS for 2022 of $6.73. Only $6.73 !!
My most recent GAAP EPS for 2022 is about $5 higher at $11.80. At some point, they'll need to revise their price target above $1,400 and by quite a bit.

1636340858924.png

I Spy with My Little Eye 👁️ Something with the Initials "BAF"

You got it . . . .Jefferies has a price target of $1,400 and upside target of $1,600 with GAAP EPS for 2022 of $6.73. Only $6.73 !!
My most recent GAAP EPS for 2022 is about $5 higher at $11.80. At some point, they'll need to revise their price target above $1,400 and by quite a bit.

View attachment 730514
They have that price target AND say this in their thesis:

"VW or GM may soon sell more EVs than Tesla..."

Wow, I honestly can't believe I'm reading that with that price target and EPS estimate.

The stage play for this weekend's tax-related Kabuki Theatre was all blocked out well in advance (with Actors) in this interview: (Google/Youtube really needs to work up a beta 'Elon-to-English' translator, but its all in there)

Elon Musk CodeCon Interview Tue, Sep 28, 2021 Selling TSLA to execute Options in Q4 and paying 53% income tax

39:00 - "The success of SpaceX and Tesla was far from assured and there were many times when it looked like the companies would, and they did, they skirted bankruptcy many times. But I never tried to take money off the table and now this has been trying to be turned around and made into a bad thing and this is, that's messed up."​
39:20 - "Just before my stock options expire then I am forced to exercise and my top marginal tax rate is 53% so I don't think that's particularly low and it's going to go up next year. It's like probably 57% or something and you sell.​
"I have a bunch of options that are expiring early next year so I'm... that's a huge block of options will sell in Q4 because I have to, they'll expire and my top marginal tax rate is 53 percent so you'll eventually pay a lot of taxes. Massive, yeah. I mean basically, majority of what I sell will be tax."​
41:36 - "You pay them when you Open, yes and a huge amount will be paid in next three months because of expiring options."​

The thing about Kabuki Theatre is, at the end of the weekend, the Crowd is entertained and the Actors all go home...

Cheers!

Im looking to buy some more shares tomorrow. Hope it works out for both of us.

Be aware of the trigger SP tomorrow for the Uptick Rule

$1,222.09 * 0.90 = $1,099.88​

IMO if that level is reached, it will trigger a cascade of buying interest from BM'd funds, a wave of covering by shortzes, as well as the 2-day period prohibiting short sales at below the market price. Predict V-shaped SP action.

Good luck to all!

Everyone seems certain price will crater on Monday. Usally TSLA reacts the opposite way to expectations lately. Elons selling doesn’t change Tesla company fundamentals in any way whatsoever so I’m unsure why it would cause a huge dump in the toilet for the stock price.

==========

Changing topics completely.

I’m really happy that Tesla finally got rid of the ridiculous naming of the “SR+” 3. It’s now just Model 3. Same with Model Y (where available, the SR model Y has had the “sr“ removed). Also just seen that they also dropped the “Long Range” from the model S & X.

Be aware of the trigger SP tomorrow for the Uptick Rule

$1,222.09 * 0.90 = $1,099.88​

IMO if that level is reached, it will trigger a cascade of buying interest from BM'd funds, a wave of covering by shortzes, as well as the 2-day period prohibiting short sales at below the market price. Predict V-shaped SP action.

Good luck to all!
You guys are actually thinking that a 10% drop is possible?
I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out so much. It has been known for a while that Elon needs to sell something as his stock options were expiring and he was better off doing it this year than next year when the tax rate is likely going to be higher. I posted the following in the selling options thread, but fits here as well.
This will be a nothing burger. He had already warned that he may have to sell some stock due to expiring options next year, I think it is just simply his typical way of doing exactly that. If he was to just quietly sell some stock, can you imagine to hoopla over him selling - this about how the reaction is every time ARK sells TSLA even though their by-rules are well known.

My opinion - Elon is just playing 4D chess as always. He needs to sell anyways to generate cash to exercise his stock options. He could borrow, but those numbers are getting ridiculous. It is better to sell this year and pay 2021 taxes than wait till next year when the tax rates for the highest bracket will have already increased. The Twitter poll is his way of getting the opportunity to sell, get all the public awareness to the nonsense about taxing billionaires, not cause backlash from people asking what happened to his "first in last out" philosophy. For him, it is all win-win. Plus, give him some credit, he is not stupid to dump 2% of TSLA shares suddenly on the market. This will be done with a plan in place and we will hardly even notice.
Maybe my post will not age well, but really, what is the big deal that he is selling some shares? I am enjoying all the drama - not planning to buy any more shares no matter how low we go, I have more than ever imagined in my wildest dreams. May have fun trading some options during the volatility ;)

Everyone seems certain price will crater on Monday. Usually TSLA reacts the opposite way to expectations lately. Elons selling doesn’t change Tesla company fundamentals in any way whatsoever so I’m unsure why it would cause a huge dump in the toilet for the stock price.
The idea is people will rush to sell now so they can buy back later on the dip after Elon sells. Sort of like a toilet paper shortage (but IIUC that was at least partly real due to the difference between commercial and household TP).