Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserve Your Tickets Early for the Q4 Fireworks

Yellow Highlighted Numbers:
First month of Q1 - 21,484
First month of Q2 - 25,845
First month of Q3 - 33,345
First month of Q4 - 54,391

What a start to the quarter !! Although Oct deliveries of 54k are below Sep numbers of 56k, note that in Sep, Tesla drew down inventory as it produced 50k units while shipping the 56k units (see orange boxes below). Inventory in Shanghai is now thin so I estimate that Oct Production was somewhere between 52k-56k units - showing production growth to Sep despite the Oct holiday.

View attachment 730605

Serious inquiry: Given that Elon seems poised to receive after-tax proceeds exceeding $20B from today's sale of 10% of his existing stock, I have the following questions:
  • how much of that cash will he require to execute his 2018 CEO stock options which expire in August 2022?
  • in other words, how much surplus cash will Elon have left after hoodwinking the shortzes and hedgies into paying 56% of his income tax bill for him, AND also giving him this 5% discount on his newly acquired shares, and
  • then (most critically), if Elon chose to invest JUST HALF of those surplus funds in hookers and blow, and wasted the other half on MOAR TSLA, what would that be like?
TIA.

Steady buying interest now on heavy volume. Most likely the 'toots' come in after 8 a.m. :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-08.10-15.png

Cheers to the Longs!

Serious inquiry: Given that Elon seems poised to receive after-tax proceeds exceeding $20B from today's sale of 10% of his existing stock, I have the following questions:
  • how much of that cash will he require to execute his 2018 CEO stock options which expire in August 2022?
  • in other words, how much surplus cash will Elon have left after hoodwinking the shortzes and hedgies into paying 56% of his income tax bill for him, AND also giving him this 5% discount on his newly acquired shares, and
  • then (most critically), if Elon chose to invest JUST HALF of those surplus funds in hookers and blow, and wasted the other half on MOAR TSLA, what would that be like?
TIA.
So he is selling all 10% of his existing stock TODAY?

Even papa can't tank the stock anymore. Thanks to vacation on West Coast time (I don't know how you guys handle the markets this early) I missed the lowest point of the dip but sold a couple puts and bought back some trading shares I had sold.

If we wind up mostly flat after this that is extremely bullish as it suggests the run has a solid foundation.

Pepsico CEO just said on CNBS that they are taking delivery of electric trucks from Tesla in Q4 when asked by Cramer about green truck.

Here's confirmation from Reuters: PepsiCo to take delivery of Tesla electric trucks in fourth quarter - CNBC

Excerpt:

PepsiCo Inc (PEP.O) will get its first set of Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) electric trucks in the fourth quarter, the packaged food maker's top boss Ramon Laguarta said in a interview to CNBC on Monday.

The maker of Mountain Dew soda and Doritos chips in December 2017 reserved 100 of Tesla's electric semi trucks as it sought to reduce fuel costs and fleet emissions.

Transportation accounts for 10% of PepsiCo's gas emissions, according to Laguarta. The company had previously said it aims to use the trucks to ship snack foods and beverages between manufacturing and distribution centers as well as to retailers.