Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seem to be unaware of the magnitude of Options trading betting against TSLA. Last week, it was TWICE as the entire rest of the Market combined. MMs and hedgies have given up on any facade of legitimate trading activies, and are now simply using their position of priviledge and exemptions from Securities laws to attempt to bury the most successful American company in the past 40 years. Shameful.
I was thinking about this a bit more, and I admit I do not understand "attempt to bury" part. I would assume that by now MM and HdgFunds would be to smart not to bet on long term SP trajectory. I can see how they could benefit from and likely generate volatility, making money on rapid moves in both directions, like wolves chasing sheep up and down the hill and nipping at the stragglers.

Are you saying the MM and HF still had net short position coming into this week?

I maybe missing how block trades work, is it possible that HF sold short large blocks last week to satisfy demand from active asset managers and now backfill that short positions at depressed prices?

Last edited:
Are you sure? There seems to be almost no support. 1150 got broken after retesting like 2 times. 1080 broke. 1050 broke easily.
We're going straight down to low 900s.
Of course I'm sure. :rolleyes: (tweet pending later today is my prediction.)
I'm more sure it will hit 1200+ this week than you of going to low 900's or 8's.
But if no tweet today, you bet they'll try to take it down another 10% tomorrow and you could be right, but then the trendline kicks in at about 950 for me and buyer will be collecting like crazy!

WHY? Why are people so obsessed about filling gaps. Is it some OCD thing?!
If a stock gaps-up it's usually for a good reason. Not logical that it would have to return there just because.
I've got a gap between my teeth too. Been meaning to get the dentist to take care of it, but now I think it gives me some character. LOL!

Dan

It always amazes me how many confessions of genius selling of Tesla stock at its most recent high we hear about every time there's a major pull back. Hell, some even have to create a new username just to get on here and spout about how smart they are and how they told everyone.

Odd that no one posted their sell BEFORE the dip.

If you didn't post it beforehand, it didn't happen.

And more importantly, what do these people think their reporting of a sell last week really matters to anyone here now?

Last edited:
StrongGuy2 said:
Hey, guys. StrongGuy here. I forgot the login credentials of my original account, so I made a new one.

I'm glad to see many of you who mocked me have been humbled. Any reasonable person could have figured out that 1200 was the top this rally. I sold my shares at 1210 on Friday and look forward to buying in ~900.
Reality strikes in
SmartSelect_20211109-123930_Firefox.jpg

StrongGuy, wrong about account, wrong about Tesla

Hey, guys. StrongGuy here. I forgot the login credentials of my original account, so I made a new one.

I'm glad to see many of you who mocked me have been humbled. Any reasonable person could have figured out that 1200 was the top this rally. I sold my shares at 1210 on Friday and look forward to buying in ~900.
actually I wanted to give a smiley emoji… but thick fingers from buying again at bargain prices… so yes tell us again when you will be buying in and wgat delta that brought you
thx in advance

• Love
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I rolled my Jan 23 2225 CCs to Jan 23 1900 for like 26$ per contract.

I am a Call buyer now ... going shopping ;)
Beware that IV maybe exceptionally high right now and today prices of long term Calls maybe inflated.
Paying inflated price for long Call may offset much of future gain from SP rise.

Robert Reich cares so much about the little person that he takes lavishly compensated university sinecures that are paid for by students taking on crushing amounts of non-dischargeable student debt. #heroofthepeople
He is one for solidarity! Reports say he is not particularly tall himself ... physically and, it seems, philosofically or morally. Only explanation.

Ok the bottom should be around 1030 as I just sold shares at that price to pay for the down payment on the house. I did look into a loan on my shares. Loan officer for house stated that would likely upset underwriting and lead to a delay in closing. Sellers have a contingent offer so I wasn't going to do that to them.

Should have sold on Friday when I was thinking of it but momentum seemed there for Monday.

First time selling. I have more shares, thankfully, but that didn't feel good.

First world problems. I'm thankful for what the Telsa team are doing and the side effect of helping our investments. Thanks everyone here for sharing your views and advice.