Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And who was the only person here who timed the 1200 correctly? You can check my previous account's posts. I literally said 1200 was the top this rally.

Why brag about intelligence if you're wrong?
How did you know Elon was going to create a Twitter poll and sell his shares? Because that's the only reason you were "right".

Beware that IV maybe exceptionally high right now and today prices of long term Calls maybe inflated.
Paying inflated price for long Call may offset much of future gain from SP rise.

contract prices down by ~ 100 bucks in 1100-1200 strikes ... + showing that not every thing is just based on IV.
Sold jan 23 2000 CC calls against jan 24 leaps - one way to negate the IV. cheers!!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I'm in the same boat- just put in an order at $1020. More than double my last share purchase, if it executes.

My original limit order was at 1025$ but I changed it for 1035$ like an hour ago. I thought I missed my chance for 1025$ but seems I was a little too impatient :oops:

Anyway in the long term, 1025, 1035... Doesn't matter at all, it's still super cheap 😎

lots of noise today, but no change in the fundamentals which remain pheonominal.

I started buying in 2017 and continue to buy today. I've sold a different position earlier and added another 116 TSLA shares today.

No calls or puts for me... just long term hold.
If we hit $995, I will be the proud owner of 200 new shares.
Will I own more TSLA, today, tomorrow or never?

Andrea James was asked by Dave Lee how a re-rating of a company stock is determined. She said it's based on if institutions are willing to buy during an offering and what they are willing to pay.

If Elon's shares are fully absorbed at current levels by the market, then the stock has been re-rated, served as a check point in a video game as you will. Tesla was re-rated after 5 for one split in the 400s and then by the s&p at the 600-700s. This serves as another re-rating so people need to just chill.

Huh. I actually had no idea my old account got banned.
In any case, I just wanted to let you guys know that I was right and you guys were wrong.

I'll be taking my leave now. Enjoy the dip!
I just wanted to give you a heads up that both of your accounts will be banned soon.
Even if they have the same password and your remember both you will not be able to log in unfortunately.
We won’t need to create another account to say that we told you so!

it always puzzles me those who choose to spend precious time on negativity.

a question for the trolls:
so which are each of you….psycho or sadist?

i hope, for your sake, you’re either/or
…otherwise life must be just miserable

“In my latest study, I explored gender, psychopathy, sadism and self-esteem as predictors of engaging in malevolent trolling.”

People bragging about short term capital gains derived from lucky market timing probably never heard of short term capital gains tax.

First thought that came to mind (after clicking Ignore on the new persona) was whether he did the math on Cap Gains for his "brilliant" move, with the hope of getting back in around 900 for a profit.

Without knowing the value of the shares in play let's use a low-middle of the road 20% Short-term CapGains rate, then calculate.

20% of 1200 is 240.

Getting back in, in the 900s, after paying $240 in tax per share sold doesn't sound like something to brag about.

If it never gets below 1000 again, even worse.

Edit: Got in a hurry and didn't think this through. Nevermind. Thanx @traxila

Last edited:
hmmm. Some dividends would be nice.

Been thinking about this recently. Actually started net selling my tesla shares this year in order to get stable fixed income.

But if Tesla is yo start giving out dividends, I wouldn't have to go through this painful process of paying the tax man waaaay too much.
That is not going to happen buddy.

If you are really looking for income consider covered calls. Try the other thread for more info.

First thought that came to mind (after clicking Ignore on the new persona) was whether he did the math on Cap Gains for his "brilliant" move, with the hope of getting back in around 900 for a profit.

Without knowing the value of the shares in play let's use a low-middle of the road 20% Short-term CapGains rate, then calculate.

20% of 1200 is 240.

Getting back in, in the 900s, after paying $240 in tax per share sold doesn't sound like something to brag about.

If it never gets below 1000 again, even worse.
You are assuming his cost basis was zero. Not everyone here got to buy TSLA at a dollar.

Traders only look at profits per trade. Can't go broke taking profits.

Let's say this large fellow bought at 800 and sold at 1200 for a 400 dollar gain. Taking your tax rate that would be 80 dollars he has to cover.

• Helpful
Reactions: PeterJA and 2daMoon
You are assuming his cost basis was zero. Not everyone here got to buy TSLA at a dollar.

Traders only look at profits per trade. Can't go broke taking profits.

Let's say this large fellow bought at 800 and sold at 1200 for a 400 dollar gain. Taking your tax rate that would be 80 dollars he has to cover.
Point taken.

With that in mind he probably bought in at 1199, being the genius that he paints himself as.

No tax, and no profit either.

Reactions: OrthoSurg