Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No mention of the Chinese holiday stopping production for a week. No mention of Tesla producing for export early in the quarter, just like every quarter since... (checks Google)... 2013.
Chinese New Year falls on Feb. 1, 2022. February, already a short month, expect the "low" production numbers to be blasted all the way to alpha centauri.

That's why most of us, in this thread, don't make short term trades.

If you could buy more chairs today, and assuming you generally want to own more TSLA, would you do it now or place a buy at say 975 and hope for the best? Depends on if you think this is bottom in other words.
My answer is difference between close and 975 is not that significant. I had discussion w broker/advisor at end of day, and do plan to buy more tomorrow unless it sky rockets back before I can.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
I would like to offer my support to everyone here who has sustained their greatest portfolio loss on paper in their life.
AKA ye who maybe wasn’t trading in 1987, late 1999-2000, 2008, 2016. On paper, there have ‘been days’. But as some like to say, a loss isn’t really a loss till you sell - well or until your broker calls for a margin call - or well if they just sell your stock for you.. ;-). Today, was a blip vis a vis TSLA. Diamond hands, RIGHT?

Seems like a high strike price for a PUT - you had to know it could easily execute? (but what do I know, still learning)
You are not wrong.

I got $15.50 premium per share so this means I really buy 100 of them at $1114.50/share and my guesstimate assuming we stay in the 1000-1300 range with gradual movements, that I was willing to buy effectively at 1114.50 if assigned at below 1130 on Friday.

I did not anticipate that right after it would drop so hard, would have waited of course.

Options are a gamble. HODL is investing. Sometimes I combine the two :)

Yeah I did the selling of a PUT two days ago. So I will be the proud owner of 100 shares at 1130 strike price by Friday unless I buy them back at a -631% gain :) temped to sell another one today. 200 shares is better than 100, right?
Sold 2 at 995 For Friday. I will Probably roll then for next week but I wouldn’t mind if they get assigned. However if we go back to 850, the steady increase before they come back in the green will probably be over couple of weeks the way to Q4 earnings.

I would like to offer my support to everyone here who has sustained their greatest portfolio loss on paper in their life.

My oceanfront will need to wait awhile longer.

Note to self - EM doesn't like stock when prices are too high ;)

If investors here are distracted at work because of SP, it's a sure thing that their employees are too.

Aswath Damodaran in with his latest valuation of Tesla.

TLDR: Admits he was vastly wrong previously, then proceeds to value Tesla at ~ $650 billion. Assumes peak margins have already been reached and downhill from here.

Here’s a better map of the Horse Ranch LLC purchase. Grey is the existing Tesla site, blue is a confirmed new land purchase, and yellow is suspected of being an additional purchase.
D834FA15-4F55-4E16-BF6C-149A49681886.jpeg