Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, since you're asking, yes - I thought he sold and that was the reason for the drop in share price. Do you have other theories that might be more substantial than a theory that actually has evidence (Musk's tweet exchange)?
Panic selling .... we have a stock that is up over 40% in the short term and many "investors" are simply cashing out before he sells .... that is a much better explanation. I'd bet Musk has sold very little, if any. Don't underestimate WS, they can sell off a stock at the slightest hint of any issues ... especially one that is clearly a momentum play.

I'm long, and have been for a while with enormous gains .... I also believe in the company and am very comfortable losing over 1Milliion in a day ... like yesterday but you would have to be foolish to think that this thing trades on fundamentals. It does not. It's momentum and belief in what the future holds ....

Cheers to the longs.

Just to add: I would LOVE to be wrong and find out that Musk did indeed sell his 10% and the stock withstood it with little problem. IF that's the case ...I'd be we see $1500 very shortly. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Tons of info, if it hasn't been posted yet, on the Las Vegas loop:

- 50 year franchise agreement with City of Las Vegas
- plans to have five to 10 stations open within six months of the start of construction
- then add 15 to 20 stations a year until the line is complete
- when complete, the tubes could carry 57,000 passengers per hour

I will forever be mindful of the obvious manipulation of the media this past week.
A week ago it was so bizarre to experience the media's change in the narrative of Tesla. They dramatically went from "Not worth it" to "Best Ever just days before $150/SP drop in two days. (Yes, it boggles my mind so much I can't understand if I got that right, and it is only simple subtraction. A ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLAR DROP IN TWO DAYS.)
ONE
HUNDRED and
FIFTY
!
1230.29 ( Friday afternoon)
----- and in less than an hour we are up more than $80

Why didn't someone warn that TSLA was a volatile stock? /s

Panic selling .... we have a stock that is up over 40% in the short term and many "investors" are simply cashing out before he sells .... that is a much better explanation. I'd bet Musk has sold very little, if any. Don't underestimate WS, they can sell off a stock at the slightest hint of any issues ... especially one that is clearly a momentum play.

I'm long, and have been for a while with enormous gains .... I also believe in the company and am very comfortable losing over 1Milliion in a day ... like yesterday but you would have to be foolish to think that this thing trades on fundamentals. It does not. It's momentum and belief in what the future holds ....

Cheers to the longs.

Just to add: I would LOVE to be wrong and find out that Musk did indeed sell his 10% and the stock withstood it with little problem. IF that's the case ...I'd be we see $1500 very shortly. I guess we will find out soon enough.

i agree -- no way to know for sure, but i suspect this is all frontrunning shenanigans. However, i also expect the frontrunning to have ten times the impact of Elon's actual sale.

Cheers to the longs.

24M shares, I'm pretty sure, is about 13-14% of the float. Going from ~$1220 -> ~$1000.

Just playing with general numbers, I'll average out to $1100 / share for the amount of money that was transacted in that drop down: ~$26.4B. Institutions panic selling, right after the infrastructure bill was passed, on a company that's leading the charge in electrification of transportation (and somewhat with clean energy in utility) doesn't make a lot of sense using common sense.

At the same time, the CEO of this company, Elon Musk, decided to tweet out to sell his shares at 10% which equates to ~$20-$30B. Dunno.

i agree -- no way to know for sure, but i suspect this is all frontrunning shenanigans. However, i also expect the frontrunning to have ten times the impact of Elon's actual sale.
Agreed. I sure hope Elon's financial people have talked about ways to sell the stock in small enough batches as to not affect the SP as it would even be in his best interest. Unloading that much stock at once does not make for the smartest way to maximize your profits.

The fickleness of WS and "investors" is startling. And I put INVESTORS in quotes as I see them more as degenerate gamblers.

Cheers to the longs.

Cheers to the longs.

come on ... your not new here ... you are wrong :cool: and you will see $1500 ....

10:30 AM EST
$1,073.21 ↑49.71 (+4.86%)
Volume: 15,015,779 (not inc'd Pre-market of 1.8M)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-10.10-30.png

Cheers!

Forward Observing

I’ve never seen this blog as negative, “Danny Downers,” as last weekend.

Those of you that sucked up can take a second breath.

Run Forrest, Runnnnnnnnnn

Sit down. Some of us are capable of combining two separate ideas:

1.) Believe in Elon
2.) Believe Elon does dumb things from time to time.

5to13l.jpg

I can see one timeline where Rivian gets bought out by one of the other manufacturers
This is nonsense. I bet Ford thought about it but at this point any such plan is kaput. Rivian has raised like $22B at this point. It'll take them a decade to burn that even if they crash out. And their valuation is far to large for any traditional automaker to swallow given how little purchasing power traditional automaker stock has. The only automaker who could feasibly swallow Rivian is ... Tesla.

Tons of info, if it hasn't been posted yet, on the Las Vegas loop:

- 50 year franchise agreement with City of Las Vegas
- plans to have five to 10 stations open within six months of the start of construction
- then add 15 to 20 stations a year until the line is complete
- when complete, the tubes could carry 57,000 passengers per hour
I am totally unable to comprehend how would driving cars in a tunnel be any better than having a light rail transport? Is there a thread in TMC that explains it?

Reactions: aubreymcfato