Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe Tegtmeier covering the new land purchase a little bit more (first 4 min). He suspects it’s for the nature preserve they’re going to have on site.

That makes sense. I recall Elon said it would be “by the river”, or something like that.

I wondered what had happened to that whole idea.

Reactions: Paracelsus
View attachment 731576

Seriously, I remember my first experience with a TSLA drop from $190 to $120 (prices pre-split) back in the fall of 2013 like it was yesterday. Yes, I sold at the very bottom and bought back much higher (around $180). Looking in the rear view mirror, that was not even a speed bump, but at the time it felt like Tesla was going under. Time is relevant.
View attachment 731578

For all those that sold above $1100 good for you. For now you are ahead of the pack and successfully navigated the first part of the two-part equation. The 2nd part of the equation which is just as important, and more tricky to implement, is when you buy back in. Thankfully I do not have that dilemma this time.
Even the Covid crash looks like a speed bump now.

That makes sense. I recall Elon said it would be “by the river”, or something like that.

I wondered what had happened to that whole idea.
That is Awesome news @Prunesquallor - ‘by the River’ is right next to where we have been living in our van while trying to accumulate as much TSLA as possible these last 9 years! (In a van, down by the river!)

Last edited:
Elon just filed his Form 4s!!

SEC FORM 4 (first of two)

Exercised this option:
A​
$ 6.24
And sold 257,279 shares on Monday, 11/08/2021 at prices ranging from $1,135.05 to $1,175.654 to fund part of his taxes owed on this exercise.

1. THE TRANSACTIONS REPORTED ON THIS FORM 4 WERE AUTOMATICALLY EFFECTED PURSUANT TO A RULE 10B5-1 TRADING PLAN PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 AND ESTABLISHED BY THE REPORTING PERSON FOR THE PURPOSE OF AN ORDERLY SALE OF SHARES RELATED TO THE EXERCISES OF OPTIONS SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE IN 2022.

...aftermarket trading up at $1,085 atm on this news @ 6:38 pm EST. "ORDERLY SALE OF SHARES" -- right!

The second Form 4 covering sales of 676,812 shares Monday between $1,176.585 and $1,196.236; with 170,492,985 shares beneficially owned afterward in his trust.

Total shares sold on Monday = 934,091 (net gain of 1,220,481 shares). Tomorrow after the close we expect to see Elon's Form 4(s) filed that cover Tuesday's trading session carnage.

:eek::D

Lost ~3 "roadsters" on paper yesterday and got one back today! LMFAO.

Last edited:
Elon just filed his Form 4!!

And it was planned in advance:

1. THE TRANSACTIONS REPORTED ON THIS FORM 4 WERE AUTOMATICALLY EFFECTED PURSUANT TO A RULE 10B5-1 TRADING PLAN PREVIOUSLY ADOPTED ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 AND ESTABLISHED BY THE REPORTING PERSON FOR THE PURPOSE OF AN ORDERLY SALE OF SHARES RELATED TO THE EXERCISES OF OPTIONS SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE IN 2022.

But only selling ~257k shares sold on Monday. (While acquiring ~2.1 million)

Edit: But what is weird is that the filing on the SEC site differs from what is on the Tesla IR site. (Both look incomplete.) It looks to me like the SEC one is the second page to the Tesla IR one. And if you add them together you get that he sold 934,091 of the ~2.1 million shares he acquired. Found these notes:

This Form 4 is the first of two Form 4s being filed by the Reporting Person relating to the same event. The Form 4 has been split into two filings to cover all 50 individual transactions that occurred on the same Transaction Date, because the SEC's EDGAR filing system limits a single Form 4 to a maximum of 30 separate transactions. Each Form 4 will be filed by the Reporting Person.

The shares of common stock were sold solely to satisfy the reporting person's tax withholding obligations related to the exercise of stock options to purchase 2,154,572 shares as reported in the first of two Form 4s being filed by the Reporting Person relating to the same event.

So yeah, two forms, ~934k shares sold on Monday the 8th.

Edit2: Both forms showing up on the Tesla IR site now.

Last edited:
BAU is right..........and that BAU certainly led to some bad behavior in the past

View attachment 731523

View attachment 731522
...................Removed by the SEC in 2007...at an 'unfortunate time'.....
929efe1c9faa417dc8b8a2188374be8f
"Do not appear to prevent manipulation". If one were to look at the 1938 SEC action to introduce the uptick rule, it was for the specific purpose of " protecting investors from manipulative short sellers". I recall that they, in 2007, monitored large companies like IBM or Merck for a couple of months and didn't see any manipulation. Fixing something that wasn't broken, was the brainchild of the likes of Bernie Madoff and other criminals from WS.

And it was planned in advance:

But only selling ~257k shares sold on Monday. (While acquiring ~2.1 million)
Way in advance. When will be able to view the 10b5-1 (if ever)?
The shares of common stock were sold solely to satisfy the reporting person's tax withholding obligations related to the exercise of stock options to purchase 2,154,572 shares as reported in the first of two Form 4s being filed by the Reporting Person relating to the same event.
I see 934,091 sold
2,154,572 after options execution down to 1,220,481 on the second page. (I think the transaction order is backwards based on sales price).

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Elon just filed his Form 4!!

Exercised this option:
A​
$ 6.24
And sold 257,279 shares on Monday, 11/08/2021 at prices ranging from $1,135.05 to $1,175.654 to fund part of his taxes owed on this exercise.

...aftermarket trading up at $1,085 atm on this news @ 6:38 pm EST. "ORDERLY SALE OF SHARES" -- right!

And there goes the share price accordingly. 😁