Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that mean less than 30% sold and over 70% still to go? Pls tell me I am missing sth.

My -PUTs expire Dec 17 and extrapolating they may end up seriously ITM :(

You are missing any pre-arranged trades in the billions of dollars that Elon and his personal team have lined up.

I suppose it flies right over the head of people like GB but Elon has access to the most savvy money people in the world and the judgement to tell which ones are full of doggie-doo-doo and which ones have real vision.

Don't under-estimate Elon, don't bet against Elon and don't hold idiots on a pedestal above Elon.

You are missing any pre-arranged trades in the billions of dollars that Elon and his personal team have lined up.

I suppose it flies right over the head of people like GB but Elon has access to the most savvy money people in the world and the judgement to tell which ones are full of doggie-doo-doo and which ones have real vision.

Don't under-estimate Elon, don't bet against Elon and don't hold idiots on a pedestal above Elon.
This is just speculation for now, just one scenario to explain the recent pump. Could also just be someone buying and then we start bleeding again.

Reactions: LightngMcQueen
What could the potential benefits be announcing any prearranged trades after selling on the market instead of before?

Seems much more logical to sell say 15 of 20 million shares pre-arranged first. Announce what those were sold at and then the market would have had no problem swallowing the remaining 5 million.

Seems like you do the opposite when you want the stock price to go down.

Rivian is currently trading at over $123b valuation. This would be higher than Tesla in March of last year when they had already sold over 1 million vehicles.

What the flip
The tesla story is evolving, they are focused on high volume production, and looking for the 4680 cell lines as well as CT lines. Rivian is riding on coat tails, and for those who want to that is fine. But coat tails don't sell well and won't help tesla with production.

Mansion Global - today: Elon Musk Finds a Buyer for His ‘Last Remaining House,’ Outside San Francisco

Excerpt:

...Elon Musk has found a buyer for his last remaining residential property, a historic California estate listed for nearly $32 million.

The 16,000-square-foot mansion in Hillsborough, California—an affluent area in Silicon Valley—went into contract over the weekend for an unknown amount, according to the Multiple Listing Service. No public information about the price or the buyer was available, as the sale has yet to close...

I'm not complaining (after buying more at $995 and $990 this morning), but WTH?

I wouldn't get too excited yet, I think it's likely the stock goes back to those levels to test but a clear floor is being set so still a positive.

Edit: And right back down we go lol. If if that tweet is true that Elon is done selling on open market, I don't agree with Tesla_Fact's view on it. As we all saw during Q1, Q2, and Q3, when Wall St is determined on getting lower priced shares, they'll just take away all the volume. If Wall St was wanting more shares at 1,000 they have plenty of tools to cap any rebound until they do.

Fear & Greed ...

All day long until SP shot back up .... I was looking at my margin($0 used) and thinking when it will be worth to pull the trigger ... ;)
take 10-15% margin - but all based on shares.
Not having to decide is even better :)
Heck, the fear and greed goes both ways too. A few weeks ago I had a trade entered to sell 160 shares I bought on margin. The stock price was sitting at 1240 and I had enough profit to buy 1.5 Model Ys. Scanning over my list of shares to sell, I saw a few more were going to have a birthday the next week (last week now) so I cancelled the whole order just to wait for a few, higher cost shares, to reach long term. What a bonehead.

Mansion Global - today: Elon Musk Finds a Buyer for His ‘Last Remaining House,’ Outside San Francisco

Excerpt:

Tech titan and space entrepreneur Elon Musk has found a buyer for his last remaining residential property, a historic California estate listed for nearly $32 million.

The 16,000-square-foot mansion in Hillsborough, California—an affluent area in Silicon Valley—went into contract over the weekend for an unknown amount, according to the Multiple Listing Service. No public information about the price or the buyer was available, as the sale has yet to close.
LOL, not even close to Silicon Valley.

• Disagree
Reactions: ZeApelido
The tesla story is evolving, they are focused on high volume production, and looking for the 4680 cell lines as well as CT lines. Rivian is riding on coat tails, and for those who want to that is fine. But coat tails don't sell well and won't help tesla with production.
As Gordon Johnson would say, the Rivian valuation is TRULY disconnected from reality. This is far beyond coattails in my opinion. That’s 50% higher than Ford and they’ve made what, like 100 vehicles at most?

Rivian is currently trading at over $123b valuation. This would be higher than Tesla in March of last year when they had already sold over 1 million vehicles.

What the flip
I'm ready to sell puts next week. But I do hope that Rivian succeeds. I'd like to buy the stock at $40/share and support them from that level. Let's see how that plays out.

I wouldn't get too excited yet, I think it's likely the stock goes back to those levels to test but a clear floor is being set so still a positive.

Edit: And right back down we go lol. If if that tweet is true that Elon is done selling on open market, I don't agree with Tesla_Fact's view on it. As we all saw during Q1, Q2, and Q3, when Wall St is determined on getting lower priced shares, they'll just take away all the volume. If Wall St was wanting more shares at 1,000 they have plenty of tools to cap any rebound until they do.
I do believe shorts will cover if their plans on put buying weeklys no longer work out. Also many retail investors really want to jump back in. The rumor alone spiked Tesla sp pretty hard.

Perhaps Elon is selling on the open market for awhile just to establish Tsla pricing for institutional investors to buy in after all the gamma squeeze unwounded and what not. Or this is just all a rumor.

What the flip

Yahoo telling me $146B??

1637009429644.png

I cant shake off the feeling that Elon is gonna exercise his 2018 options too that he has earned, with all the cash he's generating. Right now, it ensures there is a lower gain and hence a lower $ amount in taxes due. Further, the short term taxes are likely to go up making it more beneficial to exercise those options.

Longer term, these grants are going to become so big that in $ terms if he exercises and sells in 2028 or whenever, it'd be hard to find enough liquidity. There's barely enough liquidity even now, given the stock has appreciated so much.
@generalenthu
link to S4 please