Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If comments by the CEO are being deemed irrelevant to the company and the stock simply because someone doesn't like them it severely limits the usefulness of the forum.
I am more than happy to provide you with a gold-plated engraved invitation to join Reddit or Twitter or some other mindless snarkgroup chatgroup chitterchittertrash group, just as long as you leave here and take with you any who do not know the difference between constructive writing and repeating - even once - moronic jibberjabber of something you read on one of those platforms. Don't you even try to claim that deleted post had any usefulness here. Not. One. Bit.

AND - to every one: ad hominem works both ways. Do you know what "Homer also nods" means? And Homer didn't even have access to Adderall.

WTF is a “warrant transaction”.

It's essentially a non-exchange traded long-term call option, that is usually issued along side another instrument such as a bond or preferred stock.

In this case JPM is claiming that the warrant expired out of the money and worthless in mid-2021, because of the 2018 hullabaloo around Elon's "funding secured" tweet.

IMO, it seems to be a bit of a stretch for JPM to claim that the reason the TSLA share price in mid-2021 was still benearth the warrant strike price was due to a 2018 tweet from Elon.

Exactly what price did they think it would be at in June and July of this year? It was in the $600s, or over $3,000 in pre split price.

Yeah, like they thought it would be that high with their price targets... Good luck on this, the case will go nowhere, it is just an attempt at extortion. And we know what Elon thinks of that...

Last edited:
Exactly what price did they think it would be at in June and July of this year? It was in the $600s, or over $3,000 in pre split price.

Yeah, like they thought it would be that high with their price targets... Good luck on this, the case will go nowhere, it is just attempt at extortion. And we know what Elon thinks of that...
Indeed. However on the off chance that JPM wins, it wouldn't surpricse me if Elon pays the $162 million himself with a small portion of the cash he has been receiving from selling shares.

Yeah, like they thought it would be that high with their price targets... Good luck on this, the case will go nowhere, it is just attempt at extortion. And we know what Elon thinks of that...
If the price was more than their target, do they have any right to complain?

It's essentially a non-exchange traded long-term call option, that is usually issued along side another instrument such as a bond or preferred stock.

In this case JPM is claiming that the warrant expired out of the money and worthless in mid-2021, because of the 2018 hullabaloo around Elon's "funding secured" tweet.

IMO, it seems to be a bit of a stretch for JPM to claim that the reason the TSLA share price in mid-2021 was still benearth the warrant strike price was due to a 2018 tweet from Elon.
Rational seems way stretched, but someone's bonus may depend on it, so that's how this decision was made.
It's sad that I'm not even joking...

So long as there's a bunch of ICE for sale, and there's a shortage of good EVs for sale due to production limits- anybody making a good EV at a reasonable price should be able to sell >100% of vehicles they can produce.
Sure, but if they have a "reasonable price" then they won't have Tesla's margins. So the point stands: the upstarts are way over valued.

When I look at threats to Tesla, increasing the OSHA penalties by a factor of 10, which are sometimes selectively enforced, seems like a threat to Tesla or Tesla suppliers - legs [Edit: like the CYBER TRUCK stainless steel supplier]: ( https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BILLS-117hr5376rh/pdf/BILLS-117hr5376rh.pdf )

1637027614611.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe read the post I wrote right after that?

Not every investor is in the same position and has the financial ability to just wait out volatility that the CEO himself created :rolleyes:

Just because you're in a great position financially doesn't mean others are and I quite frankly get annoyed at that attitude.
if an "investor" (not you ) ;)cant wait out volatility ... then "said investor" should not be investing in stocks... in fact if "said investor" can't afford to lose all their initial investment "said investor" should not be investing in individual stocks