Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBS reports Bloomberg "rumor" Apple accelerating an autonomous EV by 2025, believed to be from "reliable sources."

That's why TSLA starting to tank, AAPL shooting up.
Just unloaded all of my AAPL, cost basis was $28.28. Need an IRA loan for a downpayment to close in 6 months on a house being built (25 foot deep garage for a CT) and was dreading selling TSLA to borrow from the IRA.

I'm so happy, I'm going to go out and get my hair cut.

In 6 months, when I repay the IRA loan, those same funds will fund a lot more TSLA shares.

Sure.

But

A) The union clause is like 98.97% going away before passage

B) Even if it didn't, a pure BEV from GM would still get another $3500 on top the PHEV would not.

So the claim PHEVs and BEVs are treated the same simply ain't so.

Again I'd be more than ok with making them even more unequal in favor of BEVs- but equal they are not even now.
A) I mentioned that.
B) I think there is *one* BEV which meets this criteria on the market right now. The Chevy Bolt.

If the legislation were to pass with the union clause (unlikely as I pointed out previously), most shipping PHEVs would be treated *better* than most shipping EVs. Even future releases, most EVs will be treated worse than PHEVs under the proposed union friendly legislation.

your posting is very timely... i had a meeting with my bank this morning who suggested i entrust my retirement acct (full of TSLA) over to them so that they can diversify it (aka sell all) into cash/bonds/GIC/ETF/funds/etc. For their service, i would get 7.15% ROR minus 1% fees. Everything is "very low risk" since "trust officers at VP level will actively manage my money and they have been doing this for a long time".

oh, i ALSO need to take out a HELOC loan against my home equity just in case they need buffer cash to "rebalance" the retirement acct that i sign over.

Rich Dad Scam #8: “Build a diversified investment portfolio for the long term”

TLDR:
- Financial planning is an industry created by the banks to make money off the financially illiterate

- ... you’re putting control of your money in someone else’s hands

- Nearly every financial planner will tell you that in order to be financially secure, you must diversify. By this they mean to invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Unfortunately, this is not true diversification. Rather it is diversification in only one asset class, paper assets—the class where banks make big money in the form of fees. Virtually ignored are the other asset classes, real estate, commodities, and business.
Old: don't keep all your eggs in one basket. New: Keep a big egg in one basket, and don't forget it's there

Let the split conspiracies continue:

1637263629895.png

Let the split conspiracies continue:

View attachment 734432
It's hard to ignore this theory. However, it might not be a split after all.

Recall Elon has to sell 11 tranches of 934,091 shares. He did not sell yesterday. If he doesn't sell today either, then the pattern becomes Monday and Tuesday every week. He will not be done by 12/9 following this schedule. I would not bet on a split before he's done. Could be some other catalyst.