Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a definitive range increase if you change the test method and don't give a conversion factor.

That's about as useful as if they changed it to cm per kWh. Yeah the number goes up but what does it mean?

CLTC vs NEDC those aren't the same metric. It kills me all the twitter and YouTubers that parrot this stuff without discussing the standards.

Elon is cracking me up.

1637295119842.png

I just made a 12/9 numerology thread after having just spent about 2 hours scouring Twitter for more thoughts on this situation. I have found several more highly suspicious coincidences that to me strongly suggest that Elon is intentionally trying to say something is happening on December 9th without actually saying it explicitly.

Honestly, the level of math that would have been required to do this on purpose has blown my mind into another galaxy. Even if you just want some entertainment, I invite you to join us on the numerology thread.

The mods deleted my prior numerology post and I respect their decision, so let's take further discussion to that thread.

Last edited:
It's not a definitive range increase if you change the test method and don't give a conversion factor.

That's about as useful as if they changed it to cm per kWh. Yeah the number goes up but what does it mean?

CLTC vs NEDC those aren't the same metric. It kills me all the twitter and YouTubers that parrot this stuff without discussing the standards.
Yeah, I can't find a conversion. I find that odd. Found a couple confusing PDFs though.

Ya know, Cramer raises a serious question.

Would Ford--or any other legacy automaker--get a higher market valuation if they were to shut down ICE production and go all-in on BEVs?

The valuations of Rivian and Lucid seem to suggest this could be the case.
Ford’s valuation, along with every other legacy auto’s, is stuck in the mud because of the mountain of stranded assets they have. They can’t simply shut down their ice production because it would bankrupt them within months.

It’s a nice hypothetical….but in reality it’s just that, hypothetical. Because the legacy auto makers can’t just abandon their ice assets. They sealed their fates 5 years ago when they didn’t make the necessary hard choices to start the transition

Here in the SF Bay Area, the Model Y has taken over the roads. I've never seen a new car proliferate this fast, except maybe for the Ford Explorer back in the early 90s. Not the Prius. Even the Model 3 didn't get this common this quickly.

I'm also in the bay area and you are exactly right. I see so many every day now. I remember when I first started seeing them but very rarely, then I picked my Model Y LR up at Fremont in August 2020. After that gradually they have become steadily more common seemingly at a logarithmic pace. Slow at first, but increasingly faster.

These days going out on the local highways there are endless Model Ys all day long. You might see 20 or 50 in a multi hour trip. It's truly amazing how the Y is catching on around here. It probably won't be too long before there are more Ys than 3s, Ss and Xs combined. At least in the bay area I think Elon might have been right about his production that the Y would dominate sales.

I'm also in the bay area and you are exactly right. I see so many every day now. I remember when I first started seeing them but very rarely, then I picked my Model Y LR up at Fremont in August 2020. After that gradually they have become steadily more common seemingly at a logarithmic pace. Slow at first, but increasingly faster.

These days going out on the local highways there are endless Model Ys all day long. You might see 20 or 50 in a multi hour trip. It's truly amazing how the Y is catching on around here. It probably won't be too long before there are more Ys than 3s, Ss and Xs combined. At least in the bay area I think Elon might have been right about his production that the Y would dominate sales.
Nice! But what % of all cars on the road are Teslas?

• Funny
Reactions: DragonWatch
Ya know, Cramer raises a serious question.

Would Ford--or any other legacy automaker--get a higher market valuation if they were to shut down ICE production and go all-in on BEVs?

The valuations of Rivian and Lucid seem to suggest this could be the case.

It’s not that Ford and GM are priced poorly, it’s that Rivian and Ludic are priced poorly.

GM and Ford are priced appropriately. Arguably they are priced generously already. Rivian and Lucid have no business having market caps higher than Ford and GM.

I put the chance of Tesla making a phone at 0%, which also happens to be the same chance that Apple will make a car.
This is correct. Apple only slips out EV rumors to warn Tesla against encroaching on their turf. Tesla’s potential relationship with StarLink is a concern to Apple. They comfort themselves by dabbling in EVs … in case they need a bargaining chip related to cellular services.

MSFT had a partnership with Ford a few years back which kept Ford from developing their own mobility platform in SW for a few years.

Tesla develops their own SW for similar reasons IMO.

If this is true, Tesla's mission is over and we can go back to driving ICE?

Mod: when posting a link please explain what we are about to see or read. And not in this clickbaity way.

In this case that would be: Chinese researchers claim they have found a set of enzymes that can effectively turn CO2 into starch, and you only need water, (solar) power and - according to someone else - installations that cover an area 25 x 25 miles to absorb the CO2 humans produce every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't see Tesla creating a phone ... it does not further the mission and it is not disruptive enough ... why would you take on the likes of AAPl and GOOGL when you can go after monopolistic energy companies, car companies and the entire labor market (bots)...

Tesla has a lot more important projects

Definitely. Peter Thiel explained all this in a way that stuck with me in his Zero To One book. You don't want to deliberately face competition which is what you do entering a profitable market because it's so profitable but with essentially the same product. You need to skate where there is no competition. Pretty sure Elon's equal or ahead of Peter on the basic idea. I mean flamethrower?