Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT
Was curious so I looked them up Detroit electric wikipedia

the 1911 Detroit electric came with a lead acid battery and a $600 option for an Edison nickel iron battery. Advertised 80 mile range. All together the company produced about 13,000 vehicles between 1907 and 1939.
Workmanship on those was incredible and the nickel iron batteries....many still work.

Last edited:
Ah, yes....cnbc....the "news" station full of experts.

Careful.....watching them will make one cynical and a bit jaded.
Another scenario could just be Tesla bull flagging until q4 results, bleeding out options. Price may fluctuate between 1050 and 1200, current trying to fill gap created by Musk's selling dump from two weeks ago.

Stock split speculation and 10.5 may attribute to the current gap fill is my guess.

Reactions: Doit
On ordering a Tesla Roadster II with rocket boosters I heard that prior to activation of the boosters one might need to get a medical exam due to the high G force.
Not sure when this new vehicle will be made but may want to get medical clearance prior to ordering the boosters. I believe the cost is $250,000 without boosters?

Personally, I would give the credit for electrifying the car to Detroit Electric.
220px-1911_Detroit_Electric.jpg
Interesting feminist take on electric cars:

This article proposes that electric cars - 1/3 of the European market in 1900 - failed because they were seen by men as being too feminine. Early electric cars were first with roofs, didn't require heavy cranking to start, and had no oil which got on your dress.

Of all the ways the establishment has tried to suppress the inevitable switch to EVs, I believe it!

Interesting feminist take on electric cars:

This article proposes that electric cars - 1/3 of the European market in 1900 - failed because they were seen by men as being too feminine. Early electric cars were first with roofs, didn't require heavy cranking to start, and had no oil which got on your dress.

Of all the ways the establishment has tried to suppress the inevitable switch to EVs, I believe it!

Similar things in the US. Apparently Henry Ford's wife and her lady friends all had EVs from Detroit Electric. She liked it so much she tried to convince her husband to work with him on EVs. From what I can tell our friends in the oil lobby were just too influential and EVs were crowded out.

It's a shame that in 2021, there are still plenty of toxic wimps who claim to be "men" that consider you as less than straight if you own an EV.

Beta 10.5 is my first new release after getting into the program. Wow. Huge difference in how smooth the vehicle drives. In 10.4 the wheel would often be extremely jerky, now it's like a human much of the time. Everyone else seems similarly impressed.
I've also been watching FSD Beta videos, and driver reactions agree it's much improved. I'm dying to try it! Score 99, switched to the iPhone yesterday just in case (not needed for beta, but WOW what a nice phone and want the in cabin camera feature).

No wonder Apple stock does well... just wait until 25% of ALL Transportation is Tesla. (Then watch Tesla come out with their own phones, lol.) I'm sure many of you know of the parallels in quality and performance between Apple and Tesla. But the phone is another example of not knowing how good something is until you Test Drive it.

So how long before Tesla is 25% of the Market - 25 in 25?

My Bull Case Vehicle Prod (Tesla/Other)
'21 = 1M/20M
'22 = 2M/18M
'23 = 4M/16M
'24 = 6M/14M
'25 = 8M/12M

It's a stretch and would require 100% growth/year. OR, 50% growth and ICE becomes the "Unknown/Other" category eventually. I slow down Tesla growth after next round of greenfield factories (if even needed), and think total sale of vehicles drops quickly at the same time. So % rises faster than we think, especially knowing how Car Dealerships are trying to front run their margins with the sticker price and jacking up the prices like with the Mach-e.

Attachments

• 1637678216119.png
    1637678216119.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 61
Interesting - re TSLA options volume & volatility - in principle, this should help make the options market more liquid, and/ or may also distort some prices

That’s how you get the price up over short periods of time..it’s been going on for years. The difference now is that everyone has learned how to play the game. A stock split will just make this more available and volatile. It’s all good though.

• Informative
Reactions: LightngMcQueen