Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And doing my part.
View attachment 740205

I think a trap is set for the shorts - just a hunch. The low volume was too much for the shorts today to dip in one more time, all the while knowing Musk is up to something akin to a 4D chess game and anything is possible... this weekend, then Monday.

(Edit: Well, now it's heavy volume.)
I'm willing to take on risk here, not because of 12/9 or Elon's tweets, but because we'll get China Nov numbers on Tuesday or Wednesday. Still might get a further sell off to test the 50-day moving average on Monday.....so like 990-1,000.

TSLA continues to not bounce as hard as the Nasdaq which tells me the stock is set on testing that 50-day average. So either the stock drops to 990-1,000 on Monday or it stagnates until the China Nov numbers so that the 50-day average catches up to 1,015-1,025 and then takes off

Last edited:
IBKR notified me 1 hour ago:

CORPORATE EVENTS
Note: The following were generated over an hour ago.
Things may have changed since then.

Upcoming Corporate Events (up to 5 per account)
SymbolTSLA
EventTesla Inc at Deutsche Bank AutoTech Conference (Virtual) (20211209T105900+0000)
DateDec 09, 2021

What event was planned/is happening on 12/09? .. Just a talk with a "one-more-thing"-announcement?
I mean .. 12/09 was all over the place, but this is a concrete event TSLA will attend at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, Fidelity won't let me buy calls expiring today in my IRA account. $1050's are $1 right now and it wouldn't shock me to see them ITM at 2:45pm. Way too much incentive for MM's to easily cover here(a lot) and also screw over the $1050 put holders.
I’m thinking there is a reason that call fell ~99% today. I hope it hits for you, but I put the higher probability with a sell into the close. TWT.

So what you're really saying is Norway is down 12% and therefore Tesla is doomed to fail. Did I get the gist?
Not even close to what he said. The only question is by how much Tesla will exceed the past quarters, especially when they've resolved to reduce the EOQ rush a tile bit. I think almost everyone thinks that to be a very bullish decision. So, how much gain, not whether they're having record sales. Cody has a decent crystal ball now because the combination of factors make the unusual, even by Tesla stands.

Who said anything about failing?

• Funny
Reactions: hacer and EnzoXYZ
The slot of collecting more profits? It allows Tesla to charge more for the insane demand that exists for this product. If anything is dropped, it is the single motor. Or the single wont exist into well into 2025.
How would the specs look though? Do you think the quad motor will have more range than the tri? It's not going to be any faster. More HP I suppose but that's not really useful without more battery capacity.

and obviously the quad motor will be more money
I'm expecting all variants to be more expensive than at launch.

Not even close to what he said. The only question is by how much Tesla will exceed the past quarters, especially when they've resolved to reduce the EOQ rush a tile bit. I think almost everyone thinks that to be a very bullish decision. So, how much gain, not whether they're having record sales. Cody has a decent crystal ball now because the combination of factors make the unusual, even by Tesla stands.

I think henchman's post was sarcasm

GratefulBeneficialFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

Is 4-wheel steering more efficient than 2-wheel steering? This is contrary to what we've learned growing up when we consider conventional 4x4's and that low-efficiency Transfer Case, and so on, to re-distribute the torque from one single engine. I'm sure the savings are miniscule, but still, that is the game.

They may have even simplified the steering in the process - however, this is a leap of imagination. What if there is no steering required in the sense of a gearbox and tie rods, unless needed as emergency backup? It takes some energy to turn the wheel correct? Especially with lots of angular momentum on spinning wheels. Combine Regen and Accel on opposing sides. Further, could equal but opposing wheel torque alone cause the wheels to turn without the vehicle moving, and without any steering forces? One flaw is you'd need to accommodate a failed motor somehow... maybe the steering is manual like the old days, used in emergencies. Your steering wheel is no different than a nice gaming wheel with Haptic Feedback, and engages only when needed. I think I'll go smoke some more...

IBKR notified me 1 hour ago:

CORPORATE EVENTS
Note: The following were generated over an hour ago.
Things may have changed since then.

Upcoming Corporate Events (up to 5 per account)
Account U7470303
SymbolTSLA
EventTesla Inc at Deutsche Bank AutoTech Conference (Virtual) (20211209T105900+0000)
DateDec 09, 2021

What event was planned/is happening on 12/09? .. Just a talk with a "one-more-thing"-announcement?
I mean .. 12/09 was all over the place, but this is a concrete event TSLA will attend at.
We're not gonna call this the obvious Berlin opening???? Should we be buying 12/10 calls?

Elon/Tesla skills of perfect desire and pipeline building.

step1: Announce truck with RWD/AWD/Trimotor super cheap for the amazing unbelievable range advertised.

Highly desirable. Competition feels urged to meet price points at lower capability. I bet this had influence on the price structure of Rivian and Ford, and on their rush to market with their product. We know how well that went for GM with the Bolt beating Model3 to market at the expense of proper battery vetting.

step2: Much later, when tech specs are pretty final on competitors products about to launch, withdraw lowest tier (RWD), moving some of the orders towards AWD version (dual motor), adding higher tier (four motors) with announcement of even more super advanced technology than trimotor and the competitors.

Now pipeline reshaped to more realistic pricing by only having to deliver the most expensive three and four motors for at least a year before cost refinement allows delivering dual motor for the advertised price range for existing orders. Would not be surprised if prices go up for new orders as first deliveries and amazement causes more orders to flow in across the full range of options.

4D chess at its finest.

Last edited:
Of course most of that is true. The basic problem is understanding the difference between bold and ignorant. The only advantage of experience exists when such experience is actual used to learn to avoid making the same error repeatedly. There are those quippy explanations that actual have germs of truth. So your first two phrases might have validity. Fortune favors the bold who have prepared, not the ones who ignore reality. As it happens I have done both, and my experience has taught me the difference.

The third phrase is only relevant in confirming the first two. There is no competition coming because there has been none very relevant so far. That is fallacious reasoning. Good competitors are already arriving. None have yet impeded Tesla and none probably will have material effects now, but three years or so out they'll be really serious. Just examining CATL and BYD give some clues, if one only wants to look at already major ones. You're also assuming that regulation and anti-Tesla sentiment are irrelevant. Not so.

The next paragraph really misstates the lessons of Elon. He looks bold because he does prepare and insist on preparation. That is the difference between, say, Falcon 9 and SLS. That is also the difference between Tesla and typical casting shops. Bold yes, endless preparation and revision, reduces the risk. learning from history teaches reliance on science rather than instinct.

When I am wrong it never works out to me favor. Hence a perhaps obsessive tendency to do all the research I can do before reaching solution. That is also why I avoid thinking my successful approaches will be successful the next time.

When I encounter new information that conflicts with my opinion, I change my opinion. What do you do?

Al we need to does copy Elon as much as our weak abilities permit us to do. First principles rule!
I don’t disagree with the idea of preparation being a prelude to being able to be bold with confidence, but I don’t actually believe it’s a requirement to be bold and successful.

I believe you’re giving way too much credit to the competition/coming competition. The only competition that is important is that which comes from within. Elon knows this and is quite clear he believes that as evidenced by moats are lame, innovation is the key.

History repeats, often. So, perhaps we haven’t quite mastered the balance between science and instinct.

I like to employ common sense and assess risk before a new venture/idea simply to avoid stupid, but I try real hard not to allow my head to override my instincts because from experience every single time I do, the head has been wrong. The head likes to do a lot of talking, such that it can talk itself right out of the correct decision. The instinct, though, always gets it right even if in the moment the head doesn’t understand it. Instinct comes from the core of your cells and millennia of lessons. That’s actually been looked at via a science lens and if I could remember the name of the doctor that I recently came across that has done a lot of work in this area, I’d link it. I’ll see if I can track it down.

To answer your question; I’m rarely wrong (which does irritate the crap out of my spouse, who does their best to catch me in a mistake) and certainly when I am wrong it’s of no consequence, as in it’s something like being wrong about which aisle the ketchup is in in a particular store as opposed to being wrong about being all in Tesla/TSLA since 2012. And to answer your next question, yes I researched the crap out of Elon Musk, JB etc beforehand (common sense and risk assessment to avoid stupid) but it was my instincts that I listened to to make the decision. It was my instincts that said, hold, while my head argued like a bear.