Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol.....I noticed that earlier today as well, just got too busy shopping for bargains to post. Very interesting change of tune!

(headline: Ford Gets Ready to Race Rivals for a Place Behind Tesla)

Bloomberg has never had such a headline that I can recall.
But, it is a well advertised common knowledge that GM is the leader, so if Ford takes 2nd place, that leaves only 3rd place for Tesla at best...

I finally got on the TSLA train today after being convinced of it as a product. I’m a long-term investor so the day to day gyrations don’t bother me much. I’m looking at a 20 year time horizon not a 20 day one.

I tend to wait into companies I like pull back ~20% before buying. There’s always the potential for more downside but not often much more. If it keeps going down, I might DCA a little. But generally, I don’t. I’m patient. I don’t need the money now so I’m in zero rush.
No idea why my post got quoted here. But it was so good, you get to read it twice. 😂
I have to imagine the bears will assume we head back down to the $600s from here, missing how much the fundamentals have changed. They will be in for a shock. I expect this omicron business to blow over soon and people will realize that a new variant will be coming out every few months.
$600? Load up the (cyber)truck at those prices.

Pickup up 10 more chairs at $1,035.

As I did so, I couldn't help but be reminded to thank this board again for the assist in giving me the courage of conviction to stay level-headed and not panic during these frequent and expected drops in SP. So thanks again!
I agree with this. Its one of the most lucrative lessons I've learned from this forum. Of course it helps when one of the other most lucrative lessons Ive learned from this forum is that Tesla might possibly become the world's most valuable company.

I've said before that investing in $TSLA is a piece of cake and its the most relaxing investment I have ever made. I can illustrate this by saying that on a big down day like today, I am sitting here in my Chesterfield armchair, wearing my smoking jacket and cravat, sipping a glass of well-aged port in front of a roaring fire, and enjoying a few puffs on a fine Havana cigar.

The ex-Tesla employee has put the future price as well as model!

This seemed low early. Dog bone marketing still says $1600 by January 2022.
Gary shared a Financial Times article that said,

"Stock price early is based on votes."

"Stock price late is based on weights."

If you look at the size of Giga Texas (almost a mile long, 0.757 miles today), and you are voting on who you think will win,...

Dog bone marketing says that value gets pulled forward. When you look at Giga Texas the vote is obvious.

I agree with this. Its one of the most lucrative lessons I've learned from this forum. Of course it helps when one of the other most lucrative lessons Ive learned from this forum is that Tesla might possibly become the world's most valuable company.

I've said before that investing in $TSLA is a piece of cake and its the most relaxing investment I have ever made. I can illustrate this by saying that on a big down day like today, I am sitting here in my Chesterfield armchair, wearing my smoking jacket and cravat, sipping a glass of well-aged port in front of a roaring fire, and enjoying a few puffs on a fine Havana cigar.
If you’d be so kind as to tell us who killed the electric car, Holmes. Oh, and who’s leading now?

0B2DBE2C-E574-4686-BCEE-502930353F4A.jpeg

Ironically, 'first principals' is more firmly in the type 2 category of reasoning ('slow') NOT intuition ('fast').

Just continuing my quest to detach 'first principals' from the casual meaning of 'automatic awesome sauce'... the crab walk tacking is another example of the high risk:high reward payoff matrix once you allow for the fact that it probably is not a good idea for some reason already considered elsewhere.

I expect this omicron business to blow over soon and people will realize that a new variant will be coming out every few months.
It depends. If nobody has immunity to Omicron, it won't blow over soon. More people have died in 2021 (despite an effective vaccine) than in 2020 because many have stopped masking, restrictions indoors have been lifted, and a large portion of the population refused to get vaccinated even though science and logic made it the obvious choice. If nobody has immunity, all those restrictions will have to go back in place, but I suspect many will refuse, which will lead to overwhelmed hospitals again (with cancelation of elective procedures, etc), more death, and eventually more restrictions and new supply chain issues (not to mention unemployment, inflation, etc).

Anyone else considering just how good the gross margin prospects are for Tesla? They are almost 30% today. They are currently funding CAPEX and building out factories to support their new 4680 cell design that is estimated to allow them to reduce the cell/pack cost by more than 50%. These future savings are being funded today but everything today still uses the full price old batteries. This doesn't even consider FSD...

Anyone else considering just how good the gross margin prospects are for Tesla? They are almost 30% today. They are currently funding CAPEX and building out factories to support their new 4680 cell design that is estimated to allow them to reduce the cell/pack cost by more than 50%. These future savings are being funded today but everything today still uses the full price old batteries. This doesn't even consider FSD...

Yes. And it drives me insane. I'm not sure how this company is real.

I got into the FSD beta with 10.5. I have no idea when it will be good enough to start valuing robotaxis, but before then it will start to power Tesla Insurance revenue.

I have to give FSD/AI $0 in value right now so I don't completely lose my mind.

Back on Monday when the share price was 14% higher than current price, there were 20 posts on this thread about "personal islands", a sure sign of a local top. Going forward the mere mention of peronsal "islands" or "mountains" should result in an automatic yellow card and should be discouraged as much as haiku and limericks. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

The Tesla store seems to have really stepped their game up, my Cyberwhistle order arrived already... Which is really good considering how long some of my past orders took to be filled.

When the whistle production team asked Elon how to speed things up he dug down into first principals and told them 'just skip testing.. don't blow it'.